Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesday PM Mrs6C for details

Six-cylinder

1 minute ago, Six-cylinder said:

Forecast is 24 C at 8 pm tonight, I wonder if Wi-Fi will reach the closest car on the drive the MX5? Temping to try.

if it doesn't , pinch a laptop from somewhere and get @Mrs6C to throw you a really long ethernet cable :) 

(I think about 100 meters/330ft is the maximum length recommended for a Cat5 ethernet cable)

13 hours ago, brownnova said:

Zoom will work… the users may be harder to operate due to the heat.

Very much what happened to me last night.  Long hot day and very worn out, Zoom worked correctly but I fell asleep with Zoom still running.  D'oops.

Sorry for dropping out, I went to get a beer and the knee went from under me. So the wife came up and ended the call as I couldn't get back up the stairs for a while.

There was more fun this morning though, as it took 10 minutes for me to put a sock on the foot with the duff knee, got to the car, couldn't operate the clutch without screaming. So now at the mercy of my local GP who has stopped telling you where you are in the queue, because saying you are 185th in the queue was bad for patient moral - apparently. 

4 hours ago, Talbot said:

If the screaming only happens when the clutch is depressed, it's likely you need a new release bearing...

I would love a new release bearing, but it looks as if it's the meniscus that's torn.

Cheap, shoddy, Irish engineering this is. It's the second time it's gone in under 6 years and is definitely out of warranty!