Should I put a letter through the door.

Vince70

The letter has been put through the letterbox about an hour ago and I noticed the windows were open in the house and the back gate was also open so that’s a good sign that someone lives at the address.

So I just have to wait to hear something but it’s not the end of the world if the owner doesn’t get back in touch but I would hate to see it being bridged 

I’ve given them my landline and my mobile so it’s fingers crossed.

These old Compacts are getting weighed in at an alarming rate as when I bought mine a few years back you could still find nice rust free examples quite easily and had two identical examples in succession.

I think most are getting used for the drift scene and the BMW compact cup now 

It was the first day that I actually went out in my Ti compact  today for quite  sometime and can honestly say that they’re a lovely motor to drive so need a supply of them so  I’ve got enough to last me post agenda 2030 lol.

Also a good neighbour of mine just had a car picked up locally on a low loader for £40 so if I do manage to get it then I will ask him for the guys number and now have storage space up the side of the house as I had a hard standing put in so it needs some use.

DE7986EA-4F10-4F47-A3A2-794828108AB1.jpeg

D1C0277D-9C6D-4ADD-A4DE-222CD6DBF01B.jpeg

31631B00-FDA5-4845-8EFF-742F4CB22560.jpeg

6 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

E36's have aged fantastically well IMO, I'd definitely have a nice unmolested one, which of course is practically impossible nowadays thinks to the driftyo wankaz. Yours looks great.

When I actually bought my red Ti I had to be vetted first to see if I was the right person for the car lol.

The only real change I’ve made is a blaupunkt Bluetooth stereo as it didn’t have a stereo fitted when I bought it but I found one which I think looks good in the motor.

D16F1977-16E6-4E1A-9A05-2ACEC98C5A3B.jpeg

I'd be interested to see the outcome here - there's a Peugeot 605 not far from me which has been "resting" for 7ish years. Tempted to drop them a letter, but not really sure what to put in it.

If this works, I'll copy your homework. :D  I'll change some of the words so it's not obvious I've copied it. :P 

8 hours ago, spartacus said:

TBH, it might sound crazy but particularly with giffers that handwriting could help your cause, my folks would immediately assume you're a 'nice young man' for sure.

If he used a type writer it would be even better. 

Years ago, I saw a rather tatty 2cv parked at the side of some houses. A few months later, I was back there and it was in the same place, clearly untouched. I left a note, politely putting something on the lines of "I'd be interested if you are getting rid of this". Heard nothing.

Maybe 6 months later, the owner called and would have given me the car, but sadly things had changed and I couldn't take it. Nowadays, I still couldn't justify having it, but I probably would!

Good luck!

10 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

IT's been a day

any progress????

I’ve not had any phone calls so I’m guessing it’s a no but it was worth a try and I was looking forward to getting it fired back up after sitting for a few years.

It’s a shame but at the end of the day it’s been  sitting on the seafront for 4 years and it’s last MOT it had back in 2017 it had heavy surface corrosion mentioned so I doubt that’s done it any favours and maybe it’s got sentimental value to the owner as looking at the house I’m imagining someone elderly lives at the address.

I suppose if it was some elderly old Lady  at the address they wouldn’t want to pick up a phone and speak to some random stranger and have them coming round the house to pick up a  cheap scrap car but it’s a shame that it can’t be saved.

Also I suppose with a car on the drive it looks like someone is in all the time and it’s only the likes of us that spot the interesting chod that’s been sitting.

If I hear anything I will let you know straight away as I would have that recovery truck  booked in minutes lol.