PBK’s 1987 Lada 1200s

HMC

Good to see this is in my neck of the woods now, I was tempted, then I realised it wouldnt be suitable for the upcoming ULEZ, so left it.

I`ll have to bring my bunch of 25+ year old petrol cap keys down Ken, would be nice to have a locking cap in the interests of completage.

(Edit: I should have gone a page backwards, I didn't realise you`d left the ends Kenith!)

Well saved sir! (Coupe created by me)

7380224588_414bcea957_b.jpg

7433335240_90f5434623_k.jpg

On 1/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, Fumbler said:

http://www.lada.co.uk/index.htm

This man might be your answer. Largest UK stockist of parts and services.

There is a whole story about the chap who runs that website and the rest of the Lada fraternity in the UK. Very odd situation, and a very odd man from my own dealings with him. 

Anyway, Lada Power are shipping to the UK, although it's a 1-2 month wait. I got all the bits for my Lada through them, very knowledgeable and good with the parts availability and prices for them. 

Yeah don't order from Lada UK otherwise known as Tom.

He's a stuck up prick that binned a load of folk off the forum, won't answer emails asking why, won't answer his phone and no longer replies when you ask for parts. I asked him to remove all my content, which hasn't happened.

Pissed me off more knowing I've spent £Alot£ in panels and other bits, for him to just turn around and ban / bin us. GR8 customer service. 

Years of knowledge, build threads and references down the drain.

So if you need parts- Give me a shout, I might actually have what you need on the shelf, or can send you to the right person.

14 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

Yeah don't order from Lada UK otherwise known as Tom.

He's a stuck up prick that binned a load of folk off the forum, won't answer emails asking why, won't answer his phone and no longer replies when you ask for parts. I asked him to remove all my content, which hasn't happened.

Pissed me off more knowing I've spent £Alot£ in panels and other bits, for him to just turn around and ban / bin us. GR8 customer service. 

Years of knowledge, build threads and references down the drain.

So if you need parts- Give me a shout, I might actually have what you need on the shelf, or can send you to the right person.

Yep. He got fussy about people being on the Lada Facebook page, and banned anyone from the forum who signed up to the FB page. 

Including me.

Tom didn't start the Lada.co.uk site either, he took it over from someone else. 

All very odd. 

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Yep. He got fussy about people being on the Lada Facebook page, and banned anyone from the forum who signed up to the FB page. 

Including me.

Tom didn't start the Lada.co.uk site either, he took it over from someone else. 

All very odd. 

One day I will get on to that forum, and I will liberate it's content. 

Back in the mid eighties wifey person had the estate version in a fetching shade of bright blue, it was used as the school run bus and started on many freezing mornings with the starting handle which it still had, I seem to remember it being stored under the bonnet somewhere? Must say it never once failed to start or even thought about breaking down, it even carried on after being smacked in arse by an inattentive driver at a pelican crossing. Only got rid of for a rather smart? FSO estate in an equally fetching shade of orange.

I put the new battery on in the vain hope that something would happen. It certainly spun the engine over quickly enough. However, there was no catching at all. I am going to clean the connections, earth points and so on anyway. 

I have new plugs to go in, I will also change HT leads, rotor arm, points, dizzy cap and coil. I will try a direct fuel feed too. 

Probably the points all dirty. Always the points on an engine that stops it running if you've ever watched mustie1 😂

I do like his trick of putting oil and/or 2 stroke mix down the intake though. Gives the engine a bit of lube if it hasn't turned over for a good while. 

Does it catch on easy start and/or have a spark?

When Les of BL transverse fame dropped it off at my car park it started and ran off the trailer but then wasn’t started or run since. Jollyfkr told be at the time it was low on petrol and electricity from standing.