Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

You lot crack on with your bank transfers 👍

Don't worry, we will. 

Cash can be fake, it can be miscounted, and it's pretty much untraceable.  Fuck that for anything over £100 or so.  Especially as I'd have to do a 40+ mile round trip to pay it in.

Once you have money in the bank there's an auditable trail, even if someone tries to fraudulently claim it back you can work with your bank and the police to show evidence of a transaction.  Where with cash, there's no chance of anything being sorted.

17 minutes ago, loserone said:

Don't worry, we will. 

Cash can be fake, it can be miscounted, and it's pretty much untraceable.  Fuck that for anything over £100 or so.  Especially as I'd have to do a 40+ mile round trip to pay it in.

Once you have money in the bank there's an auditable trail, even if someone tries to fraudulently claim it back you can work with your bank and the police to show evidence of a transaction.  Where with cash, there's no chance of anything being sorted.

Fair enough it could be fake. How about don't miscount it? Pay it in at the post office? 

If anyone mentions the word fraud, your account is frozen until investigations are complete. Not ideal...

5 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

We'll have to agree to disagree I'm afraid

^^

4 hours ago, petermcpete said:

Jesus christ. The guy prefers cash. Why are people so militant about this?

^^

6 minutes ago, 320touring said:

Alternatively, we could shut up about stuff that has nowt to do with the topic at hand?

Just a thought...

^^ we tried.... 

I must have just been lucky but I've never had a difficult car sale. I probably sell on average every year or two and i have never had a problem. I have had occasional messages trying it on and saying they're planning to buy at the end of the week etc,  but nothing worth noting. I've also only ever sold privately, probably because my cars are not worth a lot.

As a distraction from the fascinating world of online banking fraud, can I add a mildly amusing anecdote about "the most stupid message when BUYING a shitter"?

Many years ago I worked at a large engineering company in Leicester when, on regular visits to the shop floor, I was usually the only person not from India. This is not unusual in Leicester. Many of the guys did not speak much English and some seemingly didn't speak any. So as a friendly bloke in a suit with a decent grasp of English I used to get asked for help with non-work related stuff from the Indian lads. Reading and form-filling and stuff. I didn't mind if I had the time. Anyway...

Indian chap with a particularly thick accent waves a copy of the Leicester Mercury's classifieds at me, pointing at an advert for a Honda Prelude. Leicester's Asians seemed to love Japanese cars and the one advertised seemed OK, on paper, photographed outside a posh house and with a well-written ad. He wants to me ring and ask about the car for him. "Perlood! Good car! What price? Address?" he asks me. I politely correct him; "It's pronounced Prelude, not Perlood" and find a quiet office to call the seller and get the details. All the time mateyboy is gabbling on to his workmates in Urdu about "Perlood, Perlood". So I call the number with the dialling code of a nice, rural market town, and a very well-spoken chap answers. I tell him I am ringing on behalf of a colleague who, having seen the advert, would like to view his car. "Oh yes, I see", he says, "that must be my Honda Perlood"...

3 hours ago, Spurious said:

The app won't install without a screenlock. 

So for someone to get in fraudulently. 

They would need 

My screen lock. My username. My 12 digit password. My 6 digit second passcode. A OTP. 

It's getting into the realms of unlikely. There's easier ways to phish money out of people. 

they'd need the end of my finger. 

4 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Could you guys please put away your wads of cash and your bank details for the rest of the night? Pretty please?

But I haven’t even had a chance to post my mothers maiden name and the first school I went to yet!

7 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

That information store in your head with your PIN number is fuck all use when somebody is hitting you with a 3-foot bar.  By which point, they've already stolen the cash that you had in your inside pocket

The risks of using cash: 

9 hours ago, Spurious said:

My banking app requires a device screen lock and another lock to get into the app.  Can't open the text without unlocking the phone.

Also if you're trying to login through the webpage on a laptop/desktop, it'll send a notification through the app to verify or an automated call where you've to put a pin code in.

It's very very unlikely for anything to happen unless you're a bit thick and got phished and gave someone codes and details.

If your phone has face recognition it’s worth setting it to your cum face.  If someone wants access to your phone at least you get a wank out of it👍

5 hours ago, motorpunk said:

As a distraction from the fascinating world of online banking fraud, can I add a mildly amusing anecdote about "the most stupid message when BUYING a shitter"?

Many years ago I worked at a large engineering company in Leicester when, on regular visits to the shop floor, I was usually the only person not from India. This is not unusual in Leicester. Many of the guys did not speak much English and some seemingly didn't speak any. So as a friendly bloke in a suit with a decent grasp of English I used to get asked for help with non-work related stuff from the Indian lads. Reading and form-filling and stuff. I didn't mind if I had the time. Anyway...

Indian chap with a particularly thick accent waves a copy of the Leicester Mercury's classifieds at me, pointing at an advert for a Honda Prelude. Leicester's Asians seemed to love Japanese cars and the one advertised seemed OK, on paper, photographed outside a posh house and with a well-written ad. He wants to me ring and ask about the car for him. "Perlood! Good car! What price? Address?" he asks me. I politely correct him; "It's pronounced Prelude, not Perlood" and find a quiet office to call the seller and get the details. All the time mateyboy is gabbling on to his workmates in Urdu about "Perlood, Perlood". So I call the number with the dialling code of a nice, rural market town, and a very well-spoken chap answers. I tell him I am ringing on behalf of a colleague who, having seen the advert, would like to view his car. "Oh yes, I see", he says, "that must be my Honda Perlood"...

Bloody hell, trying to think which company that might be. Going to guess SPS Technologies. Formerly TJ Brooks.