N19's fleet - OMGHGF

N19

5 minutes ago, CaptainBoom said:

Fake News Alert!  The Northern Line is never that empty, where are the tramps, discarded chips, newspapers and other dross that society brings to a transit system? 
Oh, it's 7AM and you're at the outer reaches of the Northern Line where it's nice.  Carry on, as you were.

Seriously though, watching this with interest N19.  Have a great journey!

The picture was taken at 6.05am and the train had just come from the depot! Barnet is the terminus, so at least I always get a seat. During the day, there is a team of cleaners who go through the train once it arrives at the end of the line and lift discarded newspapers and other litter,  so in theory it leaves the terminus tidy enough. 

Currently at work for a few hours before commencing the next stage...

IMG_20230519_161130_5.thumb.jpg.6baa77f6e6fcc962c07ca95e1ecaeb08.jpg

Last Sunday I saw @mrbenn's for sale thread. A ULEZ compliant early 00s Ford at a good price. Added points for shiter provenance, and air con! Ben has owned this for 11 years and was sad to see it go, he's clearly spent a lot of time and effort on it, the condition of the car shows. Everything works how it should, and it handles beautifully. 

After a trip up I'm stopped in Leicester heading back to London. Why Leicester though?

• N19 changed the title to N19's fleet - Focussing on the latest acquisition
3 hours ago, N19 said:

IMG_20230519_161130_5.thumb.jpg.6baa77f6e6fcc962c07ca95e1ecaeb08.jpg

Last Sunday I saw @mrbenn's for sale thread. A ULEZ compliant early 00s Ford at a good price. Added points for shiter provenance, and air con! Ben has owned this for 11 years and was sad to see it go, he's clearly spent a lot of time and effort on it, the condition of the car shows. Everything works how it should, and it handles beautifully. 

After a trip up I'm stopped in Leicester heading back to London. Why Leicester though?

Yassssss I'm glad this got bought as I was perilously close to having another, even though I've done feck all with the one I already have 😂

19 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Yassssss I'm glad this got bought as I was perilously close to having another, even though I've done feck all with the one I already have 😂

200 miles in a car not driven for a month, and then previously laid up for the last 6, is an indication of it being decent and well looked after - which I intend on continuing!

@N19 Thanks so much for buying this, Tom! You were the absolute perfect buyer and made the whole thing very easy - much appreciated. I was indeed sad to see the car go but am so pleased it has clearly gone to a good home.
I'm glad it made the trip south without issue though I didn't expect anything else. The car has been brilliant during my ownership and I hope it continues to behave for you.

Thanks again!

On 5/19/2023 at 11:54 PM, N19 said:

200 miles in a car not driven for a month, and then previously laid up for the last 6, is an indication of it being decent and well looked after - which I intend on continuing!

In which case, you need to cavity wax those sills ASAP! Great purchase though sir!

21 hours ago, mrbenn said:

@N19 Thanks so much for buying this, Tom! You were the absolute perfect buyer and made the whole thing very easy - much appreciated. I was indeed sad to see the car go but am so pleased it has clearly gone to a good home.
I'm glad it made the trip south without issue though I didn't expect anything else. The car has been brilliant during my ownership and I hope it continues to behave for you.

Thanks again!

No problem - and thanks for the biscuits, which kept me sustained along the A50...

3 hours ago, uk_senator said:

In which case, you need to cavity wax those sills ASAP! Great purchase though sir!

Appropriate protection will take place!

The Capri being away, I've been using the lockup to repaint and clean some of the parts. Today the Bluebird went in for storage, mainly to avoid any parking issues at home. 

(note the strip of concrete by the garage door - that's the difference between clean and dirty, as I went over that bit with the pressure washer! Endeavouring to give the garage floor generally a going over when the weather is hot, and hopefully when the garage is empty)

I spent a bit of time moving stuff from the Bluebird (toolbox, jump leads, odds and sods) into the Focus, and then rooted out Bluebird-specific parts I've got - makes sense for them to go with the car when it does move on. I have a friend who has first refusal on it, who's going to let me know. Hopefully it'll depart before the Capri comes back!

image.thumb.png.ddb8e69b0c93019488923fc2bf224760.png

I've done about 250 miles in the Focus since buying it on Friday afternoon, mostly from the drive down, but I went for a trundle around Bwood and up to Brookmans' Park this evening. The oil level was low, a known issue with this car, so topped up a bit - I'll be changing the oil on it and the Mondeo in a couple of weeks.

The shininess does mean I'll need to improve my attitude to washing of cars, I think...

image.thumb.png.10d3ea42eed9151d7e33b8b09c33ff9b.png

Almost everything is curved, part of the New Edge design. The CD player will be changed for a tape player very soon, luckily a straight swap between a 4000 and 6000 unit.

image.thumb.png.fd3b23565a2789eeeb686f61982cb6b0.png

2 minutes ago, N19 said:

Almost everything is curved, part of the New Edge design. The CD player will be changed for a tape player very soon, luckily a straight swap between a 4000 and 6000 unit.

image.thumb.png.fd3b23565a2789eeeb686f61982cb6b0.png

The New Edge design is rather pleasing visually. Mine is similar inside but with added WOOD.

20230322_123013.thumb.jpg.6cfdef4871ec4ecf57b4b78d02e44ec3.jpg

I'd have offered you a tape unit from mine, but it had the same CD unit originally, which was a replacement it seems.

Fords of that era have a number of interchangeable units, some with tapes, some with CDs, some with CD-changer connections. The Mondeo has the 4000 unit which has a tape player, and slots in in about 20 seconds with the 'removal tool' (some bent metal rods). I've ordered another second hand tested one. I might actually ask the local van hire company nicely if I can swap my CD unit for one of their vans tape ones - they have a large number of tape players in their smiley face Transits.

Just now, N19 said:

Fords of that era have a number of interchangeable units, some with tapes, some with CDs, some with CD-changer connections. The Mondeo has the 4000 unit which has a tape player, and slots in in about 20 seconds with the 'removal tool' (some bent metal rods). I've ordered another second hand tested one. I might actually ask the local van hire company nicely if I can swap my CD unit for one of their vans tape ones - they have a large number of tape players in their smiley face Transits.

Aye fair shout. The 7000 from the Scorpio may be a fun punt though...

I ended up just sticking an aftermarket Sony in mine. Ended up with an Alpine cassette though... decisions decisions...

20230515_100220.thumb.jpg.ea87da21c450193a4f2b97759f103a96.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I disappeared up to Scotland for a bit. Modern fords were driven whilst up there...

image.thumb.png.08d19419a5b4976905c34b9d4a1e2527.png

as well as much use of the Mondeo for towing, lugging stuff around etc, for which it is perfect - as well as the long distance drive up there.

image.thumb.png.96fbc066ae8f2f6c1137a76bdf2aa653.png

Upon return, it's been oil change time. The Mondeo also had new brake fluid pushed through, new coolant, strip/clean/check brakes etc.

image.thumb.png.baf166bc758ded0a58cede23cb1bb4e1.png

as suggested by sierraman, 10W40 in the Focus, although I'll keep an eye on it. 

image.thumb.png.4872764b4c93f02d46d7bfff9a25cfc7.png

• N19 changed the title to N19's fleet - Gone away, is the Bluebird.

A sad day today, as the Bluebird left the fleet, a ULEZ casualty.

image.thumb.png.2dc6d82a32d58ee0e923679f44e00334.png

image.thumb.png.4fae78370349fc18e368d1cd60c8caae.png

It's given me 4 years of good service, been to Scotland, Yorkshire, various parts of the home counties, trundled around inner and outer London a lot, helped two friends move house, towed a Mondeo ten miles home, jump started a few dozen people during lockdown, provided somewhere to take a nap when my neighbours were making a racket on New Years Day 2020 at 4.30am. Fond memories. Sold for slightly less than I'd hoped, but without hassle, so that's a bonus.