The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Two grumps.....

Today I have had to go and buy some horrible slacks for the new job that i didn't really want and that i am starting next week.
As i said, i didn't really want it, some how i have managed to get it all the same, and sitting watching day time telly or painting the house for the rest of my life isn't really an option.

So off to the nearest New Look, have a quick look at horrible work slacks, and i managed to get a couple of pairs,  one been my usual jeans size and the next one up cos, well, horrible slacks are cut different to jeans and New Looks sizes are as i recall on the small size,
All i have to do now is hope that New Look are still trading when (if?) we get let back out from House Arrest in the new year, so i can take the unwanted trousers back.

That is grump one.

Grump 2? Guess which pair of pants fit? yep, the bigger ones......
1045735863_2020-11-0413_05_09.thumb.jpg.773a27008ba0b8c46e4989e58c35cdc2.jpg

18 hours ago, sierraman said:

Flocks of people descending upon Primark because they cannot live without some new clothes for a month. I mean I’m hardly racing down to Wickes for 10 bags of sand now I can’t go for a month. 

Cheap Christmas presents especially for young families. Not a fan of consumerism but this is the world we live in. 

Cigarettes.

After last night's final hammerfest at the pub, nearly everyone on my floor is now probably hooked on them, considering how many reeked of the things. They aren't even the nice variety of smokes either.

19 hours ago, sierraman said:

Flocks of people descending upon Primark because they cannot live without some new clothes for a month. I mean I’m hardly racing down to Wickes for 10 bags of sand now I can’t go for a month. 

Wickes and other Builders / DIY stores are "essential" and therefore remain open as normal.

4 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Someone tried to force my car's door open last night
20201105_151104.thumb.jpg.4bffad86cb29590d31fc907476305890.jpg20201105_153257.thumb.jpg.9fae1969ee083e82e1f79884a8d01765.jpg
Handle fell off right in my hands when I touched it. FML.

Common problem. They go brittle over time. Cheap and easy fix. If someone wanted to break into a k11 it's easy enough.

2 minutes ago, Agila said:

Common problem. They go brittle over time. Cheap and easy fix. If someone wanted to break into a k11 it's easy enough.

Suspected that it was an easy fix but the plastic handle I'm holding in my hand certainly isn't brittle. It crossed my mind, but someone really did yank on the doorhandle. To clarify: this is on college property and quite a few people in my dorm returned absolutely hammered. My car wasn't in that state yesterday afternoon.

10 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Suspected that it was an easy fix but the plastic handle I'm holding in my hand certainly isn't brittle. It crossed my mind, but someone really did yank on the doorhandle. To clarify: this is on college property and quite a few people in my dorm returned absolutely hammered. My car wasn't in that state yesterday afternoon.

In the winter ,I would use a wooden wedge to open a frozen door on my  Micra , the handle did not feel robust in the cold .. 

1 minute ago, MikeR said:

In the winter ,I would use a wooden wedge to open a frozen door on my  Micra , the handle did not feel robust in the cold .. 

This is true, however it wasn't all that cold last night when the handle was snapped. It definitely doesn't inspire confidence when opening the door in proper cold though, like you said.

21 minutes ago, MikeR said:

Me too, none of mine ever felt like they'd put up much of a fight against frozen door seals, the driver's door handle on the last K11 I had felt like it was going to snap off at any moment though it never actually did.

15 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

Bloody fireworks 

yes. this.

the annual grump of "fireworks"

its been like a salvo by salvo recreation of the Battle of the North Cape here since 6pm.

my cat is far from happy. and its worse up at my parents, their cat is cowering, hissing and spitting under the spare bed, and their dog (a border collie) is a quivering mess who has tried hiding behind the sofa, under the chair in the window, in her bed and under the table.

so thank you neighbours ,thank you very, very much.

in fact given the most recent window rattling  "bang" one side has hit the others powder magazine.

bloody fireworks....

54 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

I renewed yesterday and aside from the payment details they asked no questions.

I asked "I have 2 cars and a motorbike, am I still covered on all of them?" "Yes"

Doubt their policies changed overnight - and the policy covers the policy holder, not their vehicle, so unsure why they asked you - maybe just market research.

I'm due to renew in 2 days, but have a new card. Went to the website, clicked renew, entered my reference number and it popped up a form wanting details of my main vehicle. Put in the disco reg as I can remember it, next page says £74.99. Clicked back, looked out window for reg of C1, price is now £59.99, but when you click buy there's a big X next to Cover For Vehicles Over 15 Years Old.

Er, just realised that's £15 not £20. I'd check the docs if you've renewed at £60 and have anything over 15 years.

EDIT: did you do it on the phone? Maybe they're only charging extra on the website

Fireworks here all stopped by about 9pm at the latest, since then it's been deathly quiet (I went for a short walk around 9:30 and did not see another person and only one car went by).

Not complaining about them due to being a pet owner like so many others do - I don't have any dogs or cats, I just fucking hate fireworks.  (Several years ago I was at a speedway meeting and the club had their end-of-season display, and a firework flew into the crowd - thankfully no serious injuries but I've been scared of them ever since.)