Old Ford camper

Flat4

Not sure if there's a spotted thread on here but nevertheless, this old thing is so glorious it deserves it's own!

Parked next to it at Lidl's but sadly didn't get to speak to the owner. Would like to have known which engine it has. All I know is that it's a derv. Last MOT was in 2016 as it'll be exempt now, being from 1968. Had lots of welding and undersealing in 2014, according to the MOT history, which is probably how it's survived this long.

20210228_175548.jpg

20210228_175525.jpg

20210228_171139.jpg

20210228_171123.jpg

20210228_171058.jpg

20210228_171049.jpg

20210228_171048.jpg

i loved that van, it is so honest, unlike most classics that are polished to the hilt it has a patina, flat paint, rust, parts not matching but still on the road. 53 years old, from when the railways were steam powered, from when there was no colour tv or internet. maw, paw an the weans on holiday with a radio and pack of cards for entetainment. it is a piece of social history that is alive and still doing what it was designed for. a flat bunnet of motoring

6 hours ago, junkyarddog said:

Looks like an old chip van.

Or a mobile shop of some kind.

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

I thought it was an ice cream van because of the shape of the windows on the passenger side but it seems it's always been a camper.

How do you tell?

Have a Google for Landliners. I didn't know what they were either til Strangeangel pointed it out. They are technically a conversion but from my understanding, they were bought from Ford by a professional converter and then sold on.