Haynes Manuels

sierraman

You used to be able to buy American DIY car manuals ‘shop manuals’ that claimed to cover all models - or at least all major US makes from a massive date range like  ‘1951-1976’ or similar. These were probably useful enough if you were rebuilding a really common engine, like a Chrysler slant-6, but pretty hopeless for bodywork or something like balancing an exotic carb set up that was only used on one muscle car for 2 years. 

Haynes must have relied on the other English speaking markets they sold in to justify some of the cars they covered, particularly the ones that were specific to one generation of the Datsun Violet or something.

Even if the model wasn’t sold in the States there was always Canada, Australia, NZ, South Africa etc.

My newish one for the MX5 (NA/NB) makes it pretty clear at the start it’s written for North America first and the U.K. second. 

I've every ford 0ne upto 2000 except thames 12/15cwt, cortina P100 & frogeye Scorpio as Haynes didn't do one.

An almost complete set of ford microfiche 70-95.

For cortinas I have each issue by Haynes , cortina mk3-5 I have them from allover the world Inc some obscure ones.

Plus factory ones for UK, (UK parts books)Australia (parts microfiche)& for MK3 North America.

Alas not for South Africa which I'd love to go with my bakkie.