Events you're hoping to attend in 2021

BorniteIdentity

38 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

The pre 80’s breakfast meet sounds good, I assume the pre booking is due to Covid? If restrictions improve later in the year I would like to go to that, I have a choice of pre ‘80s  cars to take and it is not too far, only just over 100 miles each way so a nice run out.

I don't think you officially need a pre-80s car to go in, just they word it like that to try and entice them. 

Previous years there was no pre-booking. I believe they need pre-booking because of CV - like Re:Fuel does. Personally I'd be happy for them to keep the pre-booking and fee, as in previous years I've been, it's got far too busy and at times overflowing.

Pre-booking allows the numbers to ultimately be capped and more of a chance of actually getting in, rather than too full and being turned away. 

The NEC classic car show in November, also a gig rescheduled from last month also to November. Also any other gig I can get to this year.

Also if the Ripon classis car and autojumble around August bank holiday weekend.

This years list is not looking great TBH. The ones I was planning on are NEC Resto show (postponed from March last year to March this year and now June but the same weekend as Lemans 24 (13th ish) so unlikely to happen. Lemans 24 hour - unlikely to happen. Lemans Classic in July, unlikely to happen. Macon Classique  in August unlikely to happen. So far the only thing on is the Saab OC shindig at Prescott at the beginning of August so the 2 stroke Sonett will get another outing :-) 

Hope to attend the FOD and anything else I can get to!

1 minute ago, MiniMort said:

Ah, you know our culture! Sounds like a great start to the most Autoshite of days

I used to work in that office block next to the hospital about 10 years ago, and it was a great way to get a good feed for cheap.

Very rarely go that part of the country now, and when I do the wife is with me and she doesn't appreciate Tracey's cooking.

I'm waiting for word from the Lakeland Motor Museum; I'll be at everything I can get to when they let us in again.  There's also the monthly American-car meets at Morecambe to look forward to, although that may change venue after a year off.  We will find out, I guess.  I'm not really planning to go much further afield but you never know!

Thinking more locally to the NE of Scotland, hmm.

How Many Left at Grampian Transport Museum in Alford is usually in May, so probably out.

There's a classic show in Oldmeldrum quite late in the summer (something like August) and I think my dad is planning to take the Land Rover along soon. Even if it's just a self-powered chassis at that point!

23 hours ago, SiC said:

Booked for the pre-80s Breakfast Meet at Haynes on Sunday 11th April. Need to decide if going in the MGB, or I'll fix the calipers on the 1100 and take that down (with for sale advert in the window). I did naively hope the Dolomite would have been done by then... 😕

Whether it'll go ahead or not is another matter entirely. 

April dates have just been cancelled today unsurprisingly. 😕

Gives me more time to get the Dolomite together though. 

kerry and i had hoped that we would be going on the London to Brighton mini run in may.

we have a ticket for the 2020 run which didn't happen cos of chinese bat flu, and guess what, the reschedualed 2021 run won't be happening either, the one thing been that we will be able to return the ticket and get a refund!

otherwise we already know that there will not be a show at Yorks Farming Museum, Ormseby Hall, Thwaites Mill or at Beamish, all of those are close to home, and we usually go to them. well we didn't last year ands  i had hoped that this year might have been ok.

Also we know that Big Mini day in Lincoln won't be happening again this year too.

i have hopes that there will be something on at Gaydon later in the year, and that we might get to the BL show at Milton Keynes, and maybe also the FotU but and this is the rub, i would not like to bet on any of these days out ACTUALLY happening, but we live in the hope that they will!

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

I think anything that’s a big* ‘loads of cars and people in a field’ before mid June is pretty unlikely given the restrictions on sporting events etc, 

*this exempts anything Mr 6 cyl may organise 😀

Presactly - which is why my season opener is off. 

I’d like to think that, by July, things can get underway again - even if entries are limited. 

More than anything - just need a bit of hope!

On 3/1/2021 at 8:23 PM, Saabnut said:

The ones I was planning on are NEC Resto show (postponed from March last year to March this year and now June but the same weekend as Lemans 24 (13th ish) so unlikely to happen.

Just got the email this morning to say Practical Classics 2021 in June has been cancelled.

Screenshot_20210303-093342.thumb.png.f9037b074a7842c7f48f70739e195cb2.png

A truck racing round or 2 if they manage to get a season in. 

A few rounds of the retro drift championship if they manage to get a season in, to support my mate who's in it by making tea. 

Whatevers going at my local race circuit castle Coombe on the basis of use it or lose it. Sat on the banking in the sun is always pleasurable, no matter whats lapping. 

Definitely missing motorsport at the moment 

On 3/1/2021 at 9:09 PM, FakeConcern said:

I'm hoping the new version (now called TorqueVolvo) of Volvo600 will go ahead at the end of June. I took the C30 to the 2019 event and enjoyed it and met lots of other C30 owners...

C30T5Brunt.thumb.JPG.c4de47ebccf33ee87623af94aec40367.JPG

https://www.volvo600.co.uk/

Is there a dragstrip at this do? Can't see any mention of it, but it's on an airfield so would seem a bit of a missed opportunity. 

5 hours ago, scdan4 said:

Is there a dragstrip at this do? Can't see any mention of it, but it's on an airfield so would seem a bit of a missed opportunity. 

At Torque Volvo? Not as far as I know, I believe the idea is to break a record for the longest continuous line of one car make to support a charity. Obviously also a great day out and chance to nose at lots of Volvos, but not really a car show as such.

On 01/03/2021 at 20:23, Saabnut said:

This years list is not looking great TBH. The ones I was planning on are NEC Resto show (postponed from March last year to March this year and now June but the same weekend as Lemans 24 (13th ish) so unlikely to happen. Lemans 24 hour - unlikely to happen. Lemans Classic in July, unlikely to happen. Macon Classique  in August unlikely to happen. So far the only thing on is the Saab OC shindig at Prescott at the beginning of August so the 2 stroke Sonett will get another outing :-) 

Hope to attend the FOD and anything else I can get to!

Going as expected! :-( 

NEC cancelled, Lemans 24 put back to August (but may be behind closed doors). Waiting on the others....

• 3 weeks later...

If this goes ahead - would there be any appetite for a gathering?  

https://www.littlegransdenairshow.co.uk/airshow-line-up-2021/

I went in the PISSING RAIN a few years ago and, even then, it was great.  You get planes, you get cars, you get beer and live music.  There are also many women in pretty frocks and labradors with fat heads to pat.  It's a solid 9/10.

I know @Six-cylinderhas been before and I think @alf892too.  If we could get a few people together it'd be nice to see some familiar faces, as it's approximately ONE mile from my house! (Still allows time for multiple breakdowns at my current rate)