The grumpy thread

outlaw118

18 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

If you absolutely insist on riding your Harley Davidson on 60mph roads at least try and do somewhere near that speed, not fucking 41mph and slowing down to 27 on the slightest corners., you 3/4 aged crisis, trouser legs flapping in the wind, piss pot helmeted back-and front .

To be fair, they ride them like that here, too.

Bloody tabby cat has gone missing. The dickhead one that doesn't behave like a cat and does nothing but groom itself, farts which are smellier than that of a dog and miaow incessantly for food or attention. Last seen evening on Sunday, 3 days after a second wallet busting visit to the vet in 6 weeks and needing twice a day medication. Apparently neighbour's cat had a fight with a tabby on Sunday night/Monday small hours and as we discovered she has a heart problem may have conked out while hiding somewhere. Not in the shed, compost bin, under the hedge nor anywhere in the house (if she was in the house and alive we'd have heard her; she's got Siamese in her and has that horrid miaow they make).

Wife and stepdaughter almost inconsolable which is making me grumpy. I had better not use the term "Doner Catbab" when we go to the Turkish Meze restaurant this evening.

I also have a ridiculous stomach ache and the wind has blow my sunflowers over. And my cars are reliable enough not to grump about them, so I'm grumpy about that as well.

6 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

Bloody tabby cat has gone missing. The dickhead one that doesn't behave like a cat and does nothing but groom itself, farts which are smellier than that of a dog and miaow incessantly for food or attention. Last seen evening on Sunday, 3 days after a second wallet busting visit to the vet in 6 weeks and needing twice a day medication. Apparently neighbour's cat had a fight with a tabby on Sunday night/Monday small hours and as we discovered she has a heart problem may have conked out while hiding somewhere. Not in the shed, compost bin, under the hedge nor anywhere in the house (if she was in the house and alive we'd have heard her; she's got Siamese in her and has that horrid miaow they make).

Wife and stepdaughter almost inconsolable which is making me grumpy. I had better not use the term "Doner Catbab" when we go to the Turkish Meze restaurant this evening.

I also have a ridiculous stomach ache and the wind has blow my sunflowers over. And my cars are reliable enough not to grump about them, so I'm grumpy about that as well.

Cat returned this evening. Don't know where she has been but got in from restaurant and she came crashing through the catflap in the back door. I'd been at home all day until we went out for dinner at half 5 so where she has been I have no idea, she'd not been in all day. All I can think is locked in a shed/garage or is visiting another household for food, as she's not eaten since she walked in either. If she was stranded for 2 nights then surely she'd have troughed something down.

Given the frailties of the criminal justice system we definitely do not want capital punishment, quite apart from the fact there's fuck all evidence it's any deterrent to space cadets knocking lumps out of each other, getting stabby, or whatever.

7 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Given the frailties of the criminal justice system we definitely do not want capital punishment, quite apart from the fact there's fuck all evidence it's any deterrent to space cadets knocking lumps out of each other, getting stabby, or whatever.

Following my Jury Service where we decided on a sexual offence, I really don't think I could recommend 12 members of the public, to decide life or death decisions. 

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Given the perceived frailties of the criminal justice system, is there anything better on the table?

Yes, the state not murdering people would be best. The basic mechanics are essentially impossible to carry out in a humane manner; see the USA for details, or at least the states that still carry it out.

The correct treatment for the Picunto driver would be for the victim to do the same to him.

Whilst driving a Range Rover. 

With rusty bullbars fitted. 

At the national speed limit. 

Then the Picunto driver could serve time as a follow-up. 

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Did the crims treat their victims in a humane manner?

Two wrongs, &c.

TT's point is valid - given the number of people who are convicted on flaky evidence and released years later following a review, having the death penalty really isn't safe - you can't bring someone back to life if their conviction is quashed.  The cost savings are questionable too, given that most capital prisoners in the US spend decades on death row before getting the needle / chair.  And the far higher murder rates in the US show that the death penalty isn't a deterrent.  The only thing it is good for is revenge, and revenge is not the purpose of the criminal justice system, however satisfying it might be.

Potential live breakdown thread this afternoon! Taken the kids to Drayton Manor, briefly smelt that acrid gearbox smell you get sometimes and then 5 minutes I’ve lost top gear in the automatic Granvia. 

A quick ignition cycle did nothing so we did the final 40 miles in 3rd with a touch of overdrive, drinking fuel.  Now the OD light is flashing which means there’s clearly a problem.

Possible causes apparently are speed sensor, solenoid, gear oil level and the kph/mph chip failing. 

My mate had his new Honda X-Adv of one week stolen from his garage in the night. There is no unpleasant fate on this earth I wouldn't wish on the worthless human refuse that are bike thieves. Still, he'll get a crime number from Plod and a derisory offer from the insurance, so it's a victimless crime really, isn't it? ?

Covering for the Procurement Director and a Procurement Manager this week and next, right when all the proverbial is hitting the fan - all suppliers are on extended lead times due to Covid19, so nobody has stock. But obviously I have to work miracles to find it. Then Inventory aren't helping by producing spreadsheets that have important data missing, like PO numbers and SKUs. 

Feeling a tad out of my depth to say the least! Getting to the ratty end of my tether and it's only Wednesday of the first week! 

1 hour ago, strangeangel said:

My mate had his new Honda X-Adv of one week stolen from his garage in the night. There is no unpleasant fate on this earth I wouldn't wish on the worthless human refuse that are bike thieves. Still, he'll get a crime number from Plod and a derisory offer from the insurance, so it's a victimless crime really, isn't it? ?

Cunts.  Even if those bikes are fugly bastards.