Communal MK3 Cavalier Thread

Split_Pin

Well it's easier to have it at least road legal either way. 

Speedlines were going to stay. But felt the 17's suited it better. 

Plus being mega paranoid about the centre caps going missing, so I got rid. 

Also a fellow Corsa B owner too! But a Pre-97 shitbox in a fetching Aquamarine blue.  Which I'll mention, hats off to you for keeping yours on the road for so long. I quite like it! 

47 minutes ago, JMotor said:

Well it's easier to have it at least road legal either way. 

Speedlines were going to stay. But felt the 17's suited it better. 

Plus being mega paranoid about the centre caps going missing, so I got rid. 

Also a fellow Corsa B owner too! But a Pre-97 shitbox in a fetching Aquamarine blue.  Which I'll mention, hats off to you for keeping yours on the road for so long. I quite like it! 

The centre caps worry me somewhat. Incredibly easy to steal and very hard to find for what is a desirable wheel. I've seen them go for £100 each now!

2 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Both of those are lovely colours.

The resale silver one could have come straight out of a corporate fleet of the day. Bland Boggo spec but well maintained and absolutely competent at carring down the roads. Tremendous car that. 

It did another 100k after I passed it on, and is sadly no longer chugging. 

Screenshot_20210227-100329.thumb.png.7598438204ae845d5b5fc6750db9e157.png

I always wanted another one after that car but they're pretty thin on the ground these days so even though I had an eye out, it was some time till I saw another decent one for sale. 

When the blue one popped up, I had to buy it. 

I have found a plaque in the spares stash of my Cav which was issued to all vehicle exhibitors at The Vauxhall Show in Billing Aquadrome in 2010. I had the same one on my Astra Coupe from the same year so I think @Burnside and I were actually there at the same time.  I was with a small Club called Club Vox, long since dissolved.

Check this sexy momma out-

As Autoshite is all about the BASE, I give you, the Cavalier Envoy.

601407945_CavOSfront.jpg.91249138e27d13d3db654cca6abc7ab0.jpg

2044165543_Nearsiderearclose.jpg.caf5468e74a5145ac1ca316c6698d14b.jpg

This one was an Isuzu 1.7td and had the sweetest, quietest engine ever.  Envoy spec meant grey cloth interior, manual windows, clear glass and blanking plugs everywhere.  Absolutely nothing else.  Probably a company car when new, I'd expect its first owner was deeply disappointed!  I, however, loved it!

Cav OS rear.jpg

Nearside front close.jpg

Nearside rear.jpg

Offside front.jpg

Offside rear wide.jpg

4 hours ago, JMotor said:

Oh you've been to the VBOA then? 

Been twice myself. First time with MK3OC. Second time with Club Vox in 2019. It still lives but as a FB group now. 

Long term VBOA attendee here too. Think this was the last billing before it moved to market harbour.

22FFAABF-0389-4559-9A84-3E85C49D4C62.jpeg

It is funny as car people how we have a subconscious database of cars and locations. I’d completely forgotten about that Cavalier until you mentioned it. 
I saw a red modified saloon in Alloa the other week. Not a GSi though. Was solid red.
I’m watching the latest Once driven, forever smitten at the moment. His cavalier failed its MoT test on emissions.