3 for 3 MOT Result.

gadgetgricey

Combination of too many cars, and moving house recently meant that I've submitted 3 cars for MOT's in the past two days...

2 passed yesterday, and the final one passed today.

Few advisories on each but well chuffed.

One of the reasons for putting them in for MOT was just to move them from current storage to MOT and then to new house back from MOT. Didn't expect them all to pass. (Well I had hoped the wife's focus would as is her daily driver), but was primarily being done to get them relocated.

Now just need to decide if they are keepers or need to be sold.. (10 cars might be pushing it a bit, the wife does use one of them so only 9 for me :)

Getting more than one MOT on a day is superb.  I've done it just once before now.  Booked MOT in the morning, but then noticed they had very little booked in for the afternoon, so walloped another car through.

"Do I get a bulk discount on MOTs today?"

"You can have a pass on this that actually needs a couple of lamps and a wiper blade.  Piss off and fix it".

"Fair enough...."

You saying wiper blades reminded me. Froze my fingers this morning.

Todays car was my Saab 9-5 which had been stored at the inlaws for a few months.
Popped over Thursday to get battery charged as dead as a dodo. Did a quick check over of car and only thing that jumped out was that both wipers had split ends. Now being the total cheapskate/car hoarder I just took the wipers of my spares car for quickness.

So plan was to be at inlaws house for 07:30. Change wipers and install battety and then have a slow drive to MOT station and  leave car with them at 08:00.
Did not think that through as bad frost this morning, so had to de-ice car with a club card, then try and change wipers which seem to be frozen in place,,,,,

Ended up driving car for the 30 mins and then just managed to change wipers, but my hands were bloody freezing.  

Oh the joys of not planning ahead, and storing cars elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, Talbot said:

"Do I get a bulk discount on MOTs today?"

Its a local garage to where I used to live. (Still not that far away, but 15-20 mins now, rather than 2-3 mins

Approached them years ago regarding a discount and they allow me "trade" price. Worryingly they all know me, even if I just ring up, but getting 3 booked in , over 2 days was a first even for me.