The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I have to agree, there's a couple of these on my drive home and there is enough room for 2 cars but an almost 9ft wide HGV always gets priority if there's one coming.
I wouldn't have minded if he'd slowed down, but he just blew past like he'd not even seen me. Given like you say it was a narrow road, he could have been a little less bullish.

So it was either a fuck you I'm bigger than you moment, or he hadn't actually seen my car coming.

50 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

I wouldn't have minded if he'd slowed down, but he just blew past like he'd not even seen me. Given like you say it was a narrow road, he could have been a little less bullish.

So it was either a fuck you I'm bigger than you moment, or he hadn't actually seen my car coming.

Maybe it was poor obs on your part? or maybe not, there is never a winner but the close call could have been avoided if you'd slowed and allowed for him, lorries will rarely give way to a car, you should drive more defensively to mitigate this :)

Maybe it was poor obs on your part? or maybe not, there is never a winner but the close call could have been avoided if you'd slowed and allowed for him, lorries will rarely give way to a car, you should drive more defensively to mitigate this 
I was driving slowly, I mentioned the poor road at the start.
I was probably doing 40/45 tops.

I also successfully negotiated two hgvs before and one after without ending up upside down in a field.

So my points still stand, either he's an inconsiderate cunt or didn't see me.

11 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

Hmmm. Interesting... was thinking more Jaguar XJ6/S-type. Yes they are shit but I like 'em.

I don't have one of those though. I got this S80 to break for spares but there's not really anything wrong with it, other than a non working drivers window, cracked headlight and month long MOT.

24 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Words that don't normally go together.

(Good luck with it's replacement :))

Thanks. I think I might have already sourced a replacement.

That Vectra was exactly what I needed at the time. It was a wonderful car that everything I needed and more. Its just sad that its died in this way. But it did manage 230k.

Steroid diary day 5.  High dosage continues.  Sleep total over last 120 hours - five fucking hours.   It’s like being pissed without the urge to shout “wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!” at wheelie bins.  Current mood

1A0ADCAE-3152-49DE-A45D-36FB815C2F5D.gif

If you see a man in a silver Leon being brought sandwiches by Paul Gascogne later, this may provide context

Selling Volvo.

Have put three serious long distance buyers on hold in favour of another long distance buyer who now seems to have 'ghosted' me (as the k1Dz say) despite me pleading with him to let me know if he changed his mind about seeing it so I can arrange something else. Took 10 days to sort out a plan for him to see it.

Why are people so comfortable with wasting other people's time?

Selling cars on the internet makes my soul hurt.

42 minutes ago, ChampionRabbit said:

Selling Volvo.

Have put three serious long distance buyers on hold in favour of another long distance buyer who now seems to have 'ghosted' me (as the k1Dz say) despite me pleading with him to let me know if he changed his mind about seeing it so I can arrange something else. Took 10 days to sort out a plan for him to see it.

Why are people so comfortable with wasting other people's time?

Selling cars on the internet makes my soul hurt.

I'm not sure.  The only car that I've had people interested from a long distance was a mini, about 9 years ago. 

From Aberdeen, Devon, Newcastle, and Kent. 

As I said to all of them, the first person standing on my drive with cash gets it. If you are coming along way, let me know when you are leaving the house and your ETA and I'll delay anyone else until you've been.  I don't want anyone to waste 12 hours in a car, but until you are on your way, it's first come first served.  I had to phone a woman at 8:30 Pm, from Aberdeen to say, "please tell me you haven't left because I've just sold it".  They were due to leave at 6am. 

Fucking wing mirror.  Fucking narrow road.  Fucking bloke in a fucking Focus chatting to his (presumably) fucking girlfriend rather than fucking pulling over to his side of the fucking road.  And then not fucking stopping and fucking driving off.

I've got a second-hand one on order already from eBay.  Due Monday.  Fortunately the electric heater wires disconnected at the spade and nothing has snapped or sheared in the mechanism - so I can just take the bits off the replacement rather than fucking about with trim to get it in.  Fucks me right off though.  And I've had a properly shit week and might have to drive to Devon at short notice...

57 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

There is but one rule: the first person to arrive with a mutually acceptable amount of folding gets the car.

Agreed.  The man who bought my Civic for $1800 and “just nipped off to get the cash, back in an hour” turned up two days later and was very miffed I had sold it for $2100 the day after he’d gone. 

23 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Fucking wing mirror.  Fucking narrow road.  Fucking bloke in a fucking Focus chatting to his (presumably) fucking girlfriend rather than fucking pulling over to his side of the fucking road.  And then not fucking stopping and fucking driving off.

I've got a second-hand one on order already from eBay.  Due Monday.  Fortunately the electric heater wires disconnected at the spade and nothing has snapped or sheared in the mechanism - so I can just take the bits off the replacement rather than fucking about with trim to get it in.  Fucks me right off though.  And I've had a properly shit week and might have to drive to Devon at short notice...

Last few times I twatted my mirrors, I did each one reversing into my garage in poor light.

That ruined the wiring for the heaters and mountings for the glass but I could at least glue the mirror back in.

Then I gently tapped the wing mirror against a parked car's mirror, where upon the glass fell out and cracked all over. I stopped to pick it up and check the parked car; but even a scratch to them fortunately. But mine is pretty much toast!

Oops!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a PSVita from a charity shop for an unbelievable 20 quid. Played with it for a bit then stuck it on ebay and got 75 quid for it. What a result!

Packaged it up and left it in a carrier bag in the kitchen to take to the post office.

Crazy busy at work so I've been a bit tardy in sending it but today was the day, suddenly can't find it anywhere.

Rings my missus to ask if she'd moved the morrisons bag in the kitchen.

"Oh I thought that was rubbish, i took it out to the bins"

The bins were picked up yesterday, its gone. Now I have to refund the 75 quid and I'll probably get a neg.  

I'm currently stuck between wanting to post a rant about work, but also thinking I shouldn't because I'm fortunate to still be in a relatively decent position while others haven't been so lucky this year. It's a bit like being desperate to belch, but you're at a funeral.