Desirable limited editions

Mr Laurence

This is my Uno 45 Breeze, one of the many limited edition Uno's Fiat put out in the 80s.

Such as the Carte blanche, Solar, Eleganza , Formula, Bianca and Roma etc.,

The Breeze came with a Burberry style interior, tilt slide sunroof, colour coded bumpers, grill and mirrors. Radio, and full length wheel trims. An was available on the Uno 45 fire, and Uno 60s. The 45 had the upgrade of a 5 speed gearbox, as it was normally only fitted to the 45s. Still don't get a cigarette lighter though, so no good for my phone charger...

Appearance wise its very similar to the Eleganza, except the Breeze was only available in this colour and as a 3 door. The Eleganza was available in a similar metallic champagne colour, a metallic grey and metallic blue. Both as 3 and 5 doors, based on 45s and 60s.

Last time I checked this is the only Uno 45 Breeze still taxed and Mot'd, so pretty rare now! The only changes I've done to the car is the period Fiat accessory O.Z alloys, a CD player an a 35 mm lowering kit. But I have the original parts, in case I ever want to change it back. I have all the period brouchures, for the car as I thought it was cool to have it. My brother even made a miniature replica, from an old 1/43 scale Bburago Uno. 

20201205_155620.thumb.jpg.ce1bed9c5df595db023167b519570412.jpg

20210215_222905.thumb.jpg.bfbd7d001db7363ae0791761e800db35.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bstardchild said:

Ahhhh was going to post the Lacoste

This one was mine - one of the best cars I've owned - basically an XS in a fancy frock so 85 bhp from a 1360 engine with a 35IBSH Weber carb

x5fWjyvQ.jpg

When we moved to France in 1993 my mum bought a 205 Green - very similar to the Lacoste, white with body colour bumpers, green seatbelts and funky upholstery.  The green belts were always a talking point when friends got in the car.

(I was always slightly hostile to it though because I really wanted her to get a Twingo, but it got vetoed because it only had four seats and the 205 was the substitute.)

3 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

When we moved to France in 1993 my mum bought a 205 Green - very similar to the Lacoste, white with body colour bumpers, green seatbelts and funky upholstery.  The green belts were always a talking point when friends got in the car.

(I was always slightly hostile to it though because I really wanted her to get a Twingo, but it got vetoed because it only had four seats and the 205 was the substitute.)

I went thro a succession of car sales roles for Datsun (Migrating to Nissan) Fiat and Peugeot - Special Editions were always huge volume sellers

Micra Collete flew off the forecourt

nissan_colette_86.jpg

2 hours ago, Bitzer said:

My second 45S Uno with 999 ccm FIRE looked very similar, but I believe it was called "Scala". I am not sure about the sunroof, but I definitely do remember the interior textiles, painted bumpers/mirrors and its instrument cluster with the famous * "Econometer".

My brothers old Uno 45s had that Econometer, an even if you drove like a nun. The needle used to go off into the red, even at the faintest bit of throttle! I've just had to look up the "Scala" as I've never heard of it, but does look a very similar spec to the Breeze as well as the Eleganza editions. Found two that were for sale in Germany, within the last couple of years. 

It seems the Econometer (under various AKAs) was a favorite fashion accesssory during late 80s/early 90s. Basically, it was showing the level of vacuum in the carburettor body. While Fiat were using the fancy stuff with a dial and needle, other manufacturers were happy with two or three lights. I believe I saw this simpler arrangement on Mitsubishi Colt (?).

4 hours ago, Bitzer said:

It seems the Econometer (under various AKAs) was a favorite fashion accesssory during late 80s/early 90s. Basically, it was showing the level of vacuum in the carburettor body. While Fiat were using the fancy stuff with a dial and needle, other manufacturers were happy with two or three lights. I believe I saw this simpler arrangement on Mitsubishi Colt (?).

My Lada Samara had one, the gauge type and it did seem to make sense - in the 'clear' when cruising, moving towards yellow when accelerating. It was actually a well laid out dash with plenty of info. The strip between the top and bottom tell tales would light up red and say 'stop' if certain of the lights lit, I only ever saw it come on when the handbrake was used as it was incredibly reliable.

image.png.511cd38d5d1faa38f6f7bbc59ea5c935.png

On 1/31/2021 at 3:47 PM, quicksilver said:

We got a Polo Genesis in the UK. A bit weird as it was based on the poverty-spec Fox so it lacked basics like a glovebox lid but had tinted glass and a nice sunroof; strangely for a music-themed edition no upgraded stereo though. The European Genesis is much nicer as it was based on the G40 and is quite desirable, especially the one and only RHD example built as a competition prize.

The afore mentioned RHD G40 Genesis - lives in the northeast these days.

post-12552-1271105941.jpg.d9b92fc7d635a99f51d536916fa5befb.jpgpost-12552-1281124565.jpg.c258c9cdf38925c689bf5a2857d6e338.jpg

He has a LHD one too!  :)

On 2/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, 4wheeledstool said:

The afore mentioned RHD G40 Genesis - lives in the northeast these days.

post-12552-1271105941.jpg.d9b92fc7d635a99f51d536916fa5befb.jpgpost-12552-1281124565.jpg.c258c9cdf38925c689bf5a2857d6e338.jpg

He has a LHD one too!  :)

That must be the ultimate piece of merch for the hardcore Genesis fan! The colour is fab and it looks a million times better than the povvo-spec 1.0 Genesis we usually got. Why did the band's home country end up with such a crappy version?

Thank you very much for some wonderful memories! I remember the Vauxhall Astra Antibes; I think an Re Teacher had one. 

In the early 'nineties, a new Television Company took over from TVS. 

To celebrate, a Ford Fiesta Meridian was launched. Dark metallic will grey lower panels and bumpers. 

Also, I saw the Tickford Trimmed Orion; I recall from Ford Brochures I collected circa 1990 a Ford Sierra 2000E. Dark Blue metallic over Grey. And similar Leather seats... Anyone remember these? There was one in my village for some time... 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

1 hour ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

In the early 'nineties, a new Television Company took over from TVS. 

Ah yes, the 1991 ITV Franchise Round that took Thames Television away from broadcasting...

I see it as the right way but now you’ve said that I see what you mean and also can’t unsee it.

Renault 18 had 3 little lamps, green orange and red. It would go from green to red never lighting the middle one. Nothing wrong with our lamp as all 3 illuminated during start-up.

A pal of mine had a 205 GTi 1.9 which he said was a very limited edition thing. It was a dark metallic green one with full black leather interior, aircon, PAS and every toy you could get on a 205. I remember bits like the interior door handles were leather trimmed and the carpet and seat belts were dark green in it rather than the usual red most 205 GTis had .

My pal bought it new, it wasn't the same interior as a Roland Garros job. He said he'd had a choice of the dark metallic green (possibly the same colour as a 309 Goodwood) or Miami blue. He said there had been a Miami blue one in the showroom, but in the 10 years he owned his he'd never seen another one like his. 

I've never seen another one, not even an advert for one. 

He's currently driving an Octavia VRs which is also a freaky high spec job with full leather and every high end option. He reckons that's a very limited special edition job, one of 50 or something. 

I don't know where he gets them. 

3 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

I recall from Ford Brochures I collected circa 1990 a Ford Sierra 2000E. Dark Blue metallic over Grey. And similar Leather seats... Anyone remember these? There was one in my village for some time... 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

I once wanted a Cosworth.  Didn't have the money for one, so looked at a 2.8xr4i. a 2.9xr4x4, a 2.8 4x4 Ghia  Estste, a cosworth replica, badly built from a base 3 door with the running gear from a 2.8 4x4 and a badly fitted xr4i interior with a cosworth body kit and painted in lurid green. And a Saphire 2000E which had been fitted with 2.9 4x4 running gear and cosworth styling in burgundy. 

Most of them were bodged beyond acceptable but....

I should have bought the later one, but ended up buying an AX 1.4D

idiot. 

7 hours ago, Pete-M said:

A pal of mine had a Sapphire 2000E for years. Nice thing, full leather and aircon. 

When I worked at Garrett, there was a lad, in our department who had a rear drive Cosworth Sapphire, which he'd tuned. The hybrid turbo had been built in the Development Department, where he'd worked previously, and he reckoned 500 BHP.

One rainy day...

Can you guess the rest? 

He arrived at work with a totally undamaged car.  Came and sat at his desk and started shaking.  We had to take him to the nurse....where he was allowed to lie down in the dark, until he felt better. 

He'd floored it on the M58 and spun a few times in the outside lane, having hit a patch of water. He'd ended up facing the wrong way on the hard shoulder.  

He sold it and bought a Williams Clio. 

11 hours ago, New POD said:

When I worked at Garrett, there was a lad, in our department who had a rear drive Cosworth Sapphire, which he'd tuned. The hybrid turbo had been built in the Development Department, where he'd worked previously, and he reckoned 500 BHP.

One rainy day...

Can you guess the rest? 

I had a 528 bhp RWD Sapphire Cosworth. 

They are a bit of a handful in the wet...

On 2/22/2021 at 1:01 AM, inconsistant said:

The shape of the yellow bit bothers me. The right side of it  is angled the wrong way. Now I can’t unsee it. 

Now you've ruined my day and memories - I sat in front of a dashboard like that for many thousands of miles, including driving it to within 50km of Ukraine, and never noticed it. I think it may be a graphical representation of the  overlap between clear and yellow, marking the transition from economical driving to driving like a летучая мышь из ада (bat out of hell).

On 2/16/2021 at 7:44 AM, Bitzer said:

yeah my scirocco had a little orange lamp that would swear you were getting 35mpg or something insane as i pulled into yet another forecourt to fill it, yet again.

Colin McRae edition Impreza. 1 of 200.  I think other than the gold wheels and fishnet Recaro's it was just a normal impreza. I heard a podcast and it was some guys first job in the motor industry to work in a hanger changing
all the seats and wheels over and sticking on the limited edition badge.
Much like NorfolkNweighs story me and a mate found one of these in a bomb site Glasgow car lot. 4 flat tyres, rusty arches, wheels missing, almost up to it's axles in mud.
It was up for £1800.  Would you take £1500 I asked , it's 1800 or you can f*ck off said the salesman who looked like a bond henchman. We left it. 
1997-subaru-imprezza-mcrae-1.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=1000

Not A Paul Ferris garage , would have love to have seen his customer service manager

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk