Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesday PM Mrs6C for details

Six-cylinder

On 9/21/2021 at 11:31 PM, EightMegs said:

I wonder where the belted in rear passengers ended up.

I suspect it's more a case of what size microwave oven / wardrobe / chemikhasi ended up embedded in the back of their heads.  Motorcaravans really are just a chassis cab and some papier-mache.  To travel in the back of one, it really needs to be a steel-bodied van conversion rather than an aluminium/timber/ply "coachbuilt" one.  I'd hate to see what would happen if someone side-swiped or t-boned one.. the entire body would just disintegrate:

madmax2.jpg.730714b0f8737153cd8f00c8639f286c.jpg

"Charlie's copped a saucepan in the throat."

3 hours ago, Talbot said:

I suspect it's more a case of what size microwave oven / wardrobe / chemikhasi ended up embedded in the back of their heads.  Motorcaravans really are just a chassis cab and some papier-mache.  To travel in the back of one, it really needs to be a steel-bodied van conversion rather than an aluminium/timber/ply "coachbuilt" one.  I'd hate to see what would happen if someone side-swiped or t-boned one.. the entire body would just disintegrate:

madmax2.jpg.730714b0f8737153cd8f00c8639f286c.jpg

"Charlie's copped a saucepan in the throat."

Saucy.

6 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

When I was at collage my scientific calculator had 52 functions, I understood 48 of them. Now I remember four, + - × /!

IMG_20201203_192021 broad.jpg

Way more collectable and advanced than mine- it even has the functions I'm currently in need of right now!

Fortunately, we can do quite a lot of this stuff in spreadsheets.

My dad had a scientific calculator much like that when I were a nipper.  Red LED display if memory serves.

By the time I did my A levels he'd moved on to a fancy top-of-the-range Texas Instruments thing with a QWERTY keyboard.  I borrowed it for my exam - my "revision" consisted mainly of typing all the formulae I'd need into the calculator's memory.  QWERTY keyboards on calculators were such a newfangled thing at the time that the exam regulators hadn't got around to banning them.

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

My dad had a scientific calculator much like that when I were a nipper.  Red LED display if memory serves.

By the time I did my A levels he'd moved on to a fancy top-of-the-range Texas Instruments thing with a QWERTY keyboard.  I borrowed it for my exam - my "revision" consisted mainly of typing all the formulae I'd need into the calculator's memory.  QWERTY keyboards on calculators were such a newfangled thing at the time that the exam regulators hadn't got around to banning them.

Yes red LED, it still works but has to be plugged into its charger.

IMG_20201203_210352 broad.jpg