New Years shite resolutions?

Cavcraft

Weld the back end of the MX5 sills, spray the 'spare wings' and spare daisies, and make the radio work.

Investigate more ABOUT building a 1.6 turbo or SC engine, and possibly buy a spare engine, and re lay out shed to build a missile.  Persuade wife to give me ownership of mx5

I'm still not fit after my accident three months ago, when I badly damaged my hand, but I should be able to drive again in the New Year. :)

So:

1 Get self back on the road (practice on Mrs A's car of course;)

2 Get car back on the road; service, MOT, re-tax

3 Persuade my occupational therapist that hand-brake turns will build my thumb up more effectively than messing about with grown-up playdough ;)

and most important, thank all of you on Autoshite for cheering me up when I've been feeling pretty low. (oh I've now done that one early, only three to go :))

I read half this thread before realising it was 4 years old, oh well nothing else to do

my new years resolutions

keep dieting - down over 3 stone already, want another one gone

motor wise - keep my Kia cleaner, I'll also need to sort a new car for my wife at some point, she really want's something different

I think I'd like to own a Suzuki Cappuccino. Or a Triumph 2000 estate. Or a Citroen GS. S'pose I'd better focus on getting the Renault running really, and I'm going to change the 2CV's engine. Before mid-Jan. Hmmm, that's getting close...

Well, I did one of those things! The 2CV did indeed get its engine change. I put the spare one in. The following winter, I put the original one back in, then drove it to Switzerland and back, then that winter put the spare engine back in again, which it has now.

Still haven't owned a Cappuccino (though I do at least own a Japanese three-pot), a Triumph (of any sort) or a Citroen GS. 

Next year, I think my overall resolution must be to stop buying more shite and fix what I've got. Though I suspect the Sirion will find itself replaced at some point yet to be decided.

I don't think 2014 will be a year of great change really.

1/ Spend (more) money on the R4. Mainly cosmetic stuff - bit of paint and some sound deadening. Possibly some new front seats if I can find a nice set from something.

2/ If I buy anything I'd like a decent spec SuperCinq, R19 16v. Failing that and being a bit more practical I could really use a van. New Dacia Dokker would be good but as they aren't importing them as yet...

3/ Tidy a few bits on the SEAT. Bonnet is ridiculously chipped and I need to sort the water leak out.

I've been looking into this myself.

I'll probably start by getting my Class 2*, but I'd eventually like to get my Class 1 licence and do the ADR course, as this would be potentially very useful/lucrative, as the company I work for is always crying out for chemical tanker drivers, as are a lot of other firms in my neck of the woods :)

*I've had a provisional Class 2 for years, but my ambitions of being a truck driver were thwarted in late 2007, after I failed the test no less than six times in a row, due to being on the verge of a breakdown all that year. The final failure took me over the edge...

In no particular order:

1. Get out of this country, or at least this bastard area.

2. Get a better paying job so I can actually save more money to buy yet moar utter shite.

3. Buy that bloody Silver D-reg Sterling.

4. Get the belts on the KV6 done once and for all

5. Get the Micra done and sorted once and for all.

6. Get the other Sterlings and 820E in some sort of rude health (probably not gonna happen)

I'll probably start by getting my Class 2*, but I'd eventually like to get my Class 1 licence and do the ADR course, as this would be potentially very useful/lucrative, as the company I work for is always crying out for chemical tanker drivers, as are a lot of other firms in my neck of the woods :)

*I've had a provisional Class 2 for years, but my ambitions of being a truck driver were thwarted in late 2007, after I failed the test no less than six times in a row, due to being on the verge of a breakdown all that year. The final failure took me over the edge...

Sorry to hear that, but up and at 'em. I keep getting info  that they need people for rural west coast runs of all sorts as they tend not to be the big money spinners. That suits me, but I'd need to be multi functional if yousee what I mean.

First and foremost, I need to do something with escRot. For too long has it sat, for too long have I procrastinated with the parts collection. Next year will see some progress.

Volvo will need MOT in prep for my licence returning to me, if it passes it'll get belts and I'll keep and eye out for a gearbox (M90 if anybody has one) as I've smashed 3rd.
If it fails I'll buy another, and pull the engine for use later... perhaps in escRot if I feel brave enough to stick 200ish horse power in it.

Oldsmobile, needs dragging to its new home and I guess some progess like welding up the roof and bolting in the engine would be a good start. Also, getting the interior and glass out of my cellar would be nice.

I dare say I'll end up buying some more shonk next year at some point too, something doubly grim to to make up for my 12months enforced sabbatical.

sell my xc90 cos its wank, put new head on my e23 728 cos the cams fucked, sell my xr650 cos every cunt wants to steal it. get lambretta back on the road, buy a chopper (not a raleigh one) or a bobber, get nice rims for my new 540. STOP BUYIN SHITE COS I'M GONNA BE A DAD IN JUNE (ivf __ £7000 ___ twats)

sell my xc90 cos its wank, put new head on my e23 728 cos the cams fucked, sell my xr650 cos every cunt wants to steal it. get lambretta back on the road, buy a chopper (not a raleigh one) or a bobber, get nice rims for my new 540. STOP BUYIN SHITE COS I'M GONNA BE A DAD IN JUNE (ivf __ £7000 ___ twats)

My friend say he can't get his XR650 insured unless it was in a garage that was attached to a house. He lives in a city,

Great bike, pal has one with RGV 250 wheels and hot motor which looks a two and eight these days but is lots of fun.

This year I will rid my cortina and smiley transit of all rust.

I will also ride to saturn and win a race on it's very ring riding a Honda stepthrough against Mert Lawhill on a Harley and King Kenny on his TZ.

Would also like to try for my HGV licence, had provisional since 1993 but never bothered doing anything about it, provisional entitlement expires 2017 or some such worryingly close year so time for finger and inner arse to part company.

Also going to take my wife to the Savoy in London for a couple of nights, ok cheapest deal is about a grand or so which we could better spend on something useful/essential but just for once I'm going to say "Sod what it costs we are doing it so there!" as I know its something she'd really like and I'm sick to death of being sensible/boring/tight as a Badger's chuff)