Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

9 hours ago, MOD500 said:

I had the travel sob story once when I was selling a bicycle. The guy seemed happy about the bike, but the fact that he had paid for a return train fare to come to my house had become an issue that I had to resolve. He was told that the price remained the same whether he bought it or not, so he phoned a friend before handing over the money. It must have been a tough day for him.

Argh another sob story. When someone looks back in 20-30 years and goes ‘What were attitudes like in the 2020’s?’ You will be able to encapsulate it all in one fucking phrase...  ‘Let me make my problem yours’

On 6/19/2021 at 9:43 AM, Dave_Q said:

You can use it to weed out overly optimistic sellers though "no offers m8" combined with high price suggests they think their reject from the Just Scrap It thread is the crown jewels and there is no point talking to them.

Thing is though, I'm one of those who prices stuff correctly (arguably, slightly under value) but say that it's a fixed price.

That way, everyone knows what they're getting.

In the same way, I bought a car a few weeks back for exactly what the lady was asking for it. She and I both knew that the car was well priced and it had barely been up for an hour.

Quite honestly, it's a bit pointless haggling for a car that's a grand or less, surely?

Weather buying or selling I love to haggle over a car, always face to face, for me it's the most fun part. 

As for the best price mutants on FB I have little time, I did sell an A3 towards the end of last year, I think I had it up for £950 or a Grand, lad messages, bit of preamble, my cars been written off need a run about blah, blah, blah what's your best price?

Since he'd put in a bit more effort I responded £850, but that's it, he said fine, but I can't get there until 21:00 ish, fine. He shows up, pitch dark, pouring rain, uses my Inspection light and walks round the car, says "sound" and hands over the cash. Easy. 

I did receive a speeding ticket for him a week or so later, but that's a different matter. 

37 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Ah yes... the 'line-of-sight guarantee'.

When I had my classic car workshop, I always offered a 50-50 warranty. When asked if that meant we would pay half the repair costs, I would explain it was 50 yards or 50 seconds, whichever came first.

• 2 weeks later...

I am bridging my 206cc on the 21st, phoned local scrappers, some were laughable derisory offers, best price was furthest one,but probably biggest, Tottenham to Horsham. Redcorn Ltd. They reckon they are collecting 400 motors a DAY!! If anyone wants to offer over £265 and collect it before the 21st of July it can be yours. 

No mot, my local mechanic has failed to finish what he started, possibly not needing much, oil leak from top of engine, rear exhaust box, had new track rod ends and ball joints, I think mech said it needed one other link/joint/mount... Roof fully working, drives ok , aircon was cold when last used two years ago, leather interior, dry but not badly cracked, tyres were good when last looked at..... 

On 6/19/2021 at 11:07 PM, Hogie said:

The buy and sell Id imagine, no photos but every single car advert with the words "Mint Condition" written at some point.  

I can remember going to view a Honda Accord described as such......thankfully we didnt travel far to see it as there wasnt  a straight panel on the car. 

Ah the Buy and Sell. Wednesday and Saturdays well spent looking at the small print with a biro circling the interesting cars. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Resisting major urges of telling this cunt to fuck off.

His son commented on a post on Facebook saying he might buy a set of wheels from me today or tomorrow but someone else I know messaged to say he'd definitely collect them today and made arrangements so I sold them to him.

Son decides this afternoon that he does want them and can collect tonight but they are already sold.

Dad messages with this.

Screenshot_20210726-200638-211.png

4 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

His son commented on a post on Facebook saying he might buy a set of wheels from me today or tomorrow but someone else I know messaged to say he'd definitely collect them today and made arrangements so I sold them to him.

Son decides this afternoon that he does want them and can collect tonight but they are already sold.

Dad messages with this.

"I've hardly spunked in your mouth. It's buying some cunting fucking wheels. Grow some bollox and either buy them or don't. Somebody with some bollox and more importantly some fucking cash turned up and got them. Next time do the same. 

*I'd personally recommend Listerine for the bad taste"

Harsh response?

3 minutes ago, Agila said:

"I've hardly spunked in your mouth. It's buying some cunting fucking wheels. Grow some bollox and either buy them or don't. Somebody with some bollox and more importantly some fucking cash turned up and got them. Next time do the same. 

*I'd personally recommend Listerine for the bad taste"

Harsh response?

👌 

31 minutes ago, DodgyBastard said:

Dad messages with this.

The key section there is:

'I didn't know until this evening I'd be free'.

So if he hadn't been free...you would not have had him as a buyer at the time.

All this 'you promised to sell it to me stuff'...you'd not ring the supermarket and ask them to hang on to something because you might come in...

Personally I'd not engage further. Just block the number.

"I might come today or tomorrow" is very fucking far from a binding contract, this sort of shit is first there with the cash.

I saw your thread with the wheels, they seemed a bit cheap, (or at least reasonably priced rather than usual FB dreamer money) so it's definitely implied in the price that there are no bagsies or messing about.

22 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

Dad messages with this.

"Left a bad taste"?

Brush ya teeth. Away and chase yaself ya dick.

Flogged that moped ( realised it needed a metric dickload more work than I could do) - I paid £200 plus about £20 worth of petrol getting it  - advertised for £250 - lots of derisory offers including someone who wanted to offer me £50 "because its a bit rough".

Sold it to the first bloke who arrived when he said he would for £220. Angry message from bloke who was "Definitely coming tomorrow to buy it with pound notes"
I just told him I sold it to someone who ACTUALLY came tonight with £20 notes since £1 notes have not been legal tender since 1984. Then blocked him.

Jay

Hi, is this still available? Is the price negotiable? would you deliver to north cork for fuel costs + return trip? Thanks

mon 1:20 pm

It's available but it's not insured so I can't deliver it, sorry.

mon 1:32 pm
Jay

I am interested in the car but I have a few concerns. The first is the price, I have attached a screenshot of the parker price guide, yeah, I know :) cars are more expensive in ireland than the uk but the difference is very big, could I please ask you to reconsider the price somewhat. next is the numbers on the engine what this written by the mechanic during service (251k202k ?) and then there's the block of wood on the battery? has this vehicle ever been fixed/modified/repaired by non-professional? The location issue is for me to sort out but I live in Doneraile (north of mallow) and getting there will be hard and probably cost me 100 euros at least as I do not have a car and have to pay someone to take me. we are a young family with very limited resources and so we need to make every penny count. please bear this in mind if you do decide to lower the price. This is not looking for sympathy, its just the reality for us and our financial situation, if its too much then we just can't buy it. hope you understand. sincerely jonathan

today 9:27 pm

It sold 2 hours ago for €1700

today 9:30 pm

This was my old 2008 work car, a Fiat Doblo MPV, up for sale for €1900. The attachment from Parker's was absent, but what their valuation has to do with a similar car in another country I don't know. And Doneraile is 1¼ hours drive, so basically more than  half a day to deliver with 2 buses on the way back.

3 people responded to the ad. One was Jay above, one wanted to part ex a Seat Ibiza and the actual buyers, a Spanish couple, actually turned up with cash and bought it.

36 minutes ago, artdjones said:

This was my old 2008 work car, a Fiat Doblo MPV, up for sale for €1900.

3 people responded to the ad. One was Jay above, one wanted to part ex a Seat Ibiza and the actual buyers, a Spanish couple, actually turned up with cash and bought it.

Not surprised at who bought it, as Fiat/Renault/Citroen MPV's are extremely popular in Spain and fetch good money.

9 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Not surprised at who bought it, as Fiat/Renault/Citroen MPV's are extremely popular in Spain and fetch good money.

Yes,that's why being sent a valuation showing it was worth less than a thousand in the UK was so stupid. In Spain it would have been worth double the asking price.

10 hours ago, artdjones said:
Jay

Hi, is this still available? Is the price negotiable? would you deliver to north cork for fuel costs + return trip? Thanks

mon 1:20 pm

It's available but it's not insured so I can't deliver it, sorry.

mon 1:32 pm
Jay

I am interested in the car but I have a few concerns. The first is the price, I have attached a screenshot of the parker price guide, yeah, I know :) cars are more expensive in ireland than the uk but the difference is very big, could I please ask you to reconsider the price somewhat. next is the numbers on the engine what this written by the mechanic during service (251k202k ?) and then there's the block of wood on the battery? has this vehicle ever been fixed/modified/repaired by non-professional? The location issue is for me to sort out but I live in Doneraile (north of mallow) and getting there will be hard and probably cost me 100 euros at least as I do not have a car and have to pay someone to take me. we are a young family with very limited resources and so we need to make every penny count. please bear this in mind if you do decide to lower the price. This is not looking for sympathy, its just the reality for us and our financial situation, if its too much then we just can't buy it. hope you understand. sincerely jonathan

today 9:27 pm

It sold 2 hours ago for €1700

today 9:30 pm

This was my old 2008 work car, a Fiat Doblo MPV, up for sale for €1900. The attachment from Parker's was absent, but what their valuation has to do with a similar car in another country I don't know. And Doneraile is 1¼ hours drive, so basically more than  half a day to deliver with 2 buses on the way back.

"I'm a skinflint cunt, please adjust your price accordingly" 

People are brilliant man