Events you're hoping to attend in 2021

BorniteIdentity

Annoyingly, the "season opener" for me is already off - the prestigious Ipswich to Felixstowe Vintage Vehicle Run has happened in my native Suffolk every year since 1970.  Apart from, obviously, last year.

thursday-16th-may.jpg

jt-felix-historic002.jpg

So, I'm already starting to look forward to events later in the year.  I spoke with someone at Hagerty last week who assured me they are intending to do Festival of the Unexceptional in Late July, but wouldn't be drawn on any other events.

Are we going to have a stab at a SHITEFEST come late June (all going to roadmap/plan) ?  

What else is likely to be on?!

It'd be nice to form a list of stuff to look forward to; I think we've got some catching up to do!

Booked for the pre-80s Breakfast Meet at Haynes on Sunday 11th April. Need to decide if going in the MGB, or I'll fix the calipers on the 1100 and take that down (with for sale advert in the window). I did naively hope the Dolomite would have been done by then... 😕

Whether it'll go ahead or not is another matter entirely. 

7 minutes ago, SiC said:

Booked for the pre-80s Breakfast Meet at Haynes on Sunday 11th April. Need to decide if going in the MGB, or I'll fix the calipers on the 1100 and take that down (with for sale advert in the window). I did naively hope the Dolomite would have been done by then... 😕

That looks like a good morning out. I haven't a suitable vehicle for that one sadly, but lots of pics please!

1 minute ago, loserone said:

I'll remain relatively optimistic for Chumley.  And some scotoshite suppers. 

And perhaps a greater Durham region shit Peugeot lickers BBQ 

Do I qualify for an invitation..... automatically*

*see what I did there ;)

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

Manic Street Preachers in August...

Is that the NHS gig?

As for me, I would quite like to do something that involve camping and giving my RAV4 a damn good thrashing. 

Would quite like to go to back Ireland but that's unlikely to happen this year. Plus given the absolute shithousery of the past (near) 18 months I might not come back, much to the disgust of the wife. 

Hoping the NEC classic show goes ahead in November - whilst it's very late in the year, long after lockdown is supposed to be lifted, it's also all indoors which may still affect its viability compared the outdoor summer shows.

It's an expensive show normally, but my friends and I help run the Association of British VW Clubs stand, so we get always in for nowt. :D 

That looks like a good morning out. I haven't a suitable vehicle for that one sadly, but lots of pics please!
They do a post-80s one too. Previous years it was only one event but it got progressively busier. Hopefully the small charge and entrance ticket will help control numbers.

This year they've not only expanded the museum, they've finally put a hard standing down in the rear and larger car park. So hopefully no getting stuck in mud anymore.

Might be a bit of a trek for you though. Maybe if you're on holiday in the area during the summer and happen to be passing.

I’m rather hoping that CarFest Retro at Bicester is cancelled. Mrs N bought me tickets for Christmas at a cost of £300 !!!  It looks shit and I suffered half a day at a CarFest North in 2012/3 and that was shit.

Its supposed to happen on the weekend just before the 21June , so hopefully will get binned and she’ll get the money back and I can be suitably disappointed.

Love things like Harpenden, Stony Stratford etc , so hope some of those will comeback in some form.

I will definitely go to Cortina Day at Monmouth if it is on but unlikely as it is usually early June?

A show at  Gaydon would be good, I would like to go to BL day and also Ford day there.

I would also like to attend the Revival at Goodwood again, I had planned to go in 2020 before COVID stopped it.

I am interested in attending the Festival of the Unexceptional as have never been

And a chance to attend the field of dreams would be good also.

Interesting to hear the comments on Carfest as I have never been but wondered on a few occasions if I should try it but NorfolkNWeigh has confirmed my gut feeling.

Hopefully FOTU and some of the quality events mentioned above. 
And in related news, a friend of mine has a pub with a biggish car park near Sheffield - he’d be up for hosting some sort of shite gathering. His daily is a Rover 600 diesel....

2 hours ago, SiC said:

The pre 80’s breakfast meet sounds good, I assume the pre booking is due to Covid? If restrictions improve later in the year I would like to go to that, I have a choice of pre ‘80s  cars to take and it is not too far, only just over 100 miles each way so a nice run out.

2 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

I’ve got a decent chance of making it to FOTU this year if it happens.

I’d also like to swing by the Field of Dreams at some point, not least because I owe @LightBulbFun a couple of ancient light bulbs. 

Yeah I very much would like to actually get those to my place one way or another! I have not forgotten about them!

and thank you for continuing to hold them for me :) 

but yeah would very much like to attend FoD gatherings and actually get my Invacar road worthy

and then attend Shitefest and such like with it! (and pick up said tubes if i have not got them already by then)

Roll on classic car shows! I have an online radio show about cars (not a plug, I swear!) and my first, full, hour-long show was a report on the 2019 NEC Classic Car Show, my first and (so far) only car show I've covered.

As a Nuneatonite, I'm not that far away from Gaydon or the Coventry Motor Museum, both of which have the odd car show every now and then. But I'll definitely travel for FOTU if it's still going ahead in the Summer

16 minutes ago, MiniMort said:

As a Nuneatonite, I'm not that far away from Gaydon or the Coventry Motor Museum, both of which have the odd car show every now and then. But I'll definitely travel for FOTU if it's still going ahead in the Summer

Mate, the first thing I'd do if I was in Nuneaton would be to pay Tracey's Cafe a visit! 

Sod the car shows, get the big breakfast for £5 down you!