Kudos for Toyota, Project Carina E

bezzabsa

Right as you have gathered, the Kudos has arrived at Bezza towers (cheers WOC for that)..

9901FCC2-22A1-45EF-A0AB-C6236869F418.jpeg

Looking over her I have noted that arches are fooked 

EDA3A75B-D0F9-4E9B-B963-C060ED6FF899.thumb.jpeg.237f20d6c5eac664521e5b443d35360d.jpeg

Hope to get a hammer to them tomorrow to see if they need sparky stick, or fibreglass and wob..

NOW... seeing as I'll be doing all 4 arches, and the surrounding paintwork is actually in pretty good condition.

I intend to do a good old fashioned 80's tidemark, starting at the top of the arches, down to the sills..

Car is a dark grey - so what colour do you reckon the tidemark should be...

GLOSS BLACK

SORT OF SAME COLOUR AS BODY

SATIN BLACK

SILVER

OTHER....

Really not sure what colour as I know I won't be able to match the original, and it will be rattle canned too..

Cheers all, will update as and when anything happens to the old barge

Still trying to find a name for her!!!!

33 minutes ago, TrabbieRonnie said:

Dark-ish silver, but have it follow the arches slightly, could look factree! 

IMG_20210213_152747_098.thumb.jpg.2b437b5e7922bf7ac34961a762fd3e70.jpg

A few Toyota's have this look, the two tone Sprinter Caribs would be worth looking up for inspiration.

I did look at those "wonderful" chrome arches...LOL, but couldnt find a set at a decent price!!

7 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Welcome to the exciting* world of Carina E ownership. 

a very small world if How many left is to believed IIRC 14 on road!!! (possibly more as I think I just looked at Kudos)

has a slight look of MK1 Mondeo about it.....or maybe not!!!

2 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

You could go all cyan forum on it, and stick some poorly fitting bolt-on arches on. Maybe get some wheels that are as wide as they are tall, with lurid coloured centres? That'd look awesome*.

going OTT WAS considered...lowered..canary yellow..banded steels and plastic arches, with the added joy of a fart box exhaust!!

Log book arrived today - surprised to find I'm only the 3rd owner!!

beginning to wonder if 1st was a business or even a Taxi, with switches on dash, random screw holes plus an aerial mount on the roof..

also managed to Eblag an actual owners manual for this year Carina E...

18 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

beginning to wonder if 1st was a business or even a Taxi, with switches on dash, random screw holes plus an aerial mount on the roof..

Maybe one Police force in the UK did really badly with their budgets in 1995 and got it as a motorway interceptor thing.

On 26/02/2021 at 19:06, bezzabsa said:

a very small world if How many left is to believed IIRC 14 on road!!! (possibly more as I think I just looked at Kudos)

has a slight look of MK1 Mondeo about it.....or maybe not!!!

HaHa.... I did HML on SuziQ....

NOT... many... left...

No need for 'blending/tidemarks' on mine....

;)

On 26/02/2021 at 18:55, bezzabsa said:

any photo shop guru's photoshop this to include a silver tidemark please..and if poss some OEM alloys??

DCD07A24-420A-4095-A862-9A5CFBD0CD9F.jpeg

1484446162_carinaphotochop.jpg.1ed789a26944ff3c9669780305f5469a.jpg

Photoshop stupidity aside, I think it would look properly ace with a dark silver tide mark in the style of the Hilux Surf.

51 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

1484446162_carinaphotochop.jpg.1ed789a26944ff3c9669780305f5469a.jpg

Photoshop stupidity aside, I think it would look properly ace with a dark silver tide mark in the style of the Hilux Surf.

thats not too bad..think bumpers need to match though!!

also seen a set of alloys locally for £15

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Today was the day...Taxed - Online , eventually!!!! stupid DVLA site kept throwing me off..

Rang my Insurance to throw it on as a Temporary addition....£175 for the privilage....AND I was on the phone for 1 hour and 40 minutes.....

Deffo swapping insurers!!!

1st geezer tried to tell me it needed to be insured before they could add it to my policy (yh i dont get it either)

then got Super Gran (google it)..who went through everything about 4 times.....then told me its £75 PER WEEK to add it, plus £15 Fees!!! 

Robbing c@nts ...

Co-Op will be getting no more of my cash...Think Hagerty will be the way to go, and throw pickarse on cheapest policy out there!!!

BUT

She drives sweet, not keen on Idling, either sits at 1500rpm, or stumbles around at 600rpm..throttle is sooooooo sensitive, totally different to the pickarse..

Niggles, Dash lights - Don't!! heater controls etc yes, but clocks nope...also interior light works on switch but not on door opening.

also fitted a larger battery today as the one on it was flatter than a witches tit yesterday.....has been sat for almost a month (oops), also binned the 3 remaining dustbin lids, and put the tyres to the correct pressure, which helps handling a lot!!

gunna try and find an open carwash tomorrow, and I'll throw some pics up of it looking clean...

must admit she drives sweet, and steering is superlight, still hesitates on tickover, as stated its either 600 or 1500 until temp is 1/2 way..may look at filter and throttle adjustment