Metro Owners - A Request

vulgalour

Do you own a Metro or Mini with front door pockets?  Do you have a tape measure?  Fancy doing me a favour?

I have a suspicion that the screw spacing on Metro/Mini front door pockets is the same as on the Maestro but I don't know for certain.  Would somebody mind measuring their door pockets for me.  I know the Maestro pockets are a different design so they look more like a moulded door panel, but I suspect the pocket is actually the same basic fitment.  I already know other Metro interior items are a shared with the Maestro so I'm hoping this one is too because it will make replacing my broken front door pocket a lot easier.

Ta in advance!

MaestroPocket.jpg

I've now removed the pocket from the Maestro and it measures:

Two holes along the top at 43cm apart

Three holes along the bottom at 0cm, 10cm, and 20.5cm from leading edge

I guess the later Minis (is '99 a Rover rather than an Austin?) changed the door pocket design.  The Mini and Metro ones I'd seen have 3 holes along the bottom rather than just two.

EDIT:  I'll take a photo and annotate in a bit.  Should have done that to start with I guess.  It'll show the measurements a bit better.

That looks quite different. The lower outer holes on a Mini one are close to the corners.  If a Maestro door card is a flat surface then it should fit, but you'd need to drill new holes.

Are A and K series Metro door pockets the same?

EDIT - I've had a quick Google and Metro door cards are definitely a different design to Mini ones. They have a speaker attached and  four screw holes along the bottom, rather than three. could a Metro owner (@TheDoctor ?) please confirm this?

Maestro door is completely flat, so I could drill new holes.  It'd be great if I didn't have to and it was a straight swap, but the more I look at the photos I can see, the less likely it's seeming now.  This is the style of pocket I was thinking would work, I just haven't had the measurements to compare.

Mini version, and Metro version.  I suspect they're the same part used on both cars, I just can't confirm it.

door.jpg.3425950bad4d050894163644a7e676b8.jpg

austin-metro-hatchback-petrol_37190837.jpg.819125a74033b7efad41804e387042e5.jpg