Went for a walk.

Bradders59

The wife is in the shielding group so doesnt get much opportunity to leave the house. Ive got a week off work now, so we decided to go for a walk today before the snow arrives.

Just before we got back home she pointed at something shiny at the side of the road and asked me what it was. I picked it up and discovered it was a short 3/8 socket extension bar by Snap On no less.

My halfords short 3/8 extension bar is knackered, so it made my day.

I suppose Im easily pleased.  😃

As a cyclist, I've a few tools I've found by the side of the road.  A nice 10mm spanner being one. 

Really amazing how many bits of broken springs you see these days.  They don't make 'em like they used to for sure.  I often pick them up and chuck them in the scrap metal, largely because the ends look rasor sharp.

Glad it made your day. 

I also, er, have sold a few wheel trims on ebay that I've found at the side of the road.  One was collected rather than being posted, which made me hope that it didn't have any distinguishing marks. 

20 minutes ago, lisbon_road said:

As a cyclist, I've a few tools I've found by the side of the road.  A nice 10mm spanner being one. 

Really amazing how many bits of broken springs you see these days.  They don't make 'em like they used to for sure.  I often pick them up and chuck them in the scrap metal, largely because the ends look rasor sharp.

Glad it made your day. 

I also, er, have sold a few wheel trims on ebay that I've found at the side of the road.  One was collected rather than being posted, which made me hope that it didn't have any distinguishing marks. 

Reminds me of when I was a lad and lost a hubcap off my Mk4 Executive.

A couple of weeks later , I visited a mate and he said “ I’ve got something for you, saw it on a roundabout near Buckingham “ which is about 12 miles from where I live. Sure enough it was the one I’d lost , I recognised the Humbrol touch up on the centre badge.

Thing is I didn’t remember going over that way , recently.

1 hour ago, lisbon_road said:

Glad it made your day. 

I found about 100 right hand gloves in lay-bys. Probably found 3 left hand gloves.

I guess people get of their car and use their dominant hand and remove the glove and leave it!

27 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Recently I found one of those plastic pound coin sized discs for lockers and, more importantly, shopping trolleys. I was pleased!

quite a few places my way state the trollies won't accept them anymore!!!

1 hour ago, lisbon_road said:

I work as a fitter in a port and when I used to cycle in I found a fair array of tools, usually near the roundabouts presumably after falling off wagons. Prize find 16" Snap On Eagle Beak pipe grip type things, not something I use but I bet they weren't half expensive!

2 hours ago, lisbon_road said:

Glad it made your day. 

Remember the days when you used to see a worn out brake pad by the side of the road near a traffic light ?

I've found a few bits and bobs at the roadside; as mentioned often at a tight bend or junction, things fall off the back of wagons or tools left under bonnets make a break for freedom. My best was a long 12mm combi spanner of obscure but seemingly good quality make, most random was a metre length of 1" stainless steel bar.

I sent the remote control for the crane out on the back of a wagon once. Only realised after half an hour. Had to jump in the van and chase him down the m6 whilst everyone else stood around and drank tea. Caught up with him in Cheshire 😳

Ok, it’s not exactly ‘found on a walk’ but a couple of years ago after coming home from work, I emptied my pockets of loose change. Discovered a coin I had never seen before and cursed at whichever shop had short changed me with some foreign worthless coin.

On closer look it was stamped with 1913 and had a George and Dragon which is very English. A quick google later it seems what I could have is a gold sovereign.

I haven’t had it properly checked out, but it does seem extremely heavy for a small coin and worth a couple of hundred quid if it’s genuine. 

EC3F2124-6458-47FA-8A43-BD49D413BAD4.jpeg

61AD4461-1032-400C-89F6-B97940B49B71.jpeg