The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've calmed down a bit now...

By 1pm today I had decided that I didn't want to go out in the car again!  People have been randomly throwing themselves across the road in front of my car (and then taking all fucking day to cross the road they've just jumped onto), or with a vehicle at their disposal, appearing from nowhere in droves to fill up any road I might be trying to join.

It would be very, very easy on the evidence of today to assume that I'm being deliberately targeted.

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

I've calmed down a bit now...

By 1pm today I had decided that I didn't want to go out in the car again!  People have been randomly throwing themselves across the road in front of my car (and then taking all fucking day to cross the road they've just jumped onto), or with a vehicle at their disposal, appearing from nowhere in droves to fill up any road I might be trying to join.

It would be very, very easy on the evidence of today to assume that I'm being deliberately targeted.

Sorry Eddy I had a wander around Barrow centre today and drove around for a bit checking a couple of buildings out, sorry for the inconvenience I wasn't paying a great deal of attention 😀 

Double grump.  One is my fault, one isn't.  We've had a slow puncture on the BINI for a couple of weeks and the fronts were getting a bit low, so I took it to the local tyre place having ordered a pair of Falkens online.  Got there and had forgotten that it needs run-flat tyres (ideally) so it ended up costing me £25 more a corner than I originally thought it would.  Not their fault and they're really good - just annoying.

Against my better judgement I then took it to the hand car wash in Morrisons.  I usually avoid these places for a number of reasons but I didn't have the energy to give it a clean and my other half was paying as she's taking friends out in it in the week and our dog is a shedder.  When it came out, the airbag warning light was on.  Twats there fobbed me off (no point in arguing with them) and only wanted to be paid in cash (so are on the fiddle because they definitely have a card machine).  The best I got out of them is that the under-seat connector may have got wet when they steam cleaned the car.  Other than that they just shrugged and tried to claim that it could happen 'at any time'.  Yeah, fuck off pal.

Now, that can happen and they might be completely correct - but that doesn't help.  I wasn't in the mood to argue about a refund, etc. because I would have just got angry but from reading, it looks like the airbag warning can only be reset with a code reader.  So I've had to book it into a garage on Monday morning.  I'll get shafted for that too, probably.  Not a garage I'm familiar with but they're the only ones with availability (probably a bad sign).  So we'll see.

My other half won't drive it with the airbag light on (they'll be switched off) so I had to fix the driver seat in my Golf and then clean the inside and out.  I wouldn't have usually bothered but she's been invited to go and meet with a potential new employer on Monday after applying for a job with them and arriving in my filthy Golf will set a terrible first impression. I'm now absolutely fucking knackered now, probably dehydrated and I wasn't exactly feeling a spring in my step when I woke up this morning to begin with.

Fucking cars.  At least it got me out of mowing an overgrown and damp 1/3rd of an acre.

Called at the local pharmacy earlier this evening to get some throat sweets and my neighbour's daughter was just finishing her shift in there, having recently started working there at weekends while doing her A-levels.  As I was leaving her dad arrived to pick her up, and apparently he takes her there and back for every shift...my grump is, the place is less than ten minutes' walk from our houses!  I thought getting part time work was meant to teach you a bit of independence.

57 minutes ago, omegod said:

I wish someone did home delivery breville sandwiches, no fucker eats them all the time but everyone gets a  craving sometime, yeah that's me tonight and we threw our breville out a year ago

Even grumpier now as there are at least 5 shiters not too far away from me and not one of the bastards has offered to bring me a breville toastie, this place has gone the dogs 😒😁

6 minutes ago, omegod said:

Even grumpier now as there are at least 5 shiters not too far away from me and not one of the bastards has offered to bring me a breville toastie, this place has gone the dogs 😒😁

Now that's an idea.  

If you'd asked sooner I would be under the drink drive limit. Sorry. 

20230513_200553.jpg

20230513_200600.jpg

20230513_200610.jpg

1 hour ago, omegod said:

I wish someone did home delivery breville sandwiches, no fucker eats them all the time but everyone gets a  craving sometime, yeah that's me tonight and we threw our breville out a year ago

I'd do it, but by the time I arrived you'd have been able to go to Argos and buy a machine and have made you and your extended family some toasties.

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I'd do it, but by the time I arrived you'd have been able to go to Argos and buy a machine and have made you and your extended family some toasties.

I'm on my own in the house, if he drives up the M57 he can be here in 30 mins. 

I would make him two. 

3 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Double grump.  One is my fault, one isn't.  We've had a slow puncture on the BINI for a couple of weeks and the fronts were getting a bit low, so I took it to the local tyre place having ordered a pair of Falkens online.  Got there and had forgotten that it needs run-flat tyres (ideally) so it ended up costing me £25 more a corner than I originally thought it would.  Not their fault and they're really good - just annoying.

Against my better judgement I then took it to the hand car wash in Morrisons.  I usually avoid these places for a number of reasons but I didn't have the energy to give it a clean and my other half was paying as she's taking friends out in it in the week and our dog is a shedder.  When it came out, the airbag warning light was on.  Twats there fobbed me off (no point in arguing with them) and only wanted to be paid in cash (so are on the fiddle because they definitely have a card machine).  The best I got out of them is that the under-seat connector may have got wet when they steam cleaned the car.  Other than that they just shrugged and tried to claim that it could happen 'at any time'.  Yeah, fuck off pal.

Now, that can happen and they might be completely correct - but that doesn't help.  I wasn't in the mood to argue about a refund, etc. because I would have just got angry but from reading, it looks like the airbag warning can only be reset with a code reader.  So I've had to book it into a garage on Monday morning.  I'll get shafted for that too, probably.  Not a garage I'm familiar with but they're the only ones with availability (probably a bad sign).  So we'll see.

My other half won't drive it with the airbag light on (they'll be switched off) so I had to fix the driver seat in my Golf and then clean the inside and out.  I wouldn't have usually bothered but she's been invited to go and meet with a potential new employer on Monday after applying for a job with them and arriving in my filthy Golf will set a terrible first impression. I'm now absolutely fucking knackered now, probably dehydrated and I wasn't exactly feeling a spring in my step when I woke up this morning to begin with.

Fucking cars.  At least it got me out of mowing an overgrown and damp 1/3rd of an acre.

That doesn't make total sense because SRS is a self test system. So the light should go off and the system re-enable although the code may still stay. 

May sound silly, are the interior lights working? 

Disconnect the battery, wait however long you deem for nuns and kittens to be safe (🙂) disconnect the under seat connectors and spray some electrical cleaner in there, and reconnect. Then reconnect the battery. 

That should clear the light. 

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

That doesn't make total sense because SRS is a self test system. So the light should go off and the system re-enable although the code may still stay. 

Disconnect the battery, wait however long you deem for nuns and kittens to be safe (🙂) disconnect the under seat connectors and spray some electrical cleaner in there, and reconnect. Then reconnect the battery. 

That's incredibly helpful, I'll take a look tomorrow.  Thank you.  I have already tried disconnecting the airbag connectors and re-connecting but I'll give it another go (and disconnect the battery this time...).

2 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

That's incredibly helpful, I'll take a look tomorrow.  Thank you.

Basically what I'm saying is, as soon as the fault is rectified (if it is just a dodgy connection under the seat) - the system should detect it during its self test and switch the light off the next time you cycle the ignition. And with the battery being disconnected it will only help. 

And the interior light question is in reference to the habit that BMWs have of blowing the interior light fuse and triggering an airbag light because the switch tell tale lamp is on the same circuit (!!) I don't know if minis are the same because I haven't come across it on a mini, but it wouldn't at all surprise me. 

3 hours ago, omegod said:

Take it round your neighbours, shirley one would squash and scorch it for you?

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

On our R50,  once the airbag warning light was on, the only way of getting it off was with a code reader.  (never tried disconnecting the battery) 

If the passenger seat was as far back as it goes and someone got into the rear seat, and kicked the cable, whilst the ignition was on, that was the cue for the light to go on. 

10 hours ago, barefoot said:

Can you not just butter a couple of slices, shove some cheese into an inside out sandwich and drop them into a hot dry pan? Far better than anything that ever came out of a Breville.

I am sending a hitman to put you right. Permanently. 

M56. Junctions 11 and 12. Avoid. Motorway is closed.

The area around Warrington looks like the end of the film deep impact.

A bridge on the A533 is being demolished this weekend. Given the length of time it has taken I assumed the bastard had been demolished last year. I have no idea why civil engineering projects can take so long in this country.

Anybody who lives or works in St Helens will know that the bull and dog roundabout looks like a branch of Huws Gray with little or nothing getting done on it.

The roads are becoming so bad I avoid driving if possible - even the thought of a blast on the bike does nothing for me any more.

On 5/13/2023 at 7:05 PM, omegod said:

I do toasties in the George Foreman grill, not as good as a proper toastie maker, but means I don't have to keep a separate device. 😊

1 hour ago, Fennec said:

I do toasties in the George Foreman grill, not as good as a proper toastie maker, but means I don't have to keep a separate device. 😊

Same here when I used to be able to go home for lunch from my old job.  It was a model with removable plates, so I could easily get all the melted cheese off!