Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

On 21/03/2022 at 21:58, motorpunk said:

Have you ever had a press car from a manufacturer? I think I did a pair of rears on an XJ-R in a fortnight. Happy days. 😁

No but I've rented a hire car using a corporate credit card/borrowed the works pool car.

Manager once took me aside, and asked me to stop handbraking it into the parking space.  I mean I was first into car park. The tarmac had a film of loose gravel on top, what's a man to do. Apparently seen by someone in the HQ building 200 yards away. 

Just now, Jikovron said:

Yeah that would have worked, so far I'm 50 messages in and almost all off them are crying about it being a pre cat car.

If I were you then I'd tell them to have a wee sook of the exhaust. Honestly you might be able to sell it to the "scene, innit" types by telling 'em it's got a factory fitted de-cat. :D

4 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Screenshot_20220405-203413.thumb.png.4a559ac3f1c61d2e29e609c31641d5ed.png

The boy must have got you confused  Cazoo. And that other dweeb expecting a ton outta a trail 125. I had a Honda fmx 650 that would struggle to hit 85. 

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

What’s he need to do 100 on it for? 

Because.... just because.....

Although I never felt safe on my RD350LC above 95 mph. 

I think because I managed to seize the engine at 95 and the memories of attempting to stay upright were always in the back of my mind. 

You just know that Lewis hasn't even got 2000 pennies to his name and if you were stupid enough to take it to him he'd either find a microscopic paint flaw and angrily reject it, refusing to pay for the petrol as it's NOT AS DESCRIBLED BLUD or more likely he would give you the address of the KFC car park on the edge of his estate then 100% blank you, block on Facebook and turn phone off to make sure he doesn't have to go through with his pathetic fantasy of buying a vehicle in real life

My brothers currently looking for an automatic van for his gardening business. I spotted a VW caddy marked as an automatic on Facebook marketplace tonight. I always double check as the gearbox spec is just a ticky box and loads of folk wrongly advertise a manual as auto… the conversation went well. I’ve given up none the wiser …

727443CA-6415-4F57-9C19-633AF83F6FE4.png

B2475855-EA2D-47B9-AD02-21F4EBF3833F.png

65A2B6F0-1FC4-472C-879F-0BAAD91B5EDA.png

1 hour ago, Dave_Q said:

You just know that Lewis hasn't even got 2000 pennies to his name and if you were stupid enough to take it to him he'd either find a microscopic paint flaw and angrily reject it, refusing to pay for the petrol as it's NOT AS DESCRIBLED BLUD or more likely he would give you the address of the KFC car park on the edge of his estate then 100% blank you, block on Facebook and turn phone off to make sure he doesn't have to go through with his pathetic fantasy of buying a vehicle in real life

Yeah, that's why I didn't entertain any of his pish. 

1 hour ago, DodgyBastard said:

Screenshot_20220405-203401.thumb.png.b2fa3927f2344834eddcbd721a60b48a.png

Screenshot_20220405-203413.thumb.png.4a559ac3f1c61d2e29e609c31641d5ed.png

This one annoyed me, made an offer before he could make arrangements to pick it up then when I offered to drop it off if he viewed if beforehand he wanted me to bring it to him first and if he didn't want it he'd give me some fuel money.

Most likely he'd nick it from you when you turned up.  Some people will do ANYTHING to nick bikes.

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

My brothers currently looking for an automatic van for his gardening business. I spotted a VW caddy marked as an automatic on Facebook marketplace tonight. I always double check as the gearbox spec is just a ticky box and loads of folk wrongly advertise a manual as auto… the conversation went well. I’ve given up none the wiser …

727443CA-6415-4F57-9C19-633AF83F6FE4.png

B2475855-EA2D-47B9-AD02-21F4EBF3833F.png

65A2B6F0-1FC4-472C-879F-0BAAD91B5EDA.png

If you're still wondering, it's a manual. That generation of Caddy was available with a 5 speed manual, a 6 speed manual, a 6 speed automatic, or a 7 speed automatic.

29 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

As a vehicle yes, as a prospect for chopping the cats off to weigh in, no.

I had about 5-6 guys message me asking if the cat was still on the now @2MB Primera when selling it. Usually followed with a message of 300 tonight. Or some other cheeky figure. 

13 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

What is it about Marketplace and Gumtree that attracts these kinds of people?

I'd genuinely like to know this.

The only thing I can think of is that it's a free publicly available resource to allow them to look at other people's cars who also happen to want to sell them, cue a 5 second pang of wanting it and sending a message before realising they don't have the money/facility/circumstances/intelligence to buy it results in some of the ridiculous conversations as above