Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

15 minutes ago, artdjones said:

Yes,that's why being sent a valuation showing it was worth less than a thousand in the UK was so stupid. In Spain it would have been worth double the asking price.

You could have downloaded some ads from Spain, such as this one, to show what a bargain yours was. €3,285

https://www.milanuncios.com/fiat-de-segunda-mano/fiat-doblo-411720146.htm

And yes, doing so would of course be equally irrelevant.

On 21/06/2021 at 18:03, sierraman said:

Argh another sob story. When someone looks back in 20-30 years and goes ‘What were attitudes like in the 2020’s?’ You will be able to encapsulate it all in one fucking phrase...  ‘Let me make my problem yours’

^^This^^.

Abso-fucking-lutely this. 

Back to the wheels. If I was serious but not sure when I could collect, I'd offer to at least send you a deposit.

Bought me a banger not so long back that had been on Faecebook for less than an hour.. Someone put up a car for a grand and it was a good price. I agreed with the seller that I'd buy it at the asking, but couldn't collect until the following Saturday.

Would she accept £100 as a deposit? Yes? Thanks

When I went to collect, apparently she'd been inundated by people who were offering her at least £200 more and one could even collect in the next hour, but because I'd put a deposit down, she'd honoured it.

Fucking about with "Yeah, I might take it, but not sure when I can collect".  If Someone comes up with the reddies, it's theirs.

I actually sold the lad his first car in 2013.

When he was 8 years old.

HIs dad was like: "he has everything else, computers, bikes etc so why not buy him a car to play with?"

clearly he's used to having everything handed to him and started crying because he didn't get his own way.

1 hour ago, TheOtherStu said:

Back to the wheels. If I was serious but not sure when I could collect, I'd offer to at least send you a deposit.

Bought me a banger not so long back that had been on Faecebook for less than an hour.. Someone put up a car for a grand and it was a good price. I agreed with the seller that I'd buy it at the asking, but couldn't collect until the following Saturday.

Would she accept £100 as a deposit? Yes? Thanks

When I went to collect, apparently she'd been inundated by people who were offering her at least £200 more and one could even collect in the next hour, but because I'd put a deposit down, she'd honoured it.

Fucking about with "Yeah, I might take it, but not sure when I can collect".  If Someone comes up with the reddies, it's theirs.

On cheap cars I just pay for them upfront over the phone using BACS.  The wheel guy could have done that..  

1 minute ago, sierraman said:

Is this the format then now, before you’ve turned up to look at the car do a pitch basically explaining about your circumstances and why you are entitled to a discount. If you’ve no money to buy a car that’s nobodies problem but your own.

It's probably a cut and paste job they use regularly.

It's probably a cut and paste job they use regularly.☠

The same shit on this thread is true for vacuum cleaners! I've had my v11 listed for 2 days and just had the 9th 'what's your best price m9', 'is there a bin' 'could I collect today for £150' message, despite the starting bid being low and a buy it now on the ad

Scumbags, scumbags everywhere! 

49 minutes ago, louiepj said:

So your not selling a Renault Clio with 400 alloys fitted?

9 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

No it only has 398 as 2 were pinched 😂

Come on lads can't you two read the adverts properly.

Clearly selling a clio with rover 400 alloys on it. I'll give you £75 and take it off yer aaands. Doing you a favour like.

Maybe come and pay for it Saturday, got to ask my Dad first though.

2 minutes ago, Agila said:

Come on lads can't you two read the adverts properly.

Clearly selling a clio with rover 400 alloys on it. I'll give you £75 and take it off yer aaands. Doing you a favour like.

Maybe come and pay for it Saturday, got to ask my Dad first though.

Aaaah I see. Silly me 😂 I must go to Barnard Castle for an eye test then I hear the opticians there come highly recommended, but I'll have to ask my dad for a lift though 🤣🤣🤣

On 29/07/2021 at 09:27, Rod/b said:

They need to start teaching the old adage “beggars can’t be choosers” in school. 

Schools now teach that everyone gets an award for participation, no matter how well you do. Wouldn't want to teach people that life is unfair and there will always be people better/faster/stronger/cleverer than you would we?

44 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Schools now teach that everyone gets an award for participation, no matter how well you do. Wouldn't want to teach people that life is unfair and there will always be people better/faster/stronger/cleverer than you would we?

It was the other way at our school, if you had more than two brain cells then you were forced pointlessly to learn German or French. If you couldn’t string a sentence together you got to do Motorcycle Maintenance or Bricklaying. I’d have been much happier laying bricks than wasting my life learning French, which as it turns out has been no use to me whatsoever.

I maintain about raising my own children that so long as they’ve tried their best I’m satisfied. If you’ve the will to work, can stand up for yourself and have a built up resilience you won’t go far wrong. 

I've had so many in just the past hour, after I stuck the RAV4 on Faceache.

One bellend asks for my number, which I give him, and he does the typical thing that a subset of society does and goes "it £400 yeah?". Repeatedly. Ended up saying "look it's £500, don't bother your arse coming if you can't afford it". Says he'll speak to his mate. Texts me saying £400 and he'll take it today. I'll give it to a shiter for £400, but not some prick who can't tell the difference between £400 and £500.

This one though was a particular delight.

Screenshot_20210808-171432-790.thumb.png.8a7d8f2119deb769f94c60043b424b70.png

Ernest my hole.

1 hour ago, St.Jude said:

Sorry, just seen this delight on Gumtree.

Screenshot_20210808-172439-003.thumb.png.d134ee7947bd6f2cefc953e16358ab7d.png

Bare in mind, the adverts all say "£500 is the best price, last price, and only price"

That's like Harry and Paul with "I Saw You Coming"

"Well you've offered me £350 and the ad was £500, and as I saw you coming I'll give you a special price of £600."