Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

4 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Seeing as they’re new and never used, and anywhere between 50-80 quid new off eBay, I thought I might get 20 quid off them instead of launching them in the bin. 20 quid is 20 quid if it saves money on my fuel bill! The second hand stuff either gets binned or given away unless it’s for a classic. But thanks for your concern anyway! 🤣

Fair do's!

3 hours ago, andy18s said:

You just Know when he feks them up trying to put them in the wrong way around,it'll all be your fault for selling him the wrong ones....

Kind of my thinking!

17 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Do I block this guy now?

9B6A1AC4-D8AA-4842-B887-2DD0AE694690.thumb.png.82ecd44f0e37181b85a6f7f0fdb9f9ca.png

or what? Quick look of his Profile, nothing but transits for breaking and a twin axle hobby in the yard. Think I’ll pass THANKS

It's great to see other people also discriminate against potential buyers by looking at their profile.

You just know that the majority of people with foreign looking names are going to start with the best price crap.

13 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

It's great to see other people also discriminate against potential buyers by looking at their profile.

You just know that the majority of people with foreign looking names are going to start with the best price crap.

Worst part of it is he’s got 2 mutual friends with me. 

still blocking this one. 

24 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

The two cars I’ve sold to Eastern European people have been two of the nicest people and most straight forward sales I’ve had.  

‘Foreign looking names’ aren’t the issue, it’s the type of person that makes me not respond - regardless of it their name is John Smith or foreign looking. If their profile is full of dodgy looking items or posts, they get ignored. 

I completely agree with filtering out potential timewasters by their profile/content, not by their name.

5 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

I've sold lots of car parts on Marketplace over the years. Usual timewasters apply but they always go in the end.

My point was more aimed at the fact that Facebook is a daft place to go and buy parts. The sort of cretins that complain about garage parts having a mark up and think "sod that, I'll supply the part myself" and head to Facebook 🤦😀

13 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

The 'cash price' and 'pick up tomorrow' would be the only thing that would put me off Mr Ward.

You can tell straight away he wants to low ball so he can flip it for immediate profit. Those kind of people stand out a mile. If I want to buy something, I look at stuff in budget and go and view it. If you want to keep something, you at least want to check it over before saying you can “pick it up” the next day. I’d rather trade it in than sell to them. 

29 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

The two cars I’ve sold to Eastern European people have been two of the nicest people and most straight forward sales I’ve had.  

‘Foreign looking names’ aren’t the issue, it’s the type of person that makes me not respond - regardless of it their name is John Smith or foreign looking. If their profile is full of dodgy looking items or posts, they get ignored. 

I completely agree with filtering out potential timewasters by their profile/content, not by their name.

Ah fair enough, choose to discriminate by judging the type of person they are rather than their name.

Anyone who thought they were Sherlock fucking Holmes, asking daft questions and doing top detective work would be told to fuck right off.

Aye the first thing I do when I get a message from someone on marketplace is to look on their profile to see if they look hard work and I'll form my responses accordingly. We'll all spend £25 on a bag of cans and a takeaway to feel good, likewise I'm happy to sell something for a bit less to someone who isn't going to be a nuisance and cause me problems.

10 hours ago, cobblers said:

Aye the first thing I do when I get a message from someone on marketplace is to look on their profile to see if they look hard work and I'll form my responses accordingly. We'll all spend £25 on a bag of cans and a takeaway to feel good, likewise I'm happy to sell something for a bit less to someone who isn't going to be a nuisance and cause me problems.

must admit i do too

I was only saying to my dad last night, I’ve had zero interest in my caravan since putting it up for sale. One bloke offered 5k (advertised for 9) at the beginning on facemuppet then this morning some bloke rings….. “how long you had it?” 4 years….. “why you sellin?” Because I need a different layout……. “What’s your best price?” 8 grand mate….. “we’ll all I can offer is 5k…………………. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep………. 

My experiences on some of the above:

I've received a lot of messages from girls like Elizabeth mentioned above - almost without exception they've been the partner of a traveller. I'm assuming the mrs does the 'communicating' as the mr can't write.

Don't ever try to sell a 2003 Subaru Legacy wagon with the low ratio manual box and a year's ticket for £750 on market place. Every traveller in the area will send you messages offering £250 and then calling you a cunt when you tell them you won't sell it for that and they can't come and see it. I had one lad berate me for not negotiating on price over messages as 'it'll only be ragged around fields hare coursing m9, heap of shit'. Like fuck was I giving any of them my address for as much as a fucking viewing. Eventually it sold to a lad who wanted to put the motor in a VW.

I have bought and sold a couple of bits from/to travellers who have settled in a static. They seem to be much easier to deal with, if you go in with the same kind of mentality as a salvage auction. That said, I had a decent Hilux Surf out of a swap a while back. I reckon once they settle then the stigma that travellers have must mean that they have to tread a bit more carefully to avoid having a difficult life with the locals.

I viewed a Volvo V40 in Portsmouth a few years back, it was a Polish lad selling it. I used to have a habit of taking my wallet out of my back pocket and putting it in the door card as I got in a car to drive. I drove the car, it was a bit too fucked for my liking and so I declined to buy it. As I got home, I realised that I didn't have my wallet on me anymore. Ah yes, I'd left it in the door pocket of the Volvo. And it had the money to buy the car in it, something like £800 of cash. Fuck. I got in touch with the lad, he looked in the car and found it, and offered to post it on. From memory I think I told him to sort RMSD postage & time from the cash in the wallet, but the long and the short of it was I got my wallet back with the cash in it. Either way he was decent, and my expectations of not getting my wallet back from some random bloke in the arse end of Portsmouth had been misplaced.

All anecdotal stuff though, but it shapes how you deal with people going forwards...

13 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

My point was more aimed at the fact that Facebook is a daft place to go and buy parts. The sort of cretins that complain about garage parts having a mark up and think "sod that, I'll supply the part myself" and head to Facebook 🤦😀

Vast majority of parts on Facebook are hooky anyway. Like these selling truckloads of Transit engines, where are all these coming from? Most Transits in accidents have had a bash up the front anyway!

If people have to start a conversation about something for sale with “best price m8” or similar, they are obviously not looking in the right budget range. Pisses me off. Don’t waste either persons time. I’m going for straight block next one that does that. 

I think it would be unlikely but amusing if somebody was selling a car for a highly inflated price they wanted on the grounds it will be worth an added 25%  in "a few years", would it be fair to arrive with a lawyer to buy the car for the price he is asking with a contract all legally written up whereas the seller would be required to buy back the car (in exact same condition) at his estimated valuation in a few years? 😁

I braved raising my blood pressure, and dug out the original exchange of messages for your viewing displeasure.

My memory betrays me - I had the car advertised for just over a grand, and I sold it for £750 to the lad who wanted the engine as I saw the chance to deal with a normal human being and took it promptly.

10.thumb.jpg.f237ce52c7f2736833fea6cb26a765fe.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.40125b12ce9ce4517f2d6ee9d70632fd.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.0014885bb86599915d8dd993b491cb98.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.b18826bdc07907bfd3f1f914acbbfed7.jpg

I think that was one of the last cars I sold before I decided that I couldn't be fucked dealing with people anymore. I think after this Subaru I sold a bini on behalf of a family friend, which required repair work on my part and then multiple viewings with all sorts of timewasters, which sealed the deal. I'd have to be fucking desperate for cash to bother liquidating any of the fleet now as they're all sub 1k shitters that will draw all the idiots out of the woodwork.

1 hour ago, big_al_granvia said:

this fred should be titled, today's wankstain twunt's message to dodgy, i now there is a few twunts in scotland the rangers/celtic football shirt makes thm easy to spot but DB seems to be flypaper for them

The main issue is I'm never in a position of desperately needing the car away so I can choose to amuse myself replying to these chancers.

I'm sure everyone else encounters the same amount of these people when selling stuff but might not want to come across as an arrogant tosser on a public forum so they choose not to post their conversations on here.