Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

19 hours ago, St.Jude said:

I have this after market cat from my Peugeot 107 taking up room in storage. I know full well it’s after market, it’s obvious its after market. It makes the car run like shite so it came off in exchange for a £60 genuine one I got off eBay years ago.

I’m asking for a rough price. I got given a rough one years ago of £5, so I know it’s not worth a fat lot. But even £10 is two pints of lager, so why not?

851FD3F2-BE96-4CDE-AD65-25BF16E22121.thumb.png.f40d2f9d87c56da0a1cbb94db5598867.png

Personally, the one offering £180 is smoking something that Podge has sold him. Although I’m half tempted to sell the genuine one I’ve got if it’s worth that, but I also know that down the line if the car needs a cat in the future I’m not going to have £600 to buy one!

I mean, just give a fucking answer. Where does “any idea of a rough price for this?” Invite being told “aftermarket”. What currency is that?

It’s just scrap dealers and professional cat buyers in that group. They literally have zero interest in aftermarket cats, they can’t get anything weighing them in hence why he’s dismissed as “aftermarket”.

Another bloke on the Rover 600 group on fb has had his cat stolen, these genuine ones are worth big bucks now. The one on my 600 is worth about what I paid for the car, so I’ve been told!

23 minutes ago, Angrydicky said:

It’s just scrap dealers and professional cat buyers in that group. They literally have zero interest in aftermarket cats, they can’t get anything weighing them in hence why he’s dismissed as “aftermarket”.

Another bloke on the Rover 600 group on fb has had his cat stolen, these genuine ones are worth big bucks now. The one on my 600 is worth about what I paid for the car, so I’ve been told!

Well the cat from the MG ZR was £117 in January, which is a third of what I paid for the car. So can we’ll believe the 600 cat price

Funny that - buying and selling cars for thirty years, so at what point did George decide to stop simply making an offer of what he was prepared to pay for a given car, and start giving it all the "best price" bollocks?

I swear, I'd never heard this until about fifteen years ago - buyers expecting the sellers to chip their own asking price. The seller's already stated their preferred price in the ad.

Go and view the car. Make what you believe to be a reasonable offer. It's then up to the seller to accept, or make a counter-offer. Then shake on a price, or walk away. It really is that simple.

Whereas trying to force the seller to admit they've overpriced their car via text message just makes everyone concerned look like a cunt.

I mean, the whole selling shitshow is bad enough, but is there any particular reason he blurted out he has coke zero? 😂

I kinda get his point in a round about tbf (even though he is making a total cunt of himself and could have been avoided if he'd just tried not to be a chippy cunt hoping you'd say 4k, where he'd try and chip you even further from no matter what). His mate has seen the car, he has pics, 4.5k is still a lot to throw at a car you haven't seen in person yourself regardless, to then have the seller say 5k now on said car is still a bit if a 'woah hold on' moment. Even though it's totally deserved for just not taking the asking price as the....y'know, asking price 🤦🏻‍♂️.

If the guy was serious though, all he had to do was make a genuine offer from the outset instead of going for the chipping. If he trusts his mate, likes what he sees in the pics and has the cash, there's no harm in making a good ballpark offer. If he needs more info before making an offer, go see it himself. He has even said himself the initial asking price is something someone would pay, fact he bailed kinda suggests even IF you agreed on a price under asking, he's the sort that would try to chip yet again on payment/collection and has just realised it's not going to happen.

More hassle that its worth,

Anyone want to.buy an industrial spec 1000 psi pressure washer ?  Fully enclosed. We have 3. One new. Unused. Current new price is £22k. The others are on the books at £9k 

Second hand retail value £7k. 

Had an offer of £1500, each from a company that buys industrial equipment. 

Could be modified to add "media" to remove paint and rust. 

Shall I post them on eBay for a laugh. 

4 hours ago, Mrcento said:

I mean, the whole selling shitshow is bad enough, but is there any particular reason he blurted out he has coke zero? 😂

I kinda get his point in a round about tbf (even though he is making a total cunt of himself and could have been avoided if he'd just tried not to be a chippy cunt hoping you'd say 4k, where he'd try and chip you even further from no matter what). His mate has seen the car, he has pics, 4.5k is still a lot to throw at a car you haven't seen in person yourself regardless, to then have the seller say 5k now on said car is still a bit if a 'woah hold on' moment. Even though it's totally deserved for just not taking the asking price as the....y'know, asking price 🤦🏻‍♂️.

If the guy was serious though, all he had to do was make a genuine offer from the outset instead of going for the chipping. If he trusts his mate, likes what he sees in the pics and has the cash, there's no harm in making a good ballpark offer. If he needs more info before making an offer, go see it himself. He has even said himself the initial asking price is something someone would pay, fact he bailed kinda suggests even IF you agreed on a price under asking, he's the sort that would try to chip yet again on payment/collection and has just realised it's not going to happen.

I'm happy enough to negotiate on the price when someone is standing in front of me with the means to pay and take the car away but as soon as the buyer hits me with this best price nonsense the deal is off.

2 hours ago, sierraman said:

I don’t understand were the wings rusty or is he saying he wants it cheap in case he has to do them in the future? I might try that later in Morrisons with some chicken, see if they’d do it me for half price in case I don’t eat it and have to chuck it in the bin. 

You have to watch for those Morrison's chicken wings going rusty

12 hours ago, Mrcento said:

I know you mention this in your 3rd paragraph but I think if he was really serious enough then surely he'd just view the car himself and do the deal or at least make arrangements there and then. Getting a friend to see it first just wastes their time and shows he's not really that interested in it

7 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

I'm happy enough to negotiate on the price when someone is standing in front of me with the means to pay and take the car away but as soon as the buyer hits me with this best price nonsense the deal is off.

Yup. Just going on a hypothetical one though, the guys mate has seen the car, given it a good word, has sent pics, the guy likes what he sees but hasn't seen the car himself, if he was still happy enough with what he'd seen and heard, and a serious buyer, no harm in him coming in and asking if you'd take 4k for it and moving forward from there. (which you can easily just put back as no, 4.5k firm) and take it from there, either agree, or come see it himself and probably end up paying the asking price or near as dammit.

If anyone goes best price after the lengths his mate had gone to, then he's just on a chipping mission and really deserves the fuck off. Telling him 5, again, if he was serious, he could easily have came back saying he was looking more at 4 etc, but happy to come look at it etc etc. He didn't, he bailed. Which showed his intention was a lower point to chip from.

If it's priced at 4.5k and you say you'd take 4, he'd say 3.5k.  If you for some reason agreed at 3750, he'd come 'to look' and try and chip 3750 down further etc. Can smell those cunts a mile off.

4 hours ago, Mrcento said:

Yup. Just going on a hypothetical one though, the guys mate has seen the car, given it a good word, has sent pics, the guy likes what he sees but hasn't seen the car himself, if he was still happy enough with what he'd seen and heard, and a serious buyer, no harm in him coming in and asking if you'd take 4k for it and moving forward from there. (which you can easily just put back as no, 4.5k firm) and take it from there, either agree, or come see it himself and probably end up paying the asking price or near as dammit.

If anyone goes best price after the lengths his mate had gone to, then he's just on a chipping mission and really deserves the fuck off. Telling him 5, again, if he was serious, he could easily have came back saying he was looking more at 4 etc, but happy to come look at it etc etc. He didn't, he bailed. Which showed his intention was a lower point to chip from.

If it's priced at 4.5k and you say you'd take 4, he'd say 3.5k.  If you for some reason agreed at 3750, he'd come 'to look' and try and chip 3750 down further etc. Can smell those cunts a mile off.

You've hit the nail on the head there. 

My friend messaged me after I posted the screenshots on FB and the guy is quite well known in Ford circles as a time waster who wants everything for nothing. I just wish he could have asked my best price from the start so I could end the conversation without having hours of my time wasted by his mate.

His mate did comment on what a straight car it was and how surprised he was with how clean it is underneath. 

I've sold enough cars online to know when it's best to just stop contact with these twats.

Thing is, Jay is wrong anyway, which makes him look like more of a tit! Tax exemption is indeed 40 years as DB said, except from it goes January to January, so it may mean it has to wait a few months between it turning 40 years old and when tax is no longer payable. But it's not 41 years in any case! He's just a complete smartass melon who clearly lives in a basement scouring gumtree looking for ways to be as pedantic as possible! 

Yesterday I had a call from a Polish number for my e240, usual what’s the lowest you’ll take bollocks. Told him I’m not dropping. He accepts that and hangs up.

Five minutes later a very uncertain man  on a different English number, asks about the car, obviously no idea what he’s phoning and presumably a mate of the previous caller. Asks if I’d take a lower price, I say yes whatever you like . He says he’ll have to call me back.

One minute later the first guy calls back and says he’ll give me £500 - it’s up for £1000. I tell him I would have taken that but I’ve just sold it.  My wife says I’m a cunt and it’s as if I don’t want to sell the car- she’s probably right on both counts.