Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

6 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

I feel sorry for him, poor fella just wants to know if your item is like this so he can buy it. He’s been trying to buy things for bloody ages and everyone keeps just telling him to fuck off.

He should change his tactics. Quite considerably. 😂

The only question I asked about my Cav was on the timing belt. Buying something blind from a distance is a gamble. Either accept that, grow a set and take it or find something you can go and see in the metal. 

My rule is never gamble more on a blind purchase than you can afford to lose. You man above is just a dreamer.

41 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Screenshot_20220613-062711.thumb.png.4557422c2e920ab632b293e01aa34fad.png

Boo fucking hoo.

7 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

From car and classic, cunt wanted photos of the service history so sent him that plus a link to photos of every single bit of rust on the car.

Then he comes back with this.

Screenshot_20220612-231222.thumb.png.272ef9eeb4efd763b2dab6640161603d.png

Best price??? Oh do fuck off. I'm not going to begin answering his fucking questions.

Why on earth do people expect a discount for cash. I've to drive to the bank, feel on edge whilst I've 4k in my pocket and then the bank needs to make sure it's not monopoly money.  I'm not a dealer avoiding the taxman. 

Bank transfer all day.

3 hours ago, Spurious said:

Why on earth do people expect a discount for cash. I've to drive to the bank, feel on edge whilst I've 4k in my pocket and then the bank needs to make sure it's not monopoly money.  I'm not a dealer avoiding the taxman. 

Bank transfer all day.

Cash as opposed to what? Coffee Beans? Wheat? Crude Oil? 

Buying cars in GB from NI was a pain in the arse before mobile banking came along. You'd have to inform your bank in advance that you wanted to make a withdrawal in Bank of England notes, not the assorted Nordie selection of First Trust/ Ulster Bank/ Bank of Ireland/ Northern Bank notes that normally pop out of the ATMs here.

See the source image

Once Northern Bank rebranded as Danske Bank after its takeover, that was game over - while you may have managed to persuade a shopkeeper in England to take an Ulster Bank note, having to explain why your fiver isn't actually Danish was a bridge too far.

When I went over to Glasgow in 2008 (to buy a Cortina estate, coincidentally) I had £1,500 in BoE £50 notes in my inside pocket. I felt well dodgy, and also paranoid about somehow losing the envelope full of cash.

I should maybe mention that the car was up for sale at £1,500, but the seller had admitted that 'the pics do flatter it' and 'there's a bit of rust starting', and as such he'd be flexible on price.

But the thought of starting all that 'best price' bollocks before even viewing it never entered my head. Hence bringing the full asking price with me, with the intention of basing any offers on the actual condition.

2197841_FordCortina2.0GLatMinnowburn.jpg.94946c6e01227027a5f9b2f77a60d814.jpg

From the ad pics and the couple of emails we'd exchanged about suitable viewing times, the seller seemed genuine and I was about 80% sure I'd buy it - 100% if it was really as described - so booked a one-way plane ticket and he picked me up in it from the bus station in Sauchiehall St. He admitted that he didn't think I'd actually turn up.

Car drove ok, and there was indeed a bit of scab and bubbling around the lower quarters. The seller volunteered that he'd accept £1,000, and that suited me just fine. Shook on it, counted out the cash, then drove from Cambuslang to Troon without trouble and got the ferry back to Larne.

More recently though, any car purchases have been done by bank transfer. So much easier for everyone, even if there's always that terrifying moment after you've hit 'transfer' but before the seller gets the notification...

52 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Buying cars in GB from NI was a pain in the arse before mobile banking came along. You'd have to inform your bank in advance that you wanted to make a withdrawal in Bank of England notes, not the assorted Nordie selection of First Trust/ Ulster Bank/ Bank of Ireland/ Northern Bank notes that normally pop out of the ATMs here.

When I went over to Glasgow in 2008 (to buy a Cortina estate, coincidentally) I had £1,500 in BoE £50 notes in my inside pocket. I felt well dodgy, and also paranoid about somehow losing the envelope full of cash.

I should maybe mention that the car was up for sale at £1,500, but the seller had admitted that 'the pics do flatter it' and 'there's a bit of rust starting', and as such he'd be flexible on price.

But the thought of starting all that 'best price' bollocks before even viewing it never entered my head. Hence bringing the full asking price with me, with the intention of basing any offers on the actual condition.

From the ad pics and the couple of emails we'd exchanged, the seller seemed genuine and I was about 80% sure I'd buy it - so booked a one-way plane ticket and he picked me up in it from the bus station in Sauchiehall St. He admitted that he really didn't think I'd actually turn up.

Car drove ok, and there was indeed a bit of scab and bubbling around the lower quarters. The seller volunteered that he'd accept £1,000, and that suited me just fine. Shook on it, counted out the cash, then drove from Cambuslang to Troon without trouble and got the ferry back to Larne.

More recently though, any car purchases have been done by bank transfer. So much easier for everyone, even if there's always that terrifying moment after you've hit 'transfer' but before the seller gets the notification...

Or when the payment is referred to the fraud department for further investigation. 🤣

8 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

See the source image

Once Northern Bank rebranded as Danske Bank after its takeover, that was game over - while you may have managed to persuade a shopkeeper in England to take an Ulster Bank note, having to explain why your fiver isn't actually Danish was a bridge too far.

From the ad pics and the couple of emails we'd exchanged about suitable viewing times, the seller seemed genuine and I was about 80% sure I'd buy it - 100% if it was really as described - so booked a one-way plane ticket and he picked me up in it from the bus station in Sauchiehall St. He admitted that he didn't think I'd actually turn up.

Why are First Trust putting Elaine Page on their notes?

3 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Someone on here needs to buy this cortina…… I bet Scott is fed up of these dreamers. Save him the hassle! 🤣

I don't desperately need or want rid of it which is why I'm happy to tell most of the best price brigade to do one. It's currently in the garage having the gearbox changed so maybe after that I'll end up keeping it for a while longer and ruining it some more.

Screenshot_20220616-122642.thumb.png.9565a5b1c0990ab1b85f0e4cdb8e5d22.png

Screenshot_20220616-122710.thumb.png.e9c0e11e3f5e7d48db7450d771e0f166.png

I'm not sure what this guy was expecting to prove by sending me a link to his website.

As it turns out I'd dealt with them before selling my 244 to them which they flipped the next week for a tidy profit after writing a lengthy description full of lies and photographing it at a posh house that they don't actually own but use it for staging their adverts.

Funnily enough once the guy figured out I knew who he was he lost all interest in the car.

38 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

There is only one person wasting time here. What a lot of drivel. I hope you tell him to sod off and buy one of the 'cheaper' ones he claims to be able to find.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403680166243?hash=item5dfd368163:g:pHwAAOSw25NiaWLX

He's welcome to go and buy a left hand drive saloon for £4k.

Or a "barn find" estate for £3350.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-Ford-Cortina-Crusader-1-6-Petrol-Manual-Estate-RARE-CLASSIC-BARN-FIND-/155010010847?hash=item2417510edf%3Ag%3AzmQAAOSwm3tiO4q7&nma=true&si=VMBCHgaAvKiHYIaT1psfywcsGtM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

5 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

There is only one person wasting time here. What a lot of drivel. I hope you tell him to sod off and buy one of the 'cheaper' ones he claims to be able to find.

'That is a lower price than my car mr. customer, so why have you not gone to buy that one? That sounds like it would be more suitable if you're buying on price.'

'Oh, well it's not the colour/spec/mileage/age etc. I want'

'Ah, I see, so mr. customer what you're telling me is that my car is more desirable than the lower priced car?'

😅

22 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Screenshot_20220616-122642.thumb.png.9565a5b1c0990ab1b85f0e4cdb8e5d22.png

Screenshot_20220616-122710.thumb.png.e9c0e11e3f5e7d48db7450d771e0f166.png

I'm not sure what this guy was expecting to prove by sending me a link to his website.

As it turns out I'd dealt with them before selling my 244 to them which they flipped the next week for a tidy profit after writing a lengthy description full of lies and photographing it at a posh house that they don't actually own but use it for staging their adverts.

Funnily enough once the guy figured out I knew who he was he lost all interest in the car.

How bizarre. What kind of dealer is wasting their time buying drivel like this to flip by trauling Marketplace? I’m sure it’s a fine car but it’s hardly hugely desirable is it?

Giving you the spiel about how he wants it for a daily driver too - what motor trader isn’t absolutely bursting with shit old part exchanges they can run around in??