New Years shite resolutions?

Cavcraft

The new year will be bringing me, hopefully, some new chod to smoke around in, probably in the shape of a mk3 Granada estate/Carlton/740 etc etc.Also, not using the escRot everyday might mean I get some real progress made on it (yesterday, I discovered that I've put 11k on it this year :lol: )

• 3 years later...

1. MoT the Marina

2. Fix the Rover Coupe for OMGLOMPG Commutting

3. Paint the purple allegro. Started removing paint as painting it was a present for Mrs the Princess in 2011 so it hasn't really been progressing. That said the car has been owned by us since 2004, was MoTed in 2010 and has done as many miles in our ownership as we have had house moves (4 miles to MoT station and back).

To become slim, fit and healty.To own a SWB Froterror Sport or SWB Landy and actually use it off road.

Three years on it remains pretty much the same

Become slim (wont happen)

Get fit (see above)

Buy SWB Fronty (Not Landy as "Landy Tax" puts it out of my reach)

Use same for a bit of green lane fun

Swap caravan for a slightly bigger one.

On the plus side I now own some cast iron shite in the form of the Cherry.

For me it would be the same as last year, sell a few cars to get the number down to something more manageable. Hopefully this will mean I can keep them all in decent condition.

I said that last year, but I have the same number of cars I did 12 months ago.

On the plus side though I have had 2 of my bucket list cars this year (Storia X4 & Lancia HPE).

As for potentially getting another motor I'm unsure what is next on the cards, it could be anything from a Saab v4  to a Subaru Impreza. There isn't really anything I feel I must have at present, although I do seem to be lacking an automatic and a decent sized estate car.

Get the Leone on the road (finally)

Do a proper rustproofing on the Mazda 6

Drive around in the Pajero when salt is gone

As we (my Mrs. and I) are moving into our first house in summer 2014, funds will be needed for the renovation work and the needed furniture. So buying more old jap cars will not be on the list for 2014 I fear... :-(

As 2014 will also be my 50th, I intend to;

Purchase a 328 or 528 and rape it for its engine and gearbox.

Replace 316 engine and auto box with lovely 6 cylinder manual.

Weigh in the re,mains of my Disco when the Tax runs out after removing engine for......

Purchase a 2 door Range Rover.

Somehow prevent wife buying me a motorcycle she thinks I want for birthday and divert funds to Range Rover.

Put 300tdi in Range Rover.

Park e30 328 and 2 door tdi Rangie in garage with Mrs N's Merc as 3/4of 'Keep forever fleet'

Start looking and saving for 70's Jag or Merc for 2014 purchase for remaining 1/4

Lose at least 5 stone.

Become a nicer person.

Fly to the fuckin moon,well it's as likely as those two.

I don't want to do the whole CBT thing, I get severe claustrophobia when I put a helmet on, you see, even an open face one.  I just think riding a motorbike of any sort would be about as unrealistic as New Year Resolutions get, for me at least.  I love the idea of motorbikes (well, wearing lots of leather at any rate) but I'm just not man enough to handle even the most feeble of two wheelers.  Remember, the last time I got on anything motorised with two wheels I fell off and got my foot stuck in the faring and couldn't turn the stupid thing off.

I don't want to do the whole CBT thing, I get severe claustrophobia when I put a helmet on, you see, even an open face one.  I just think riding a motorbike of any sort would be about as unrealistic as New Year Resolutions get, for me at least.  I love the idea of motorbikes (well, wearing lots of leather at any rate) but I'm just not man enough to handle even the most feeble of two wheelers.  Remember, the last time I got on anything motorised with two wheels I fell off and got my foot stuck in the faring and couldn't turn the stupid thing off.

I wouldn't worry about it, I was a bike instructor who still rides everyday and I'm a borderline retard.