chaseracer

• chaseracer changed the title to Dyane: engine delivered...

Down to rural Herefordshire yesterday in a Lexarse with three motors, only two of which were bolted into the car.  

The one in the boot was left with Pete to have 118cc and about 20bhp added; doesn't sound much when you say it quickly but it represents a power boost of around 60%.  Once it's in build, the Dyane will be trailered south engineless ready for the 720 transplant.

I R EXCITE 🙃

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

Down to rural Herefordshire yesterday in a Lexarse with three motors, only two of which were bolted into the car.  

Did you see a yellow Charleston in the corner by the door?  (It might be at the body shop though.)Fingers crossed I will be joining the citroen ranks of Autoshite in the next few weeks!

1 hour ago, jon.k said:

Did you see a yellow Charleston in the corner by the door?  (It might be at the body shop though.)Fingers crossed I will be joining the citroen ranks of Autoshite in the next few weeks!

Good man! The Autoshite A-Series massive! 

23 hours ago, jon.k said:

Yellow and black? The best colour combination! Please do feel free to send me photos and impressions to 2cv at Citroencarclub.org.uk :-)

• chaseracer changed the title to Dyane: the right carbs...

Got a message from Pete yesterday: "if you can find a Solex carb off a 652 Visa, they are brilliantly tuneable and great things will result induction-wise", or words to that effect.  Somewhere north of hen's teeth and rocking-horse poo on the YOU'RE HAVING A GIRAFFE scale of rare?  No pressure then.

Request here and the CCC page on the Book of Farce, expecting laughter and a long wait.  Guess what?  Found one already, and from a reliable source.  Needs a clean but is complete, and it'll be on the way tomorrow.

image.png

• chaseracer changed the title to Dyane: 602 coming out...

The Solex above is now with Pete, as are all the Belgian shiny bits for the 720 build.  He's already stripped down the donor engine - a high-compression Dyane unit from the late-70s/early 80s 'sweet spot' - and all is well.  My build is next in the queue, so the original 602 needs to be removed (and safely stored) to make way for the big motor.

That's the job for this weekend, then.

On 23/03/2021 at 19:28, chaseracer said:

The one in the boot was left with Pete to have 118cc and about 20bhp added; doesn't sound much when you say it quickly but it represents a power boost of around 60%.  Once it's in build, the Dyane will be trailered south engineless ready for the 720 transplant.

I R EXCITE 🙃

How did I miss this?

Welcome to club GLF!

Once I have the Burds Clio back on the road shall dig out the GSA and we should meet up!

Never driven an A Body..