Incoming French shite.........to replace outgoing Italian shite.....Brexit ? Pah..........

Rocket88

11 hours ago, Ian_Fearn said:

Anyone remember the Citroen magazine (Dimensions?) back in the late 80s/early 90s? They drove one of these from London to the south of France aiming to squeeze 1000 miles from a tank. I think they managed it too.

ISTR back in the day these, the Uno and the Daihatsu Charade diseasels were cars you could eke almost 100mpg from if you drove them gently on a run. I'd love to try it.

9 hours ago, Bitzer said:

Did you really replace your Punto with this? THIS???

(Searches his attic. He is sure his granny´s 12 gauge lupara must be somewhere here... maybe  under the rotten couch?)

Guilty as charged..............I also ask for 387 similar offences to be taken into consideration........

2 hours ago, Peter C said:

Are these going up in price?

19973639-934E-40C8-A98B-EC07A61EE835.thumb.png.a09db286403d8b6ffb5f7187fa5994c1.png

Yes they are, very much so, even the 106 is pulling big monies now as well. 

But in fairness they're going to save you a few bob once the initial outlay is done as they average 60+mpg. 

Not total misery either...... 

Well my 106 was 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, vaughant said:

Yes they are, very much so, even the 106 is pulling big monies now as well. 

But in fairness they're going to save you a few bob once the initial outlay is done as they average 60+mpg. 

Not total misery either...... 

Well my 106 was 🤣🤣🤣

Sweet jesus I'm sorry I didn't see that was a 1.1.

Dreaming at that price imo. 

My only suggestion is to check the crankshaft oil seal.

Mine let go big time on the M4 and frazzled the engine. 

Had I known then what I know now, I could have changed the seal, put 20/50 in it to hide the rattle and it would have plodded on like that for years but I got into a battle I was always going to lose with the warranty company and it ended up basically getting scrapped by the pug garage I'm assuming to recover costs. Was a 4k loss at the time which has sullied any interest I've ever had in them. 

Couldn't get a 2nd hand engine for less than a grand at the time at it was a common issue early on from what I can gather, certainly used to see a few of them dead in the scrap yard.