Covid Clio new lease of life

bigstraight6

My sister in laws old Renault Clio lunched it’s cambelt just before Christmas, initially I tried to find a cheap and cheerful replacement car but after much searching of egay, bumtree and autotrader I concluded there was very little to be cheerful about with lots of hanging wrecks with issues and the prospect of yet more cambelt roulette and then of course the lockdown came which makes looking at cars difficult with the possibility of a fine more than the value of the car you are going to view.

This led to no choice but get the Renault repaired, the trusty and excellent Garage that I use sourced a decent engine from a breakers and fitted it with a full cambelt kit including water pump, new clutch and general service for an all in price of £500 which is very reasonable but obviously more than the car is actually worth, that said last years MOT had no advisories and it’s a case of needs must at this time, I’m pleased the old heap lives again though.....

1CC8117A-66E5-4C76-B619-026960D561AF.jpeg

7D61ED40-C585-4B85-9FCB-8D66D15F20BB.jpeg

1 minute ago, loserone said:

Disagree.  Good investment and glad that the car is saved

Thanks for the kind words, it’s actually a very good car albeit rather slow! It’s never been welded and the structure and bodywork is in remarkable condition. It’s another old Renault still on the road....