Automotive Services Shikari 6

MisterH

Many years ago, around 2015, when I was exploring the area around Winchester where I live, I came across a strange gull winged 6 wheel car called the Shikari

I knew immediately this was something special, it was so strange, looked like a Bond villain's base runaround, or something similar. 

It is clearly made using BL/Ford parts, but is clearly on a unique chassis 

I have tried looking this thing up online and have found very little information on it, but I do know it is called the Automotive Services Shikari 6, and was built in Winchester sometime in the mid 70s-early 80s. 

It would be nice to take this on as it doesn't look very complicated, but the smashed windscreen may be irreplaceable (but I suspect it could be a parts bin item) and being an unregistered prototype it may be a difficult legal matter, eitherway it isn't something I am willing to take on at the moment, though if someone here is interested, I can drop a post-it on it and hope for the best, it was there last summer, assume it still is. 

I would appreciate your thoughts on this enigma

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG

Looks very much like a Sherpa screen.. the corners especially....and also look like Ford GL wheels on the rear..

would be easy enough to throw another screen surround at it....if you can mould fibreglass..

8 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

That looks terrible; when are you having it delivered? IVA might be a bit fruity, perhaps try chancing it as an agricultural vehicle.

Oh I haven't bought it, it isn't mine, I just found it and virtually no one seems to know what it is, at last though I have a place I can talk about it

I'd have thought the difference between a mock up and a working one might just be fitting a Metro Engine and gearbox,, and would be so little as to make it pointless to make just a mock up. if you can remove the screen without breaking it more, maybe with a bit of added support across the missing bit, it is not too difficult make a wooden form to shape and reproduce a one off perspex screen, Ive done that for Berkeley T60s and B90s. There's other 6 wheeled Mini engine kits form similar era so a chance they share some parts  (hopefully not the hydroplastic suspenders) though the wheel size looks completely different.  If I still lived in Winchester and worked at the motocross track  I'd be interested.  Theese people possibly know  more  https://minimarcos.org.uk/altpics/index.html

Scamp

6 Wheeler Mini Scamp For Sale in Rathdrum, Wicklow from ...

Hustler

side view