Mini Clubman 1795cc (yes you read that right)

xkjagnz

used to be several allegro/mini combos about in the early 80's.....also a few nice straight cut 5 speed boxes lobbed into 1450cc minis..

Problem with the 1750 into mini is that they usually ended up looking like a 50's USA Gasser, front end all up in there.. think it was to cope with the extra weight, few with coil over conversions too...ah the good old days...

11 hours ago, New POD said:

With slightly oversized piston and offset bored ? With twin stromburgs or a single Su ? 

A few years ago, in a magazine, there was someone that somehow mated a rover v8 block to I think* an O series gearbox. And put it in a mini, (not a clubman)  driving the front wheels. 

*I remember it the oil was shared with the crank and gearbox, but it wasnt an a series gearbox

I also took a picture of a mini with a lotus twin cam driving the front wheels, at a mini show, but i remember thinking, that I'd rather see an A series in an esprit. 

Was it actually a lotus twink or a KAD 16V head? They are superficially similar.

18 hours ago, New POD said:

With slightly oversized piston and offset bored ? With twin stromburgs or a single Su ? 

A few years ago, in a magazine, there was someone that somehow mated a rover v8 block to I think* an O series gearbox. And put it in a mini, (not a clubman)  driving the front wheels. 

*I remember it the oil was shared with the crank and gearbox, but it wasnt an a series gearbox

I also took a picture of a mini with a lotus twin cam driving the front wheels, at a mini show, but i remember thinking, that I'd rather see an A series in an esprit. 

I think I remember that V8 mini, I’m sure he used a princess gearbox! So O series makes sense. He made a bonnet scoop but rejected it for looking too professional, said he wanted the front to look shrink wrapped! Will have to look for the article, was PPC if it’s the same one