New owner's modifications

Blake's Den

Hello all

I've been looking for my old MR2 for a few months now after discovering that it is has a MoT after a number of years. Today I found it on ebay and it has changed somewhat! I wasn't perfect when I sold it but at least you didn't need a bag over your head to drive it.

DSC04469.thumb.JPG.8c0865e1df14e7931de97e5c984d91ad.JPG1305782802_s-l1600(6).thumb.jpg.5948989d6fca207306f4a3155e625d26.jpgimg_7048.thumb.jpg.33399553c82754f6f90efacb12621457.jpg15870717_s-l1600(8).thumb.jpg.e53bc7de73c723707b9d3a8ba5d2fac7.jpg

I've posted the ebay add in the ebay tat thread and it was well received. Which got my thinking - do we need for a thread where we can discuss and berate the mods made by new owners of shite that you have owned? 

9 minutes ago, Stanky said:

I think what it really needs is a FEW MORE FERRARI BADGES.

Edit - why does the bonnet scoop face backwards?

I believe it is to make it look like an E-type jag, even through its also supposed to be a Ferrari.  Nobody must have told him that the engine is behind the seats......

I wonder if it’s a piece to depict ideological inner turmoil at Ferrari In the early 60s where they were facing up to the engine behind the driver revolution whilst doggedly sticking with front engines. Hence our power bulge where the bonnet would be whilst Another engineer has hidden The engine at the back. A mess but there’s a story there. Maybe.

I guess when you sell a car it’s up to the new owner what he does with it in a way but sometimes you can’t help but think what a fucking mess they’ve made. First picture looks a really tidy car, probably appreciate in value over time. Last few pictures it just looks a pile of shit. It’ll ride about like that for a few months with the big exhaust annoying the neighbours then it’ll be sat on a driveway for god knows how long until it’s carted away to the scrapyard. 

Ive often thought car accessories are like bad tattoos, products of boredom. 

‘Will probably need odds and ends doing’ - like weighing the cunt in.

There’s a nod to ageing the car with the silver on black plates, silver painted wiper arms etc 

I’m struggling to see the gearstick, presumably it’s got an aggressive short shift kit which now means it’s 5cm high and quite difficult to select gear with. 

When selling cars, you have to assume that the next/successive owners will ruin it/run it into the ground/never service it/drive it into stationary objects. I always raise a wry smile when I read ads where it stipulates 'Uncle Derek's pride and joy must go to a good home'. The second your car disappears down the road with someone else's arse on the driver's seat, you have zero control over what will happen to it. That's why I just can't bring myself to sell my own MR2 - values haven't picked up yet, so I'm 99.99% certain it would end up dead within a couple of years as its 'just an old car '. 

If you zoom in ther are further bonus prancing horses to be found. Instrument cluster bottom left (visible within / behind the Steering wheel) presumably some minor instrumentation is obscured but there’s an extra caravillio rampante to peel away to check your fuel level. 

I looked after my Astra Coupe for 13 years. It was tastefully  modified with OEM accessories.

I sold it in mint condition to someone who claimed it was their forever car.

Instead they fitted shit footwell  neon lights, blacked out the windows,  painted the calipers blue, got bored of it and sold it to a girl who gave up on it after a simple running issue surfaced. Immediately bought by someone who broke it for parts and scrapped it.

I know once a car is sold it's as good as gone but still. Knobheads.

Personally, I’m a huge Ferrari fan in every sense. Despite, or perhaps because of this I own no branded leisurewear, and would never dream of modding a car like that. Each to their own- I get the passion but not the outlet.

8 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

When selling cars, you have to assume that the next/successive owners will ruin it/run it into the ground/never service it/drive it into stationary objects. I always raise a wry smile when I read ads where it stipulates 'Uncle Derek's pride and joy must go to a good home'. The second your car disappears down the road with someone else's arse on the driver's seat, you have zero control over what will happen to it. That's why I just can't bring myself to sell my own MR2 - values haven't picked up yet, so I'm 99.99% certain it would end up dead within a couple of years as its 'just an old car '. 

Absolutely correct and why I have so many cars.

Advert says owner selling as he is in his seventies, wisdom does not always come with age.

15 minutes ago, DavidB said:

V8

I wonder if he drove round with the idea people thought it was a Ferrari? There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s just a little bit deluded.

Perhaps hung around in discos and told young girls he had a Ferrari parked outside ?