New Years shite resolutions?

Cavcraft

Really must get the bloody brakes sorted on the Volvo.  Once that's done it'll be mobile and I'll be able to take it to get the weldage and suspension bushes done that it'll need for a test.

Other than that, try to get the Rover of Doom back on the road, and not buy any more modern Renaults.

My plan is to finish the welding on the Minx, then rustproof and waxoil it by spring, then get it out and use it over the summer.

By the time spring comes, the Saab will be looking pretty scruffy, so the plan is to get that into the workshop instead, give it a once-over and rust treatment, followed by new paint if funds allow.

Meanwhile the Renault 5 needs to be fettled in time for my daughter's 17th birthday in November.

That's not too much to take on, is it?

I sold off about two thirds of my model car collection this year. Like a hideous alien that keeps spawning after you kill it, I have already spent about £80 on more shite in miniature since November. The hobby won't be suppressed! This shall continue with aplomb in 2014.

Also, I will try not to condemn another 1:1 scale car like I did this year.

Next year, I think my overall resolution must be to stop buying more shite and fix what I've got. Though I suspect the Sirion will find itself replaced at some point yet to be decided.

Actually, I think my resolution will just be to not buy any more hopeless shite that needs a ton of money spending on it. The Disco was cheap enough that I can live with the fix-up costs (especially if I find myself with actual money to spend), the Sirion is cheap enough to throw away if it makes the MOT tester laugh and the 2CV is a problem I haven't sorted yet. So, if I buy anything, it must be decent and low mileage. Well, ok, still shite, but well looked after.

Guest Tony Hayers

My New Year's Shite Resolution is to get an MG Maestro, now that at long last I have a decent garage, and a reasonably big driveway.

I need to obtain a MG Metro for my collection this year. I want to compare it to the 1.0 City I had about 15 years ago.

And my storage is still too small.

Realistically?

Try and keep the n/a 306 on the road, sell the TD and the ZX and then get a 205 of some sort. I'm not sure how much longer I can go without an early as possible, unspoilt Nova too. 

Oh, and 'just because' I would think I'll probably attempt to save a couple of Corsa Bs too. That's pretty much a banker every year for me now, it's like an addiction. Just a really shit one: I mean, with drugs I'd imagine they can take you to all kinds of different worlds, fully of mad crazy exciting things. But with a Corsa they just take you to shit places like Tesco or Shoezone or work.

Sell the Frontera, get the c5 traded in for a newer estate version, and probably fail to get any further tat. :(

That doesn't sound too good mate, I thought the C5 was too new anyway. What you want to do is trade it in for an older model, something with an X in the name ;)

I don't usually go for resolutions, but in the wake of a rather poor year as far as 2013 goes I'm going to resolve to get a grip on my admin as a military friend of mine would say - organise my time better for work rest and play, including making time for my shite. Get the gearbox on the Zastava swapped out, re-mot and use in the summer. Then enlist the help of fellow enthusiasts to move my Skoda to where the cooling system can be worked over and the underside preserved. 

I was going to opt for do all the above before buying more, but I've failed on that already. LoL.

Merry Xmas all.

To get the SD1 road legal and painted by the summer.

If this does'nt happen, I will probably end up breaking it up, selling off all the good bits and weighing in the rest.

Ruthless? Probably, but it's a good incentive to getting it finished, plus it it does'nt get finished then it means no more old cars for me.