Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

9 hours ago, alcyonecorporation said:

FIFE

I've recently noticed this phenomenon isn't exclusive to cars, either.

Most people I see on tinder have a town on their profile, but everyone in Fife simply puts Fife as their location.

Somebody needs to write a research paper on the geographical inadequacy of the residents of Fife.

1 hour ago, mitsisigma01 said:

They do the same for that there London, a bit more geographical accuracy would be useful 

Why? Most people are completely ignorant about geography. If you put Hammersmith instead of just London, they’d still be clueless. As for Fife. Unless you’re a golfer , most people would not have a clue about places there.

9 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Why? Most people are completely ignorant about geography. If you put Hammersmith instead of just London, they’d still be clueless. As for Fife. Unless you’re a golfer , most people would not have a clue about places there.

Because London is 2 hours driving from one side to the other. I live on the edge of South London but can get to Dover quicker than I can get to the north half of London, whereas other bits of London are 15 mins away. It’s really frustrating on ebay, autotrader, anywhere that there’s the option to put location as ‘London’. Postcode would at least give you some idea. SE14, NW1 tell you a lot more than ‘London’.

9 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Because although most people may be ignorant about geography some people aren't, and it takes no more effort to put the actual area/town rather than London (or Fife).  As with inconsistant above, albeit the opposite way round, I can get to North London quite quickly/easily but South London is a pain.

3 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I wish there was an angry reaction, because my blood boiled just reading that short dialogue!

What would redcorn pay you? They seem to pay the most and realistically for a few hundred £££ difference I'd sooner weigh it in than have to deal with prats like that

Honestly just running the FB ad until Friday when the car is SORN and I’ll have the log book back with the original plate on, it’ll then get stuck on eBay for £600 starting bid as I can break it and sell the steering wheel and dash trim for £3/400 then weigh the car in worst case 

9 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

What would redcorn pay you? They seem to pay the most and realistically for a few hundred £££ difference I'd sooner weigh it in than have to deal with prats like that

We got £325 for our Bini from Redcorn (I think).  It was a few months back now, but I think JJ will get more on ebay.

16 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Honestly just running the FB ad until Friday when the car is SORN and I’ll have the log book back with the original plate on, it’ll then get stuck on eBay for £600 starting bid as I can break it and sell the steering wheel and dash trim for £3/400 then weigh the car in worst case 

Sounds ideal, I'd just be going with the last option tbh :)

11 minutes ago, Rusty_Rocket said:

We got £325 for our Bini from Redcorn (I think).  It was a few months back now, but I think JJ will get more on ebay.

It's worth more in bits for sure, and yes I'd say definitely go with eBay if you manage to get an easy sale on there as someone will most likely buy it for parts on there. Always found redcorn to be the highest payer but does depend on area

I’ve just stuck it on eBay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204017051556?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=IaiIXmW2Rkq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IaiIXmW2Rkq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That way it can just fetch its price. I had a couple of ropey looking people on FB offer over 6 but they were miles away so I can’t see them being genuine, eBay feels a safer bet!

3 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

I hate people.

Screenshot_20220629-223038.thumb.png.f6c22fd4d4f20b885a22544341626fcf.png

Don't make an offer on a car you haven't seen if you're not just going to turn up, hand over the cash and fuck off.

Agreed 

I’d have more respect if he’d have said “Interested in the car, if I view it and am happy with it, would an offer of £1000 secure it?” As I get people perhaps don’t want to waste yours or their own time if it’s going to be over budget, but to go straight in with the offer always annoys me.

3 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Here we go, £600 starting bid with an option to make an offer too (as in an offer higher, focus being £600 is the STARTING bid)

Matey rolls in with £300 and this message 

41EF8667-5DB1-424D-A2AA-C537CA595AAF.png

The irony of a timewaster on eBay offering to help you avoid the other timewasters on eBay.

Reading this thread makes me glad I've only had four cars in thirty years, the one I've got now, one sold to a friend at work and the other two scrapped at the end of their useful life, wouldn't have the patience to deal with all these idiots when trying to sell a car.

I wonder if the Fife thing is due to people who live in the many villages/towns there that have names that are murdered by none natives, such as Auchtermuchty, Cupar,  Culross, Kirkcaldy, etc. They just stick Fife as you can’t get that wrong. 

2 hours ago, rainagain said:

I wonder if the Fife thing is due to people who live in the many villages/towns there that have names that are murdered by none natives, such as Auchtermuchty, Cupar,  Culross, Kirkcaldy, etc. They just stick Fife as you can’t get that wrong. 

It doesn’t matter if people don’t read the ad anyway. I once got so fed up with people buying a collect only item from me on eBay and then saying they were too far away , I started putting things like “I’m in South of Scotland , about 400 miles from London, 500 or more from Cornwall, at least 50 miles from anywhere you’ve heard of……”

Didn’t work, still they bought first. 

6 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Here we go, £600 starting bid with an option to make an offer too (as in an offer higher, focus being £600 is the STARTING bid)

Matey rolls in with £300 and this message 

41EF8667-5DB1-424D-A2AA-C537CA595AAF.png

I didn't realise it worked like that. I definately would have offered less. 

6 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

It doesn’t matter if people don’t read the ad anyway. I once got so fed up with people buying a collect only item from me on eBay and then saying they were too far away , I started putting things like “I’m in South of Scotland , about 400 miles from London, 500 or more from Cornwall, at least 50 miles from anywhere you’ve heard of……”

Didn’t work, still they bought first. 

Or your ad states “collection only due to size/weight”. Buyers wins it, first message, “can you post this?”