Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesday PM Mrs6C for details

Six-cylinder

33 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Yup, enjoyed that. Must try to attend more of them. Six-cyl's ever-changing backgrounds were amusing. He was in the Field of Dreams at one point I think!

All except the P6 were cars that need MOTs because of lockdown. On the side I was considering which one to get out storage today ready to take.

12 hours ago, bobdisk said:

I tried to join in, it didnt work. I saw a couple of people, a list of pics on the right of screen, and heard some talking for a couple of minutes, then it crashed.  Might try again next week

I am in on another BBC virtual audience next Tuesday, not sure what time it finishes, but I will try our event if theres time. I will use a different computer for both.

45 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I joined a work Zoom meeting this afternoon with my name still set to "wuvvum", which caused some confusion...

Incognito window, don't open the app, open browser version.  Then you can type in any name you want without upsetting the boss

1 hour ago, bobdisk said:

I will use a different computer for both.

If you use the browser-based Zoom, it doesn't appear to like Internet Explorer. Try a recent version of Chrome or Firefox on Windows 10 or 7. Also, you may need to revise the permissions for your browser to access your camera and microphone. If you want to try a practice session beforehand, let me know. I can set up a Zoom call for you to work through your browers and settings, to see what works best. Downloading the Zoom application is a good call, then use that to join the sessions. It uses fewer system resources than the browser-based approach.

1 minute ago, Mrs6C said:

Internet Explorer

Is not a

1 minute ago, Mrs6C said:

browser

It's a compatibility engine.

The zoom client app is lighter resourcing wise but not very good at updating and isn't recommend by government security types.  Read into that what you will.

11 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

If you use the browser-based Zoom, it doesn't appear to like Internet Explorer. Try a recent version of Chrome or Firefox on Windows 10 or 7. Also, you may need to revise the permissions for your browser to access your camera and microphone. If you want to try a practice session beforehand, let me know. I can set up a Zoom call for you to work through your browers and settings, to see what works best. Downloading the Zoom application is a good call, then use that to join the sessions. It uses fewer system resources than the browser-based approach.

Thanks,  I will do that in the next days. BTW, I have downloaded the Zoom app on different computers, W10, W7, & Linux. Also have WEdge, & Firefox.

• brownnova changed the title to Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesdays. PM brownnova for the link if you don’t have it!
3 hours ago, brownnova said:

Tonight it is!!

Seems to have found its place on a Tuesday now... 

I noticed the title has not been changed in anyway so just double checking the time is it still 8PM?

(anything works for me personally, but figured it would be good to double check anyhow :) )