Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

I had a guy who agreed to buy my Imp and collect it on Saturday.

Most of it was on the phone, but I'll try to recount it.

The initial phone call was... interesting, 30 mins of talking about his hernias, Madmax films and other random shit; about 30 seconds talking about the car.

Saturday came and he asked me if I would take credit card as payment as his wife was paying for it, I said no, obviously. He then said he was transferring the money  from the card into his bank account but it was taking ages so can he come tomorrow, I said cool, I'm going out anyway. He texts later to say "he's lifted cash for it now". 

Sunday now, and he messages me when he was meant to come pick it up saying he can't wake his wife up which means she doesn't want to pay for it (thought he had "lifted  cash"), can he leave a compressor as  deposit and collect it next week.

I swiftly told him no and within a couple of hours someone else has agreed to come and collect it.

really hate selling cars.

1 hour ago, derskine said:

The initial phone call was... interesting, 30 mins of talking about his hernias, Madmax films and other random shit; about 30 seconds talking about the car.

Saturday came and he asked me if I would take credit card as payment as his wife was paying for it, I said no, obviously. He then said he was transferring the money  from the card into his bank account but it was taking ages so can he come tomorrow, I said cool, I'm going out anyway. He texts later to say "he's lifted cash for it now". 

Sunday now, and he messages me when he was meant to come pick it up saying he can't wake his wife up which means she doesn't want to pay for it (thought he had "lifted  cash"), can he leave a compressor as  deposit and collect it next week.

I swiftly told him no and within a couple of hours someone else has agreed to come and collect it.

Gotta be honest if I couldn’t wake my wife up the last thing on my mind would be buying a Imp 😂

just love the randomness of “can I leave you a compressor as a deposit?”

what world do these people live in 

5 minutes ago, goosey said:

Gotta be honest if I couldn’t wake my wife up the last thing on my mind would be buying a Imp 😂

I think my wife isn’t breathing, I’ve also just took out £5,000 on a credit card at 29.9% to buy a 50 year old needy classic car. Can you help me?

7 hours ago, goosey said:

The thing is, with the compressor he was expecting me to drop £200 off the final price as well 😅

10 hours ago, derskine said:

8 hours ago, sierraman said:

I think my wife isn’t breathing, I’ve also just took out £5,000 on a credit card at 29.9% to buy a 50 year old needy classic car. Can you help me?

and she just signed the revised will the night before..

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Should have asked him where he "lifted" the cash (and probably the compressor) from.

lifted

•  
  •  
this is when you smoked a few blunts, and you high as hell.
we was blowin so lovely today, im lifted as hell

peugeot tweet 50cc. For  parts  Wheels front and back  engine poor and  starter broke

no front  lamp 

no  battery 

no  mirrors 

no  horn   I will keep it  for A memory 

no register plate 

not box

Good  reliable  bike  to the  last minutes 

I have  A v5  2 keys books still good for A Project or parts

also I have paid aroud  30 pounds in  the garage in Stockton  portrack lane for last diagnosis 

Not sure if I should be worried he wants to keep the horn for a memory, or that it was a good and reliable bike right up until it wasnt.

15 minutes ago, bigfella2 said:

I decided to sell the C3 on gumtree as there wasn't a huge amount of interest on here, and come across this stroker, initial hopes were high as could string atleast two words together, that soon went to shit 

Screenshot_20221004-003952.thumb.png.5b22cd44d85055b1dbd16cadb531efbf.pngScreenshot_20221004-004015.thumb.png.f44cd465e90367308818b2443c01bcbf.png

‘Can I cum and look at the car’

I’d prefer if you just looked at it mate 😅

That looks like a spammer. 

Speaking of pseudonyms, the guy I sold my first Cavalier to had moved it on for a reasonable £1200. The guy who bought it from him was called Sean from Aberdeen.  The car is a tired 226k mile 1.8 single point injection LS model.  Sean fits a new exhaust and then immediately advertises it on Gumtree as (a much more desireable) 2.0 8v and is trying to get an Impreza as a swap. The visual differences between the two engines are very obvious I am not sure how he thought he could get away with that. None of the Cav's other faults which were disclosed by the previous owner in their advert are mentioned. 

His name is also listed on the advert as 'Henry'. 

I made sure I publicly rumbled the cunt on the Cavalier pages and the advert was gone in an hour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Am I the assh*le in this situation? More than happy to be told I’ve got the car selling etiquette wrong. 
a Focus is up for sale on eBay for £800 with a Buy It Now button and Make an Offer button. I message and offer £750 to pick up tomorrow or Sunday. The seller replies he has someone viewing it (only viewing) on Monday so is unwilling to consider my offer until after that. I message back saying I’ll pay the full price so as not to lose the car over a mere £50. The seller replies No.  I’ve not replied yet as im not sure if he’s being a moron or I’m being pushy.  What say you? 

43 minutes ago, Shortos said:

Am I the assh*le in this situation? More than happy to be told I’ve got the car selling etiquette wrong. 
a Focus is up for sale on eBay for £800 with a Buy It Now button and Make an Offer button. I message and offer £750 to pick up tomorrow or Sunday. The seller replies he has someone viewing it (only viewing) on Monday so is unwilling to consider my offer until after that. I message back saying I’ll pay the full price so as not to lose the car over a mere £50. The seller replies No.  I’ve not replied yet as im not sure if he’s being a moron or I’m being pushy.  What say you? 

I don't think either of you are being an "assh*le" in the above situation.

Just to play devil's advocate, look at it from the other potential buyer's perspective. They may have arranged a lift or booked train tickets to come and view the car on Monday. 

They would be put out if they then received a message saying the car has been sold to someone else. Equally, they may not even bother to turn up. 

If anything though, it suggests that the seller is probably quite a decent person to be giving them the benefit of the doubt.