Jump to content

Peugeot 405 TD Executive Estate - moving on up!


Recommended Posts

  • SmokinWaffle changed the title to Peugeot 405 TD Executive Estate - potentially for sale

I can't believe you're moving this on so soon, needs must and all that but you must be gutted!

I'd imagine it's pretty hard to find as an actual useable diesel 405 for sensible money these days, I genuinely haven't seen one on the roads up here for what must be years now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shirley Knott said:

I can't believe you're moving this on so soon, needs must and all that but you must be gutted!

I'd imagine it's pretty hard to find as an actual useable diesel 405 for sensible money these days, I genuinely haven't seen one on the roads up here for what must be years now. 

It is really a pain. Depends how busy my welder is in the next couple of weeks but I'm hoping to move house a fair distance in the next couple of months and it might just be a bridge too far doing this at the same time - if I can't get it MOT'd I'm not going to pay to have it transported up the country that's for sure haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

It is really a pain. Depends how busy my welder is in the next couple of weeks but I'm hoping to move house a fair distance in the next couple of months and it might just be a bridge too far doing this at the same time - if I can't get it MOT'd I'm not going to pay to have it transported up the country that's for sure haha

Does it drive OK? You could always drive it to a pre-booked MOT (top tip, Halfords are offering a free MOT with every purchase of anything) abort the test en route and coincidentally* find yourself at your new abode with the car too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stanky said:

Does it drive OK? You could always drive it to a pre-booked MOT (top tip, Halfords are offering a free MOT with every purchase of anything) abort the test en route and coincidentally* find yourself at your new abode with the car too?

It needs the front caliper unsticking as it gets very hot/is stuck mostly on I think - but it would drive okay after that. Drives okay now just wouldn't want to drive 300 miles with a glowing red brake disc. Just not sure if I have the mental space for it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stanky said:

Ah, right yes understood. quick strip down and grease the sliders or is it a bit* beyond that?

Unsure. Haven't even had time to look at it, was going to look at it one evening this week but I ended up driving for 9 hours that day instead. Life is.....it's certainly moving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SmokinWaffle changed the title to Peugeot 405 TD Executive Estate - moving on up!
On 4/21/2021 at 9:33 PM, loserone said:

Good idea.

Well - that's what happening,

1697155935_PXL_20210524_154247673(1).thumb.jpg.d6933cc7beb74a57e193db9c729efacd.jpg

Loaded to the brim (and I mean to the brim) with stuff and on it's way to my new place many many miles away. @worldofceri - as reliable and helpful as always. Never realised how long they actually were until I got a good view of it from the side.

The story continues...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, bigfella2 said:

Are you in Dee-dar land yet??

Now we are! Have been for around a week and a half but it's been manic! New place, new house, new job, buying furniture, unpacking, trying not to have a mental breakdown....the usual

On 5/25/2021 at 6:47 AM, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Good luck mate!

Thanks chap!

@worldofceri bringing home the goods today as always.

PXL_20210605_170614026.thumb.jpg.9a3c08c04475e183b0be5b0e6e591f79.jpg

Faultless service as always! I have a big ol drive now too. :-)

There was a slight delay due to Ceri's Kia having a bad time - but he delivered this attached to a very shiny new thing. It's red and beefy. Forgot to take a picture though. Useful there was a delay though as now I have room to put the stuff that's in the 405! Most of it is garden & garage stuff anyhow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, worldofceri said:

Yes. 2017 D Max with 12k miles on the clock. 13k miles already fast approaching!

It’s had a very leisurely start to life!  I wonder what it’s been doing up until now?  

A friend has a D-Max, and really rates it.  There’s one hurdle that he wasn’t able to avoid but you definitely can - the dreaded rust.

He bought a 3 year old example with a full MOT.  64,000 miles, all of them completed in Aberdeenshire.  It went on to fail its second MOT due to corrosion.

I think £150 of Bilt Hamber goodies applied when you have a quiet day or two this summer will ensure a long and happy marriage together!

Do you need a tacho for your type of work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MJK 24 said:

Do you need a tacho for your type of work?

Yes. The head unit in my previous Kia failed five weeks inside the warranty, and luckily I can carry it over to the Isuzu, so I will get a brand new unit fitted and only have to pay for the fitting and calibration.

(Sorry for the thread drift btw, SW!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...