Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesday PM Mrs6C for details

Six-cylinder

It was good (for the few minutes I was there) 

If having to come off after 40 mins was an issue I do have a zoom pro account (which I purchased for our 2CV virtual meets) and would be happy to use for the purposes of an AS meet up save someone else buying one as well. 

12 minutes ago, inconsistant said:

Sorry folks I connected up, thought I'd quickly put my son to bed and come back but fell asleep with him & woke up hours later. Hopefully will be a bit more sociable next time!

Ah we were wondering 😂

I remember doing that when mine were small, it's really odd waking up at 11pm with no idea where you are 🙈

The Zoom call was great, Chris can pretty much only do Wednesday's but we could always try one on a different night to pick up the folk that can't do Wednesday.  Friday night Northern Powermouse? (To follow The Zoom of dreams) 😜

I can't think of a computer based pun for Midlands Massive but I'm sure someone else can.

20 hours ago, brownnova said:

I know from the 2CV club zoom I hosted it can be tricky to track the admissions unless you keep the participants tab open. 

Yes sorry about the wait some of you suffered. It started well enough with a blue box pinging up when somebody was waiting and a click to let them in. Then the blue boxes stopped and I assumed nobody was waiting, then the panic looking how to find those waiting. We peaked at 19 participants and yes I did have an L plate on my back, you just couldn't see it!

7 hours ago, brownnova said:

It was good (for the few minutes I was there) 

If having to come off after 40 mins was an issue I do have a zoom pro account (which I purchased for our 2CV virtual meets) and would be happy to use for the purposes of an AS meet up save someone else buying one as well. 

As it turns out zoom give me unlimited time as it was my first time hosting and there were no 40 minute issues. Mrs6c thought I had spent money because the participants were told the host had upgraded! The feeling at the end of the evening was it was not the end of the world having to log on every 40 minutes and most simply have a retry button which I can't find. 

Going forward and I am happy to host on a weekly basis, but agree a host with a pro account would be better. As it turns out next Wednesday 24 Feb I am booked onto a Canal based group talking about the Wendover Arm and would be grateful if somebody @brownnova could host that meeting. 

Beyond that I am open, I will host, but if somebody else with a unlimited time membership is available that would be better and I am happy to be the fall back position ongoing.

Both my internet and mobile signals kept dropping out last night, so i only got the gist of what was happening, and saw what you all looked like!

Have loaded Zoom on to both my tablet and laptop, ratger than just having it on my phone. Hopefully by the next one i will have worked out how it operates.

3 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Ah we were wondering 😂

I remember doing that when mine were small, it's really odd waking up at 11pm with no idea where you are 🙈

The Zoom call was great, Chris can pretty much only do Wednesday's but we could always try one on a different night to pick up the folk that can't do Wednesday.  Friday night Northern Powermouse? (To follow The Zoom of dreams) 😜

I can't think of a computer based pun for Midlands Massive but I'm sure someone else can.

PC Blinders of the Black Computray? 

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

As it turns out zoom give me unlimited time as it was my first time hosting and there were no 40 minute issues. Mrs6c thought I had spent money because the participants were told the host had upgraded! The feeling at the end of the evening was it was not the end of the world having to log on every 40 minutes and most simply have a retry button which I can't find. 

Going forward and I am happy to host on a weekly basis, but agree a host with a pro account would be better. As it turns out next Wednesday 24 Feb I am booked onto a Canal based group talking about the Wendover Arm and would be grateful if somebody @brownnova could host that meeting. 

There is an open source version of Zoom that's "free", it needs to be installed on a server but then there's no limits on minutes etc. Might be worth considering?

It would be awesome if we could make a regular (or semi-regular) habit of it. It's a great idea for lockdown, but also just as a way to chill with people that we kinda know but wouldn't normally get to meet. Yesterday I'd spent 10 fairly awful hours shuffling around central London, installing wine coolers in £1.5M flats - you have no idea how much I enjoyed spending (virtual) time with a bunch of $hiters after that.

On 18/02/2021 at 15:15, sgtberbatov said:

PC Blinders of the Black Computray? 

There is an open source version of Zoom that's "free", it needs to be installed on a server but then there's no limits on minutes etc. Might be worth considering?

Jitsi would work, wouldn't it? No installation necessary

26 minutes ago, loserone said:

Jitsi would work, wouldn't it? No installation necessary

Worth a punt really, would negate the need for a server install.

There's also Google Hangouts, which seems to get overlooked a fair bit.