Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

52 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

aircon.thumb.png.c8ce234a8cce3f8ddb2c5bb5b456942d.png

Look on autotrader at a dealer the same car would be £3000 or more all day long - so forgive me for being firm on the price and not instantly taking £300 less than my requested price Charlie.

And why should you be expected to justify it to him either. See this is the thing, if he came to you and made the offer to your face after looking it over you’d be possibly more open to it. As it stands you know it’ll be another £300 again off when/if he turns up.

My theory is that the £300 TNITE gang are the same people who list absolute scrap for 12 times what its worth or OFFERS I NO WOT DEZE ARE WURF, when they list something they put a batshit price and presumably get bargained down to something sensible if they ever sell it, so they immediately offer as if they are talking to one of their own kind.

No supporting evidence cos I'm shit with phones. I'm currently on email contact with a lad in Glasgow whose interested in buying one of mine. He comes down to Lancashire sporadically and is down next week. This is when I'm away on holiday.

"Can I come weds?"

"No I'm away"

"Is there anyone who can show me the car?"

"No bud. Big family holiday, they're all with me"

"Can I have your address? I can just go round your house and look at the outside of it."

Now I know that 99% of folk are basically not criminals but giving my address to a total stranger so he can come round while I'm away? Aye, alright.

Today it was my turn to inconvenience someone.

Someone saw a photo of the blue Simson I picked up on Tuesday and decided they had to have it. I really didn't want to sell it but the guy just kept chipping away at me until I gave in and agreed a price.

He insisted on sending a deposit and sent £100.

I took the bike out earlier and decided I'd made a mistake agreeing to sell it so messaged the buyer to apologise and say I'd changed my mind.

He gave me a load of grief over the phone saying he was on his way (even though he wasn't due to leave until 1.5 hours later)

He said he'd taken out a loan and had already insured it. He kept phoning me from his mobile and a landline and messaging saying he'd left a deposit and I couldn't go back on it, the bike was his etc.

He wouldn't give me the details to return the deposit to so I offered £200 compensation for the inconvenience which he agreed to then hounded me to send it.

I transferred it and instantly received a call from the RBS fraud department saying his account had been flagged for being involved in fraudulent activity and had to go through a bunch of bullshit in order to approve the transaction.

It would have been less stressful just selling him the bloody thing.

Screenshot_20220805-220301.thumb.png.f621efeed88d74f200a19816767a2517.png

Screenshot_20220805-220322.thumb.png.f9f2d74af74b4846ffdc008b796c6ff0.pngScreenshot_20220805-220340.thumb.png.a4bd722bca1e956634ef86a644ead1ab.png

Screenshot_20220805-220401.thumb.png.ec937635ef2bef511ca21598ed2f36a6.png787584480_Screenshot_20220805-2204242.thumb.png.f727eae33e47b74bf271ee4c7a62e496.png

I know the disappointment of sending a deposit for something and the seller then selling it to someone else. In my case I just asked for my deposit to be returned without causing any drama but this guy has been harassing me over the last couple of days, hassling me to sell him the bike then becoming aggressive when I'd changed my mind.

I thought it was best just to be honest but maybe it would have been easier to lie and make up some excuse like sorry mate it's been nicked or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

His attitude is as if you've kidnapped his dog or something and he's trying to get it back. It is a cool wee bike but how can someone be that desperate to have a particular inanimate object in their life? He sounds a bit unhinged. 

I mean fair enough if you need urgent practical transport and you're in a bit of a pickle...but to say you've taken out a loan for a £1300 bike....I smell shite. Bullshit tactics to make @DodgyBastard feel guilty, when he's been completely honest with him.

Fair play to you for giving him an extra £200. That's pretty bloody generous tbh!  

1 hour ago, Hertz said:

He's probably bought it to sell on and already agreed a sale with someone else so bang goes his profit. I wouldn't have given him £200 either so he's done well anyway.

I love these ‘would be car traders’. Watched a few videos on YouTube then next thing they’re Arnold fucking Clark 

2 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

I definitely wouldn’t have sent 200 extra, returning the deposit fair enough, but that’s as far as it goes for strangers with attitude. 

I know I shouldn't have given the extra compensation but the guy was hassling me relentlessly and I just wanted to get him off my back. I know he was trying all of the tactics to get me to sell it but him having my address and being adamant that he was on his way with his dad and uncle and being reluctant to give me his details to return the deposit I thought a generous amount of compensation might shut him the fuck up.

45 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

I know I shouldn't have given the extra compensation but the guy was hassling me relentlessly and I just wanted to get him off my back. I know he was trying all of the tactics to get me to sell it but him having my address and being adamant that he was on his way with his dad and uncle and being reluctant to give me his details to return the deposit I thought a generous amount of compensation might shut him the fuck up.

do you want to buy some magic beans?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...