The new purchase a Rover obviously....

Motown

11 hours ago, Motown said:

If i lived down south and had lots of money thats what my house and driveway would look like haha! That coupe is a beauty

The fastback on the drive is a Vitesse and it’s a beauty. There’s also a saloon sometimes parked outside, will keep an eye out for it.

12 hours ago, JimH said:

Bit late to the party on this one but that is properly lovely. No stupid grille, cloth interior, that lovely pre-airbag steering wheel and the best looking frisbee wheel covers ever fitted to any car ever. Topped off with a non-metallic paint. Just smashing.

I reckon that the 1990 Rover 820Si is the best car that came out of the whole BLARG shitstorm. There was just something about that car with that engine in that spec was just so very right.

Quite jealous really.

Nothing wrong with been late for the party i was supposed to be born on a Friday but i fell out of my mother and skipped along the kitchen floor while she was cooking Sunday dinner and i turned out alright ;) 

No need to be jealous i also own an 827 (XX) and an SD1 they are the ones you wanna be jealous about haha!

All jokes aside i totally agree with you there is something just very right about it 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

What became of this handsome old barge then @Motown

It was restored and sold to a friend who spent four months telling me he wanted a Mk1 820 in red. I believe he took it to a couple of shows Gaydon POL Festival of the unexceptional etc drove it for abit and then he got bored of it an left it sat on his drive.

I said i would buy it back if he was bored of it but then he filled it will E10 and the fuel pump failed so i spent the day sorting it out and fitted a new pump for him. He drove it abit more but he must have grown bored of it again as its now without an MOT locked in his uncles garage.

It did recently feature on Llyod Vehicle Consulting (YouTube Channel) though so maybe it will see the light of day again soon! 

21 minutes ago, Motown said:

It was restored and sold to a friend who spent four months telling me he wanted a Mk1 820 in red. I believe he took it to a couple of shows Gaydon POL Festival of the unexceptional etc drove it for abit and then he got bored of it an left it sat on his drive.

I said i would buy it back if he was bored of it but then he filled it will E10 and the fuel pump failed so i spent the day sorting it out and fitted a new pump for him. He drove it abit more but he must have grown bored of it again as its now without an MOT locked in his uncles garage.

It did recently feature on Llyod Vehicle Consulting (YouTube Channel) though so maybe it will see the light of day again soon! 

Good to hear it's tucked away in the dry and it's occasionally getting out for a razz!