Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesday PM Mrs6C for details

Six-cylinder

Good chat this evening peeps. Late night topics of discussion were 'Can you do a wheelie in a steam train locomotive?', and 'As a roadsweepers lorry works on the same principle as a Hoover (beats as it sweeps as it cleans), would it be @beko1987's ultimate vacuum cleaner?'.

Hope to see you again next week start time at work depending.

8 minutes ago, brownnova said:

It was really good fun last night. Wish I could’ve stayed chatting long into the night but I got a wall of tiredness and had as ever a 6.15 alarm to wake for! 

That's what wearing a sodding Invacar t-shirt will do to you!

42 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

I blame @dollywobbler for this sort of indoctrination. Countries have been invaded for less than this!

You are absolutely right, in 2018 he turned up at the FoD as an Invacar salesman, spreading the desire and selling one to Mrs6c! All the usual car sales ticks were used like just sit in it and a test drive. I imagine he even offered her a low deposit and affordable monthly payments.

P1280060 broad.jpg

P1280064 broad.jpg

6 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

You are absolutely right, in 2018 he turned up at the FoD as an Invacar salesman, spreading the desire and selling one to Mrs6c! All the usual car sales ticks were used like just sit in it and a test drive. I imagine he even offered her a low deposit and affordable monthly payments.

P1280060 broad.jpg

P1280064 broad.jpg

Shocking behaviour. It just shouldn't be allowed, not in this day and age.

3 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

It just shouldn't be allowed,

To be fair, the government did try quite hard to eradicate these from the face of the planet.  It's only because of some odd people keeping them hidden away in fields and in barns that any of them exist now.

It's actually quite surprising that a route to put them back on the road exists.  Realistically, there should just be a few in museums here and there, as a warning from history.

8 minutes ago, Talbot said:

To be fair, the government did try quite hard to eradicate these from the face of the planet.  It's only because of some odd people keeping them hidden away in fields and in barns that any of them exist now.

It's actually quite surprising that a route to put them back on the road exists.  Realistically, there should just be a few in museums here and there, as a warning from history.

Indeed.

A house direct from the 1960's, showing in detail a kitchen with floor tiles made of asbestos, a kettle that pops it's electric cord the moment it's boiled (which was a real thing), next to a sink where the lady of the house is washing up (or was until she was electrocuted by the boiled kettle), with the Invacar parked outside the garage because the long-since dead man of the house is trapped in the Isetta he bought that had no reverse gear.

13 minutes ago, 3VOM said:

Picture of the welding. Cleanliness could be an issue so do I just use more Baker's Fluid ?

(That's a joke by the way)

IMG_20210622_163911559.jpg

Not an expert, but on the existing panel, you should have a good 2/3cm where it's bare metal. The existing rubber/paint will melt and affect the weld.

What are you using to make the template? Cardboard?

I think the gap on the bottom right would make me think about cutting that out and starting again. 

Indeed.  At least an inch is needed of clean metal all around the working area.  It looks like the weld has been badly affected by contamination and/or a lack of shielding gas.  It also looks like there is a fit issue there with the patch.  Can you get a photo that shows more of the surrounding area? (IE not as zoomed in).  It's not easy to see where this is.