Anyone for a cheap mk2 Cavalier?

M'coli

Blatent plug for my Cavalier, which is going to have to be moved on. 100,000 miles, D reg 1300L with sunroof. MOT until September, tax 'til November, Monroe gasmatics all round and 185/70r13 tyres - which means it looks slightly different from most photos of it, as I'm keeping the 15" wheels for the next car.

£300, but remeber over £100 of this is the tax.

Posted Image

More photos to follow.

Sounds very interesting, I await further pics! I've had a bit of an itch to have an old Cavalier for a while now. What's the rot situation like?

Back valence is poor, wheelarces could do with podding or replacing and the bottom of the doors are scabby...Left sill replaced and right sill repaired in 2007, right spring mount repaired last year - nothing structural.PS am picking up new car (Polo estate) from Wakey tomorrow night hopefully.

Face-lift tastic and a bloody good price for an under-rated car. Would look class on 5.5Jx14 steels with no trims.

I've got a friend who needs to shift a set of such rims clad with good Toyos from her garage... Sadly I'm unable to buy the Cavalier and fit them!

That is it with these old Cavaliers?, Where i used to work we had a couple of customers about 10 years ago with them, One was a 1.6L which was pretty sluggish and the other was a old A reg 1.3L 4 door which belonged to a old boy which went like shit of a stick. I could never understand that with these old Vauxhalls, Astra's were the same as well.

I´m glad someone mentioned this! I can´t understand it too. Many old people had the european Cavalier, the Opel Ascona C, in the 90s, but the car was just crap!Interieur looked like a fridge from inside, the front-wheels had no traction and the whole car feels to thin and cheap like a 99p-plastic-car made in china, it´s horrible. I´m really glad all Asconas rusted away fast and exhaustive and now autoshite is telling me it´s a desirable car... :? Maybe someone can explain it?

Do you have any more pictures of this car anywhere?

Yes, and I'll take the scabby area shots tomorrow. Here's some more incidental ones.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's solid where it counts, MOT guy said it's better than some more modern ones they see.

I'm beginning to think it's underpriced, but then I have yet to advertise it on mk2cav yet, probably because it's not a 130SRi...

If there is anything I'm into more than 'old' cars it's the west coast of Scotland.....is that first photo taken beside the A861 near Strontian?My pal had a 1988 MKII Cav SRI130 in white in the early/mid nineties, how I wished that car was mine. Shame he never looked after it, I'd love one now.(and if I'm right on the first photo, I'll bet the later photo is the Corran ferry. Ferryshite info: Corran Ferry stand in, Maid of Glencoul, seventies genuine Ferryshite still in service; built 1975, no major rust perforations in spite of saline environment. Better rust proofing than a galvanised Audi).I may have gone off on a tangent.......

RE: 1600s feeling slower than 1300s, my step dad's MK1 astra GTE had the 1600 and it went like shit off a stick, then he replaced it with an absolute pov-spec MK3 Chav that had the same engine and that was also no slouch, though the acceleration wasn't quite as good natch, but it would happily sit at the ton (when mum wasn't around) and i thought it felt bloody quick when i drove it, although thats compared to the 1.2 clio i was learning in and i imagine anything would feel fast compared to that!

More photos as promised.

Cambelt, waterpump and thermostat changed at 75000 miles; new Ferodo pads on the front last May; new brakepipes where needed; new handbrake cable in March.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first picture of the last lot is on the way to Strontian, and it is indeed the Corran ferryin the other.

Ah yes a mk2 cav would have that if i had some money space etc. :roll: My old neighbour had left an identical mk2 apart from being e reg till 6 yrs ago outside my dads house. For over 2yrs under tress never got touched. Then one day a pair of yoofs knocked his door an brought it off him for £50. Put a battery on it and it started first turn! Despite it never being touched. They even drove off in it despite the fact it had no T+T and was covered in mould. I guess that and my best mates dad having a mk2 LXI when we were kids is probley part of the reason i own my mk3 cav. Good luck with the sale. :)

Going to be mean here and say it's not getting sold until the snow's gone! The new car's good but not got the grip of the Cavalier in the snow (Lukas, what were you saying about no front traction? I've never found them to suffer from it in the snow). It might be the budget tyres on the new brief but I don't think so...

agh my dream first car! Shame its when im bankrupt.

Find out how much it would cost to insure as a STANDARD car, and I can stick the standard shocks back on it. I think this will make a big difference to the price! The standard ones I've got are good, but the Gasmatics make for a firmer ride. If my car selling luck is anything to go by, it'll still be around in a few months time, which as far as I'm concerned, won't be a bad thing as it's still nice to drive (except the wife doesn't like it!).