The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went and bought 6 big plastic storage boxes this morning, our Co op has them for 3 for £12. Filled the boot with them! 

Got home, and popped the boot then got distracted and let it drop down. It's now latched and the boots full of boxes! The central locking bounces too. 

Best pop it manually when I've got the boxes out from the back seat and hope my coats dropped down or something simple, otherwise my excellent wiring repair last year has just failed somewhere! 

Wife has to write a report.  Can’t be disturbed as needs to concentrate.  Started around 1pm

So because she can’t be disturbed I have had to mow the lawns, do four loads of laundry, hang it out, bring it in, fold it and put it away.  Some needs ironing.  I have also had to mop the floors, Hoover, generally tidy up in advance of her Mum popping round.  She was here about six minutes to drop something off.  

I sat down to do some exam work.  Immediately Cat wants feeding so up to feed cat.  Return to laptop, daughter wants dinner.  Wife appears to ask what I am doing for dinner, possibly wasn’t prepared for the look of hostility.  Cook dinner for wife and son.  Wife mentions the kitchens a bit of a mess after I had literally just finished.  Can I clean it up a bit as she is busy with her report?  Fucks sake.  I can’t even eat it as it is something they want but I can’t handle so I got myself a cheese sandwich and a lecture about how terrible my diet is.

Get to laptop, switch on and immediately the battery runs out on me.  Plug in and wait, now it wants to run a fucking update.  Might have had a rant owing to how stressed, frustrated, and put upon I was feeling.  Everyone now thinks I am an unreasonable Cunt who needs to learn how to stop behaving like a petulant child and can’t see how me having to do everything on my own might have eaten in to my valuable time.

Fuck everything.  Wife’s report?  Should have taken two hours, nearly seven hours in and about half done. FFS

TL:DR - man sacrificing his time and efforts for the benefits of others gets moaned at for doing so and is apparently a cunt for expressing his frustration that nobody else lifts a fucking finger.

Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up and smile. And support her, without coming across as a petualant child.

Your wife will be stressed that a 2 hour report took 7 hours. 

Look after her.

Ironic. Because we all know I'm a twat. And struggle to see anyone else's side of the problem. 

1 hour ago, Parky said:

...TL:DR - man sacrificing his time and efforts for the benefits of others gets moaned at for doing so and is apparently a cunt for expressing his frustration that nobody else lifts a fucking finger.

In a way, it looks like you've realised what it means to be a woman. 

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Fuck everything.  Wife’s report?  Should have taken two hours, nearly seven hours in and about half done. FFS

An excellent and I hope cathartic rant that I totally understand.

My wife is just the same at times.  Sometimes you find out the report is not even necessary or even her responsibility but once it's decided it has to be done that day you're fucked.

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Sometimes, you've just got to suck it up and smile. And support her, without coming across as a petualant child.

Your wife will be stressed that a 2 hour report took 7 hours. 

Look after her.

Ironic. Because we all know I'm a twat. And struggle to see anyone else's side of the problem. 

If she wasn’t binge watching Schitts Creek during production of said report it might have been done in two hours...

20 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

An excellent and I hope cathartic rant that I totally understand.

My wife is just the same at times.  Sometimes you find out the report is not even necessary or even her responsibility but once it's decided it has to be done that day you're fucked.

OMG - she said she could have done it in the office tomorrow morning, she just wanted to be organised.  

She’s just gone to bed but I can’t sleep as am seething.  I was asked if I had ironed her blouses for the week - I hadn’t.  Apparently it’s fine, I can do one for her in the morning.

Ordered a new sump for my ignis over a week ago from poland since it was £70 with postage as opposed to £140 for a new one in the uk or £90 for a rusty second hand one.

It has now sat for a week in a UPS warehouse in poland „due to a brexit related disruption“ despite having cleared customs at the beginning of the week...

wouldnt have been so bad if the MOT wasnt booked for tomorrow...

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

In a way, it looks like you've realised what it means to be a woman. 

Checks date.  Yes Mothering Sunday. 

A day when people with mother's still alive feel obliged to admit that they wouldn't exist with out their mother, and those whose mother's are no longer alive, are sad that they have nobody to send a card to. 

3 hours ago, Parky said:

Wife has to write a report.  Can’t be disturbed as needs to concentrate.  Started around 1pm

So because she can’t be disturbed I have had to mow the lawns, do four loads of laundry, hang it out, bring it in, fold it and put it away.  Some needs ironing.  I have also had to mop the floors, Hoover, generally tidy up in advance of her Mum popping round.  She was here about six minutes to drop something off.  

I sat down to do some exam work.  Immediately Cat wants feeding so up to feed cat.  Return to laptop, daughter wants dinner.  Wife appears to ask what I am doing for dinner, possibly wasn’t prepared for the look of hostility.  Cook dinner for wife and son.  Wife mentions the kitchens a bit of a mess after I had literally just finished.  Can I clean it up a bit as she is busy with her report?  Fucks sake.  I can’t even eat it as it is something they want but I can’t handle so I got myself a cheese sandwich and a lecture about how terrible my diet is.

Get to laptop, switch on and immediately the battery runs out on me.  Plug in and wait, now it wants to run a fucking update.  Might have had a rant owing to how stressed, frustrated, and put upon I was feeling.  Everyone now thinks I am an unreasonable Cunt who needs to learn how to stop behaving like a petulant child and can’t see how me having to do everything on my own might have eaten in to my valuable time.

TL:DR - man sacrificing his time and efforts for the benefits of others gets moaned at for doing so and is apparently a cunt for expressing his frustration that nobody else lifts a fucking finger.

Is this for real?

8 minutes ago, New POD said:

Checks date.  Yes Mothering Sunday. 

A day when people with mother's still alive feel obliged to admit that they wouldn't exist with out their mother, and those whose mother's are no longer alive, are sad that they have nobody to send a card to. 

Both mother and wife have shuffled off this mortal coil so no-one for me to write cards for - which makes me hope that Parky's post is intentionally ironic.

4 hours ago, Parky said:

I feel your pain , but no tlc for you   :-)

my wife is writing a report for my son , we are all suffering , I up on my feet every 30 seconds to press the right button ,and explain to the

pc what .. that bit goes by the little bit there .. means   , how to insert a picture again , yes thats the save button ...... and

put the dog out and is that the printer sign ...

Whilst waiting for the CTEK gadget to do its thing on the CX battery, I think I might have finally tracked down the source of an elusive leak. It didn't always happen, and seemingly depended on the kind of surface the car was parked on (flat paving = telltale patch; tarmac = bone dry).

It seems to be this LHM pipe, or its connectors, just above the gearbox....

20210313_162430.thumb.jpg.a0be6060159d5467826b43390b347289.jpg

The leak is a very slow weep, and doesn't look bad enough yet to necessitate replacement, but it kind of explains why I have a monthly top-up of LHM 

Not car related but in clearing my late parents' house I'm having a job and a half trying to get the three piece suite removed for free.

Even the charities seeking decent bits of furniture have ceased doing this due to covid.

Tried all avenues before contacting the council and paying for a bulk collection.

Bollocks to the lockdown. The R number is now well below one, its time for shops, charities, restaurants and pubs to open up and make some money.