The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've been servicing the cooling system on the Ibiza. (Coolant temp sensor, fan switch, thermostat and fresh coolant), one of the bolts snapped so, I tried to get them at my local motor factors, my local hardware store, to no avail, so tried the Seat dealers, last Tuesday/Wednesday, said they would be in at the end of the week, got a call this morning to say they were in, my grandpa collected them while I was at college (last day today), so he took the old one (the other one snapped) in to see if it matched, the guy in the dealers said that the old ones should have never been in (fairly sure they were the original bolts). Went to fit it back together and they were too big, what a good waste of £4.40, so my grandpa found two bolts in a box in his garage that we used instead. Now it is all back together and fixed.

Today turned into a right fuck on when I couldn't actually get on the train I wanted

The whole.point was not to ride down

Ffs - length of the a49 here now

Refund off train lot tomorrow when I decide to rant at them

3 Carriage trains ffs

It's not 1965

33 minutes ago, J W Pepper said:

I've been servicing the cooling system on the Ibiza. (Coolant temp sensor, fan switch, thermostat and fresh coolant), one of the bolts snapped so, I tried to get them at my local motor factors, my local hardware store, to no avail, so tried the Seat dealers, last Tuesday/Wednesday, said they would be in at the end of the week, got a call this morning to say they were in, my grandpa collected them while I was at college (last day today), so he took the old one (the other one snapped) in to see if it matched, the guy in the dealers said that the old ones should have never been in (fairly sure they were the original bolts). Went to fit it back together and they were too big, what a good waste of £4.40, so my grandpa found two bolts in a box in his garage that we used instead. Now it is all back together and fixed.

At least you managed to get something from a VAG dealer. I've nearly caused a rammy twice in Ingram Skoda in Ayr. First time was the cheeky cunt at parts and service telling me my car was too old for him to care, so scrawled a part number into a bit of paper and told me 'good luck, m9'. Second was the same fucker, but when I needed a part number for an item and he told me they don't give out part numbers... :huh: 

Not going back into that bit again. Got the first lot of parts (door card clips) on eBay and the second lot (headrest guide tubes) from a fella on Briskoda, so that was that.

5 hours ago, JakeT said:

A day late admittedly, but yesterday seemed to be ‘treat me like a tosser day’.

As a driver of Bavarian Tosser Mobiles, I do understand that people will treat me like a tosser. I try and be more courteous than the usual, in the hope of some mind changing. Yesterday was on another level, probably not helped by it being Sunday.

First instance: following a slow moving vehicle, towing another. Fair enough, my giffermatic 1993 320i probably wouldn’t get a safe overtake in. Neither would the Porsche Uglymera that attempted a poorly timed overtake before diving between i and said slow moving vehicle. Good lady called him a dickhead. I shrugged, these things happen.

Second instance: entering the M4 at Jct 12. Two lanes entering. I’m accelerating down the slip road, when an angry man in a modern Citroen SOOV goes for the aggressive undertake. Good lady called him a dickhead, I shrugged. I think many people are still releasing their anger at 90s Bavarian Tosser Mobiles. These things happen.

Third instance: Leaving the M4 at Jct 11. Having seen the above SOOV pilot undertake a coach, I’m moving from lane 3 (having overtaken the coach) back to lane 1, this being a filter lane to exit the M4. This chap seems to now take umbrage at the shit old WankerWagon being ahead of him. Proceeds to then undertake me on the hard shoulder. Good lady called him a dickhead. I was quite annoyed now, and thought about giving him what for. Decided against it, as these things rarely go well.

Fourth instance: We’ve been to Marks and Expensive, driven back a junction down the M4 (no angry SOOV pilots thank Christ), and I nipped to get some petrol. On the big roundabout at Jct 12 of the M4, someone then proceeded to do a lane change while I’m in passing alongside of them. Good lady calls them a dickhead, I at this point ask “Is there a sign in my forehead that says wanker? Because everyone seems to know something I don’t”.

I get that people get it wrong, as we all do, but to any other Shiters face this sort of ‘argh’ behaviour when out on the roads? I don’t know if it’s “Old car = poor wanker” or what.

Aaaand breathe. To finish, here’s a couple of a lovely Open Corsa A spotted at ‘Swiss classic world’ I stumbled upon while there a couple of weeks ago. Boxed Arches have a lovely soothing effect.

9188AA9B-B9C2-4108-B29C-D37F23D03046.jpeg

9BF27F35-32C5-46E2-9338-2A32EF21AE75.jpeg

Try driving a classic ( one with adequate power to cope with modern traffic or worse one that looks like a a competition car).

The reaction seems to be it's old therefore slow which also means it will stop as it's not going fast, also I'm not getting stuck behind that slow old thing.

Or if in the latter I believe the reaction must been hah he thinks that's fast I'll show him ( ensue very dangerous overtaking manovoures)

As both above situations will obviously cause male impotence & /or  penis shrinkage .

Spent two weeks of awesome honeymoon/holiday in Cape Verde. Felt good. Felt refreshed.

PXL_20220609_193947969.thumb.jpg.8d7237253e2078ddf85f87f84da93631.jpg

Guts rumbling since we landed at Manchester this morning. CODE BROWN early warning alarm. Hoofted it back up the M6 to get home. 

£2.06 a litre at the services? Fuck it, no time to hunt. In it goes. Every second counts! 

Brown laser and chundering all day just in time for going back to work tomorrow. Fantastic. 😂

Back to reality. Duvet. Couch. Cat. 

PXL_20220613_202217780_MP.thumb.jpg.f9f8199ca85317a4870c3fd66b0f51bc.jpg

5 hours ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

I never got bullied in my Mk1 Ford Ka.  I put this down to the fact that the passenger side was covered in dents...

I used to push in like a twat, going over the Runcorn Bridge every day in the rush hour. In a mk2 cavalier. I once wound down the window and said, "Let me in, or find out whether my car is insured and in my name or not. Does it look like it is ? " 

6 hours ago, JakeT said:

As a driver of Bavarian Tosser Mobiles, I do understand that people will treat me like a tosser. I try and be more courteous than the usual, in the hope of some mind changing. Yesterday was on another level, probably not helped by it being Sunday.

First instance: following a slow moving vehicle, towing another. Fair enough, my giffermatic 1993 320i probably wouldn’t get a safe overtake in. Neither would the Porsche Uglymera that attempted a poorly timed overtake before diving between i and said slow moving vehicle. Good lady called him a dickhead. I shrugged, these things happen.

Second instance: entering the M4 at Jct 12. Two lanes entering. I’m accelerating down the slip road, when an angry man in a modern Citroen SOOV goes for the aggressive undertake. Good lady called him a dickhead, I shrugged. I think many people are still releasing their anger at 90s Bavarian Tosser Mobiles. These things happen.

Third instance: Leaving the M4 at Jct 11. Having seen the above SOOV pilot undertake a coach, I’m moving from lane 3 (having overtaken the coach) back to lane 1, this being a filter lane to exit the M4. This chap seems to now take umbrage at the shit old WankerWagon being ahead of him. Proceeds to then undertake me on the hard shoulder. Good lady called him a dickhead. I was quite annoyed now, and thought about giving him what for. Decided against it, as these things rarely go well.

Fourth instance: We’ve been to Marks and Expensive, driven back a junction down the M4 (no angry SOOV pilots thank Christ), and I nipped to get some petrol. On the big roundabout at Jct 12 of the M4, someone then proceeded to do a lane change while I’m in passing alongside of them. Good lady calls them a dickhead, I at this point ask “Is there a sign in my forehead that says wanker? Because everyone seems to know something I don’t”.

I get that people get it wrong, as we all do, but to any other Shiters face this sort of ‘argh’ behaviour when out on the roads? I don’t know if it’s “Old car = poor wanker” or what.

Aaaand breathe. To finish, here’s a couple of a lovely Open Corsa A spotted at ‘Swiss classic world’ I stumbled upon while there a couple of weeks ago. Boxed Arches have a lovely soothing effect.

9188AA9B-B9C2-4108-B29C-D37F23D03046.jpeg

9BF27F35-32C5-46E2-9338-2A32EF21AE75.jpeg

Sounds like Reading to me, oh, wait, it was😱

8 hours ago, JakeT said:

It was drive like a tosser round here. Dawdlers, the 30 in a 40 then 40 in a 30 brigade, those signalling right approaching a mini-roundabout then going straight ahead, cyclists taking the piss with the HC changes. Oh, and fucking potholes.

WOW - All hell broke loose at stupid o'clock this morning. A neighbour is having major works done on their property (one of many actually as this place is rebuild central as they're all loaded) we're the 'normal' kids on the block in amongst diplomats and old money...... they don't like us unless they need technical help!

I digress - the workers needed power off apparently - but didn't tell anyone, no note dropped in or anything. Just kill it............ which almost became literal.

The old dear 2doors up has a live in nurse and so does the lady opposite... Their assistance machines all lost power and backups kicked in. I noticed all power gone and went to investigate - to be met by frantic live in nurses calling ambulances because if the batteries karked it - they were in deep shit. Massive argument with several neighbours all descending on the guys working. Power restored silently with no-one admitting who killed it.

Watching a load of retirees threatening the power, telecoms and supply guys was entertaining at least.

Now awaiting the aftermath - they won't be letting this go - it was bloody idiotic to just kill power to half the street without any notice or checking.

Business centre still getting arsey about me having my vans parked here. They're all used regularly, all commercial vehicles and 2 of the 3 are owned by my company. I'm always at work well before anyone and leave after everyone else so to the part timers from the council it looks like my stuff never leaves. I rent two units and have a max of 2 vehicles parked outside overnight, with 5 in total in the day including my staff

There's a delivery company with one unit who have 30+ vans parked overnight and 30+ staff cars here all day and somehow I'm the problem? 

The next time they give me grief I think I'll struggle to be as polite as I usually am

Bloody sickened, my desk faces out to Newsham Park and it's nice lake, I saw a bit of activity earlier and turns out it was the RSPB trying to rescue a Coot that had a small crossbow bolt through it's neck, Fire Brigade also attended but couldn't catch the little bugger. RSPB are coming back with reinforcements to get it. It seemed active enough so I assume the bolt has missed any vital bits but Jesus wept what cunt would do something like that   

2 hours ago, cobblers said:

Business centre still getting arsey about me having my vans parked here. They're all used regularly, all commercial vehicles and 2 of the 3 are owned by my company. I'm always at work well before anyone and leave after everyone else so to the part timers from the council it looks like my stuff never leaves. I rent two units and have a max of 2 vehicles parked outside overnight, with 5 in total in the day including my staff

There's a delivery company with one unit who have 30+ vans parked overnight and 30+ staff cars here all day and somehow I'm the problem? 

The next time they give me grief I think I'll struggle to be as polite as I usually am

How does it break your lease agreement ? 

10 minutes ago, New POD said:

How does it break your lease agreement ? 

Not a word in it about parking or storing vehicles, but they have sent me an email saying "any vehicles not related to business purposes will be presumed abandoned and will be towed away 😅". Other tenants have a "no motorhome" clause but mine is missing that too.  My big camper van is my personal vehicle, the other 2 vans are loosely for business purposes (one a VW T25 pickup and one a T6 transporter, both commercial vehicles) so my argument is that I have driven to work in my personal vehicle. Everything gets used once or twice a week, but since I'm always here at 6:30 and leave at 7pm, it looks like they all never leave.

There's a new manager on the business centre and they've got a bee in their bonnet about trivial shit like this while the rest of the place falls apart and is overrun with waste and the internet/phones don't work.

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

Not a word in it about parking or storing vehicles, but they have sent me an email saying "any vehicles not related to business purposes will be presumed abandoned and will be towed away 😅". Other tenants have a "no motorhome" clause but mine is missing that too.  My big camper van is my personal vehicle, the other 2 vans are loosely for business purposes (one a VW T25 pickup and one a T6 transporter, both commercial vehicles) so my argument is that I have driven to work in my personal vehicle. Everything gets used once or twice a week, but since I'm always here at 6:30 and leave at 7pm, it looks like they all never leave.

There's a new manager on the business centre and they've got a bee in their bonnet about trivial shit like this while the rest of the place falls apart and is overrun with waste and the internet/phones don't work.

So what can they do about it? 

An email  response with a list of vehicles and reg numbers that are connected with your business, and a reminder of their own obligations, woukd be my retaliation. 

Bollocks. I reckon I'm going to be sent a souvenir photo for my trip to the shops earlier - 45-46mph on a section of 40mph dual carriageway in Eastbourne. Didn't spot the camera van until last minute as the car I was passing obscured it along the straight. Why is it always the bloody Insight that I manage to go through speed traps in!! Should be slow enough to keep me out of trouble 😅

18 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

45-46mph on a section of 40mph dual carriageway in Eastbourne

Fingers crossed you won't hear anything at that speed.

OT but I was in Eastbourne at the weekend, and very nice it was too.

I was reading about the end of the governments EV subsidy. They said half a million cars had been bought with the subsidy which was typically £2500.  Why am I grumpy? Because that’s £1.25 billion of U.K. taxpayers money mostly gone to support overseas car production with very little economic value to the U.K. and when the environmental issues are global.  U.K. car stink is something like (IIRC) 0.05% of global emissions. Waste of money on a colossal scale for naff-all environmental benefit. 

Driving home this evening, going across the top of M42 junction 9 - nobody ever gets the lanes right on this roundabout, and sure enough, up ahead of me a Golf decides to turn right and carry on round the roundabout without noticing the Merc in the lane next to it about to take the exit, and twats into the Merc's rear door.

I pull in behind them as they stop and put my hazards on, deciding to be a good Samaritan and leave my details as a witness.  Golf driving bloke and a younger lad get out of said VAGmobile and the driver proceeds to kick off at the Merc driver and start threatening him.  From in my car I shout something like "Pull the cars out of the way onto the roundabout up there and we can talk there without blocking the road" and the Golf occupants get back on board, pull up alongside the Merc while still giving it a load of verbal, a lorry pulls up behind them and hoots at them to move - at which point the Golf fucks off without leaving any details. 😠

I calmed the rather panicky guy in the Merc down a bit and he called the police, and I have left my name and number with them as a witness.  It's times like that I wish I had a dashcam.

1 hour ago, Rust Collector said:

Bollocks. I reckon I'm going to be sent a souvenir photo for my trip to the shops earlier - 45-46mph on a section of 40mph dual carriageway in Eastbourne. Didn't spot the camera van until last minute as the car I was passing obscured it along the straight. Why is it always the bloody Insight that I manage to go through speed traps in!! Should be slow enough to keep me out of trouble 😅

Haha! Lottbridge Drove? 42 is my limit, but you were unlucky to get snapped, many assume it's a 50. 

2 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Haha! Lottbridge Drove? 42 is my limit, but you were unlucky to get snapped, many assume it's a 50. 

Yeah Lottbridge Drove, my mrs orders click and collect from Tesco and my end of the deal is to pick it up each week and pay the speeding fines...

That long straight past the golf course is tedious at 40 and I normally creep up to 45-50 along there and then slow down as I get to the junctions. I guess your luck always runs out eventually. If I was going fast enough for a ticket then hopefully I should be able to do the speed awareness course at least.

4 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

You should have said hello

I should have! It was only a brief visit this time - one night in the Grand, and then an afternoon in Bexhill the next day. All most agreeable!