Most stupid message while flogging a shiter

Alan Prost

5 minutes ago, Gerrymcd said:

*Stalker alert* There is no giveaways on your ad that I can see to link up to what you have on your driveway? Creep.

No, it's not pictured anywhere near my house. It was at my house for less than a week and always had cars behind it as it was up at the garage getting worked on. It's also a different gumtree account that I normally use-not for sinister reasons, just because my new phone defaulted to an old profile.

Could be someone I know on the windup, that'd actually be worse.

41 minutes ago, dome said:

Panic over-a "friend" thought that it would be funny to wind me up. 

I must admit I did that to a friend. He was complaining about a noisy bird outside his window. I changed my name to ‘Robin’ on gumtree and enquired about a piece of furniture he was selling. He realised when I suggested it would look nice in my nest. 

That’s the culture these days isn’t it, offer 50% like they’re doing you a favour. Wankers. Reading through these just makes me realise what a good policy scrapping cars is when I’ve finished with them, it’s just a simple phone call to the breaker I use, he gives us a cheque for what’s left I haven’t taken off and everyone’s happy. 

Doesn't Gumtree always want your postcode when you list something so it can show the rough location on a map?  Given that, it wouldn't be that difficult to work out the seller's address if the thing they were selling was sat outside on their driveway?

On 4/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, Mrcento said:

People flat out refuse to get the concept of an asking price.

The price stated is what the seller wishes to receive in their pocket. It's not the maximum of what the seller believes a buyer should spend including any associated expenses.

Imagine rocking up at a £500 car, no offers, and handing the seller £348 and telling him that's actually  £500 but the rest spent Money to get there, money to get back...oh and the 2 quid was for a ginster pasty i had on the way.... £500 as advertised M8.

Years back, my mate turned up to buy my Nova SR and gave me the asking price of £700, minus what he spent on a box of tabs, en route!

On 4/15/2021 at 9:57 AM, sierraman said:

That’s the culture these days isn’t it, offer 50% like they’re doing you a favour. Wankers. Reading through these just makes me realise what a good policy scrapping cars is when I’ve finished with them, it’s just a simple phone call to the breaker I use, he gives us a cheque for what’s left I haven’t taken off and everyone’s happy. 

To be honest, it's why I seem to have a growing number of cars! It's just easier to keep them than face the aggro of selling them. My brother recently upgraded his motorbike, but was worried about people sniffing around where he kept it (there has been a LOT of motorbike theft near trade him, one of his only lasted two hours!) and just felt it less painful to trade it in and get a bit less for it than face loads of idiots messaging at all hours. When my mechanic finally sorts me a new(er) moped, I'll probably get him to do me a deal on the old one -even if it's a crap deal, I'd rather just be rid of it. He keeps telling me that it's worth about £600 (it isn't) but I know that he wont give me that. 

The only one I've successfully sold was the previous moped (Pedward) which my brother found a buyer for, followed by a 16 year old and all his mates turning up to collect it, trying to give me £10 less than agreed (not accepted) and then he didn't want to fill in the V5. He did fill in the V5! He crashed it the next day.

Buyer        Does it have a buck

Seller        ????

B                 Puck

S                 ????

B               Does it have Bluetooth?

It  is a 1958 Borgward

And next on a 1962 Humber S Snipe in very nice condition for sale in Timaru  on South Island

B          Could have been interested if you weren't  so far away as the car looks quite good.

S          Where do you want it delivered to ?

B         I live in Huntly, North Island , have bought cars before without seeing them and it has cost me so not a good idea.

S          Public transport will get you here in 2 days, buy it and drive it home.

B         I wouldn't spend two days travelling to see a car. The location may become a problem for you.

S          ok.      (no doubt that was not what he was thinking )

Buyer of my old red MG ZT was the worst. Turned up in an MG jacket and t shirt combo and pored over it for (i kid you not) two full hours jacking it up and putting it on axle stands etc before picking every miniscule fault he could find, then telling me he was interested, but not at the "strong money" I wanted for it.

It was £250.

48 minutes ago, CortinaDave said:

Buyer of my old red MG ZT was the worst. Turned up in an MG jacket and t shirt combo and pored over it for (i kid you not) two full hours jacking it up and putting it on axle stands etc before picking every miniscule fault he could find, then telling me he was interested, but not at the "strong money" I wanted for it.

It was £250.

Eh!? 😂 

Did you tell him to go away in the end? 

I once bought a Red ZT 1800 as a potential engine donor. 

Me. "How much for the engine?" 

Them. "£150"

Me. "For the whole car" 

Them. "£200"

You'll fuckin' dae! Bought the c*nt there and then. 

Seriously why do people worry about price when it's already low? 

Neighbour has just sold his Honda CRV, first twat turns up, goes over for half an hour then a test drive. Doesn’t make an offer as he ‘wanted a different colour’ wtf? It was the same colour when he turned up and in the Facebook ad. Turned out well though as a guy we often meet walking the dog was after a new car so we mentioned it to him and he went round and bought it for asking price and I got a nice pack of beers as a thank you from the neighbour.

9 minutes ago, JMotor said:

Eh!? 😂 

Did you tell him to go away in the end? 

I once bought a Red ZT 1800 as a potential engine donor. 

Me. "How much for the engine?" 

Them. "£150"

Me. "For the whole car" 

Them. "£200"

You'll fuckin' dae! Bought the c*nt there and then. 

Seriously why do people worry about price when it's already low? 

I just told him it was 250, take it or leave it. He left it. Rang back the next day and gave me the £250,  by which point I'd readied it for weighing in, so had stolen quite a few bits off it. Muppet.

• 1 month later...