Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

image.png.5dad32ad6f8d6def9dfa2685d5f27b93.png

I had the same when selling a dishwasher on there!

Considering it was 6 months old and £50, I can’t believe how many people tried to haggle me down to £40.  I must have had 6 or 7 messages with one person, it went quiet for a bit and he replied later with “I bought a new one”

I bet that cost you more than £50!

It seems to be a regular Facebook thing. I have been sticking a lot of stuff on marketplace in the last few weeks. I have had that message so many times on the most random items. 

I know it's a scam, but would love to have seen the FedEx courier try to go off with a baby grand piano under his arm

Currently getting repeated messages of an utter balloon on ebay over a new VAG alloy with brand new tyre Im flogging - Ive got it up for £120, but will accept £100.

He wants it for £80 because

a) He doesnt want the tyre

b) He has to travel to pick it up and its going to use fuel.

Ive lost count of how many times Ive politely told him to fuck off its not happening, and to get himself round the scrappers and look for a matching alloy.

His last response was how he was doing ME a favour getting it out of the way!!

9 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Currently getting repeated messages of an utter balloon on ebay over a new VAG alloy with brand new tyre Im flogging - Ive got it up for £120, but will accept £100.

b) He has to travel to pick it up and its going to use fuel.

Ive lost count of how many times Ive politely told him to fuck off its not happening, and to get himself round the scrappers and look for a matching alloy.

"I am selling a tyre with a wheel attached.

If you would like a wheel with a tyre attached, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere."

Sometimes it’s funny to put boot on other foot and see how much a seller will bullshit. Case in point Mondeo ST 2.2 diesel local to me, quite fancied one, quick message to effect of any warning lights or DMF noise... reply was ‘goes into limp home if you boot it and the tensioner is rattling’. Verdict: It’s fucked mate the injectors are bollocksed and the flywheel is singing, weigh the cunt in. 

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Sometimes it’s funny to put boot on other foot and see how much a seller will bullshit. Case in point Mondeo ST 2.2 diesel local to me, quite fancied one, quick message to effect of any warning lights or DMF noise... reply was ‘goes into limp home if you boot it and the tensioner is rattling’. Verdict: It’s fucked mate the injectors are bollocksed and the flywheel is singing, weigh the cunt in. 

"but never bothered me as I haven't had the time to fix it and it's passed its MOT like that"

8 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I knew it, they're all the same 😂

For a hat-trick - was it on Facebook?

No. Bumtree, probably is on marketplace though elsewhere. Probably wasn’t a bad buy if you could be arsed to decoke the turbot but it’s not worth the chance it’s the injectors/pump on their way out. But anyway the engine cutting out every day hasn’t bothered him. 

B) He has to travel to pick it up and its going to use fuel.
Have you a pic or link? I've somehow managed to lose one of my 16" seat leon alloys, looking for one the same to put onto my caddy.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Some from today...

Screenshot_20220514-232742.thumb.png.15062d6574c649d26337f1f159d44456.pngScreenshot_20220514-232946.thumb.png.5dd534941548a618c50c20393082cfe6.png

it's actually really solid underneath but like this cunt I'm unwilling to go out of my way to take photos. I might send him a photo of a pile of shit..

Screenshot_20220514-232833-669.thumb.png.d16c0bbe1ff636f663eddc62bb92ff31.png

Screenshot_20220514-232859-726.thumb.png.3093027e7120a8effb3e125e1551f696.png

Screenshot_20220514-232913.thumb.png.92e6789df03cf77db69c7f70b402b7a5.png

This cunt was never going to buy it.

Screenshot_20220514-233116.thumb.png.7334546e7923affdee95463cec3d8633.png

No fucking chance.

I love telling these cunts to piss off.

42 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Put a brand new motorcycle helmet on eBay for £130, had an offer of £115 which I accepted. He then said he couldn’t pay for a week until payday so I cancelled his order and just said if it was available still when he has the money, he’s welcome to it. 

1FCE0486-BFC0-42C1-BEB8-3868460FF7FF.jpeg

C89F8E27-B553-443E-8502-3455954AF6DD.jpeg

Really?  He tried to knock you down by a quid??

8 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Really?  He tried to knock you down by a quid??

I'm convinced that sort of behaviour is an ego thing, they want to win the deal even if it means saving £1. No other reason for it that I can think of!

It's like advertising a car for £1250 and someone offering £1200. Why? What does it achieve, is it really worth the risk of losing it and wasting your time over £50? 

Strange behaviour, that's all I can say