this time i'm saving a scrappage victim for sale!!

fiatdaft

Volksy, do you want to go in on this? Can rope Eor in on it too. Would be an ideal guzzler for a jaunt accross the channel to Le Mans next year. When discussing the idea of going to Le Mans with Eor i think the idea was to buy a car that would use more petrol going there than we paid for the car, so this looks a great idea. And we would look uber cool. Is not the estate i am after but is LOADS cooler.

You are going to bring it back aren't you?

Of course, its not a drive it and leave it. I could happily cruise about in that forever.A car is for life, not just for jaunts accross the channel. With whatever we get i will probably end up keeping it as i cant help myself get attached to cars.I remember being in floods of tears when my parents took back the burnt orange Marina coupe loan car whilst their Sunbeam was being repaired when i was a kid.

Aye could be a possibility, I'll see you tonight at K&K's Cocktail Party, so will chat with you about it then. You know I'm sold on it anyway, given my preference for waft-o-matic luxobarges!And Fred, It would defo be returning from wherever it was taken, we do these trips properly, with a return ticket and everything! :D

so picked it up today!

a gallon of petrol and a set of jump leads later it was driving onto the beaver tail!

Posted Image

got it to my mates yard and had a better look,

will need a good wash,but its complete apart from a spare wheel,still sits on its trx alloys with metric tyres, will get it up on the 2 post lift and have a better look underneath .

has some shiny bits,throttle cable,brake flexi and complete exhaust.also seems to have air operated monroe shockers work from a valve in the boot.

ignition lock has the remains of a broken key in it so thats fecked.

elec windows ,seat heaters and aircon not playing the game so far.

paints a bit flat in places,valances are a bit scabby,worse bit on the outside is this.

Posted Image

the rest looks like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i think the brake servo is fu*ked though as it wiring out white smoke for a while,no brake pedal and the master cylinder is empty!

worst bit so far on the body is the spare wheelwell,but a fairly easy repair to do it right i suppose.

Posted Image

Posted Image

shows 43k but i would assume 143k but the engine is super quite!

cheers scott

Not too bad. I could be wrong (and I will check for you) but I think the steering barrel is prob the same as the Mk2 transit, I have several spares if anybody needs them. ould be the same with the servo, but I seem to remember it's a bit deeper. Still, we have Mk3 transit servos on a couple of ours, and they work fine, so a scorpio/Mk3 granny one will prob fit too, if you follow that pattern.As it has a tow bar, check the boot seam, that's where ours had gone, could have towed something waaay too heavy. For this reason we removed the tow bar, to avoid future temptation.With the brakes sorted, I bet that would test.

I have heard that Granada Scorpio Online is harder to get into than here :lol: I am still waiting for my confirmation! You could try Old Skool Ford, I haven't put it on there yet cos there are a few banger vandals on there. Trigger has his own forum for Grannys, but I have already put it on there! :DServos don't fail that often (on the transit, fine so far on me granny) but we have scrapped a couple of trannies recently and they had good servos/masters.

Very well done for saving that. Why the hell anyone would trade one in for a cheapo boring modern is beyond me!I would much rather see scrappage cars go to the banger track then get traded in like this. Scrappage is nothing but a total waste of good cars.At least banger racers get some enjoyment from it!I would definatly have that if you were closer, im at the opposite end of the country though! It would sit nicely next to my estate.It doesnt look that bad at all in the pics, just a bit grubby. Check the A posts for rot, particularly from inside the front wings. Check the front inner wing tops, you can often see the rot coming out from under the outer wings from the engine bay. The sills, especially at their rear end, near the rear wheel go, look underneath in the same place at the rear end of the inner sill too. Mine had gone badly in all these places and others!If I were you Id definatly keep it, they drive very well, really comfortable cars. I wouldnt be without one now.

pete i will check those areas closely,but bit of a glance when i picked it up it looked ok,my mate who is storing the car has a 2 post lift ,so first chance i get it will be up on it.6 inches of snow outside and christmas will cause a wee delay however!you do know how far away i am though?