Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

2 hours ago, Low Horatio gearbox said:

Im selling the GFs previous car (finally)

At ten to midnight last night I get a few messages  🤪    I'll wait till 11.50 tonight to reply yes it is available but as per the listing.. no swaps.

Screenshot_20220905-103258_One UI Home.jpg

Clearly nobody is able to form a sentence and speak properly these days. 

Imagine asking someone face to face "swap 2011 Astra" 🤦‍♂️

It surely can't be that difficult to say "would you consider a swap for a 2011 Astra" 

Then that would make him look even less of a numpty if it says no swaps on the advert anyway 🤦‍♂️😆

24 minutes ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

You're selling an e39 M5 for £600?????

What is it cursed? Haunted by a really racist ghost?

When you list a car on market place it asks for “make” and the drop down box gives you the makes. Fine. Then it asks for “model”……… not fine. All the “M” “X” and “i” models. Nothing else. Nothing remotely close to 523i. which is stupid. So the closest one was m5. 🤣

11 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

or in my language…… “off you fuck”

F33A6076-6ECD-4AFA-8A20-0C38133BE3DF.png

I’ve often thought, why waste time with small talk. Next time I go in Morrisons I’ll just load all the weeks shopping on the conveyor and just go ‘£15’. No more, no less. 

That said it’s better than some fucking 4 paragraph long diatribe about me being a wounded ex servicemen persistently plagued by bad luck and how based on that you pretty much ought to give it me. 

14 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

When you list a car on market place it asks for “make” and the drop down box gives you the makes. Fine. Then it asks for “model”……… not fine. All the “M” “X” and “i” models. Nothing else. Nothing remotely close to 523i. which is stupid. So the closest one was m5. 🤣

You can enter a custom model, but from my experience that then enters the listing into approval purgatory and no-one will ever see it.

Selling my Toyota Soarer I really wanted to list it as the UZZ32 that it is, but then found that "Soarer" wasn't even an option. Not wanting to list it as a Supra I went for the custom route - over a week and one unanswered customer service message later it still hadn't been approved.

On the plus side I ended up sticking the car on eBay and it sold within a week to the first person that messaged me about it, so I skipped the bullshit that has filled the last 49 pages.

19 minutes ago, sierraman said:

It’d be £550 over the phone the £250 when he says it’s got something up with it when/if he turns up. I just would not entertain any offers over the phone, it’s a sure sign of a time waster. If he’s serious he’ll ask for a time to view. 

My thoughts exactly. It’ll never happen. And if it did, it’d be like taking it to We buy Any Car, knocks 50 quid off for every scratch! 

I’d like this BMW to an old Sheepdog, she’s given good loyal service for years but now it’s 13 years and the back legs are going. In that situation would you sell it to a tramp down the pub for £5 or would you give it a bullet behind the ear quietly after buying it a Chinese. If It could talk the dog would probably thank you for sparing it going home to some ghastly bedsit with a drunk who stinks of Drum rolling tobacco. I would imagine the BMW, were it not an inanimate object, would feel the same, with that in mind I’d take it out one last blast then kill it off with a burnout.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, Matty said:

No supporting evidence cos I'm shit with phones. I'm currently on email contact with a lad in Glasgow whose interested in buying one of mine. He comes down to Lancashire sporadically and is down next week. This is when I'm away on holiday.

"Can I come weds?"

"No I'm away"

"Is there anyone who can show me the car?"

"No bud. Big family holiday, they're all with me"

"Can I have your address? I can just go round your house and look at the outside of it."

Now I know that 99% of folk are basically not criminals but giving my address to a total stranger so he can come round while I'm away? Aye, alright.

Take heart. A nice fella rang on Friday, drove all the way from Reading after work Saturday, asked a few sensible questions, paid the full asking price by bank transfer and drove it away. 

They do still exist 👍